Profile for mammoth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mammoth "booscout3" RSS Feed (California)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Come Home
Come Home
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars None, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Come Home (Kindle Edition)
how the heck did this book get over three stars? it was really really bad. i hope her future books are better. lisa is a nice lady and has done many good works.

Hanes Women's Classic Cotton Hi-Cut Panties, Three Pack
Hanes Women's Classic Cotton Hi-Cut Panties, Three Pack
Price: $7.99 - $21.83

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree with the one star ladies, March 21, 2014
This underware is flimsy and the seams are irregular. I too have been buying Hanes for years.....not anymore. I'm switching to jockey. So far jockey seems better. I wish I had read the current reviews before purchase. Shame on me.

The Beans of Egypt, Maine
The Beans of Egypt, Maine
by Carolyn Chute
70 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes me wonder, October 16, 2013
Although I have yet to see Duck Dynasty the TV show. I'm wondering if it's similar to the Bean book. I found this book very sad but it did make me think. I thought about poverty leading to low IQ. That seems unlikely, but who knows? Would I recommend this book? Yes. If nothing else, it's a quirky look at life many of us have never known.

The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
The Light Between Oceans: A Novel
by M. L. Stedman
Price: $20.24
211 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice premise......but, December 21, 2012
This book was a bit too flowery for me. And it really seemed to drag on and on. There was a narcissistic young woman, an obnoxious child and a spineless man. There was a decent premise to begin with but it got bogged down.

I do wish Amazon would stop ripping us of with their ridiculously high book fees. This Kindle edition cost ten bucks! Oh my.

Gun Games: A Decker/Lazarus Novel (Decker/Lazarus Novels)
Gun Games: A Decker/Lazarus Novel (Decker/Lazarus Novels)
by Faye Kellerman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $9.74
220 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I forced myself to finish it, July 18, 2012
Where the heck is Faye Kellerman? Surely she didn't write this book. It was just awful. Bad dialog, yucky teen angst, slow moving.......all in all it was a real letdown. And hey, I had a difficult time with the Persian Jew idea. I hope the next Faye Kellerman book is a least readable withou having to lay it aside time after time.

Elegy for Eddie (Maisie Dobbs Mysteries)
Elegy for Eddie (Maisie Dobbs Mysteries)
by Jacqueline Winspear
194 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition $12.99????, May 3, 2012
I like this author and would love to order this book. She usually gives us intrigue and interest from page one. However, I think I'm going to have to give up Amazon's Kindle books. Way too expensive for a retired person like myself. Kindle is a good idea gone awry. If regular book sellers can offer discounted books, why can't Amazon? Cudos to Jacqueline Winspear!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2012 3:31 PM PDT

When I Found You
When I Found You

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it...., March 21, 2012
This review is from: When I Found You (Kindle Edition)
I don't get it, why would people give this book five stars? Five stars is for GREAT books. This book was boring while trying to be sentimental. I had to force myself to finish it, nice writing though. I give Ms. Hyde E for effort. And the idea was good, she just couldn't pull it off.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2013 10:53 AM PST

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum Novels)
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum Novels)
by Janet Evanovich
Price: $12.59
292 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars A movie is being made??????????, January 29, 2012
What the heck, this book, like all her others, really stinks. Janet's books are so stupid it's embarassing to be seen reading them.

V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone Mystery)
V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone Mystery)
by Sue Grafton
Price: $19.33
523 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars What a shame........., December 13, 2011
This book was so boring I almost stopped reading it about half way through. Hopefully, Miss Grafton's next book will be better. I have really enjoyed her older books.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2012 3:19 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, September 3, 2011
After years and years of using a cheap nail clipper, this clipper is a marvelous find. Don't hesitate, buy it! I thought I was having a hard time cutting my toe nails because I'm getting old and weak. Turns out I had a crummy clipper all along. This clipper works great.

Also, shipping time was very short.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6