Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Profile for David in Denver > Reviews

Browse

David in Denver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David in Denver RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Comparative Osteology: A Laboratory and Field Guide of Common North American Animals
by Bradley J. Adams
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $60.43
94 used & new from $39.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Important doctoral research material, March 12, 2016
My daughter is a PhD candidate in anthropology and needed this book for her research. It has been most helpful.

John Adams
John Adams
by David McCullough
Price: $12.19
829 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one in a series of terrific books by David McCullough. Every American should read this book., March 12, 2016
This review is from: John Adams (Paperback)
McCullough stands out as, arguably, America's greatest writer of history in America. This book paints a vivid picture of just how difficult it was to launch our new nation. This is must reading.

Over California
Over California
DVD ~ Over California
Price: $9.99
19 used & new from $4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved my Golden State from the air, March 25, 2015
This review is from: Over California (DVD)
As a native of California, I was blown away by this beautiful video tour of my Golden State.

Over New England
Over New England
DVD ~ Over New England
Price: $9.39
17 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to have the VHS version of this video years ago so I am glad to have it on DVD, March 25, 2015
This review is from: Over New England (DVD)
I lived in Connecticut for six years (I wish I was still there but that is another story) and drove around New England whenever I had the chance. This video is an incredible tribute of the New England I miss so much. I used to have the VHS version of this video years ago so I am glad to have it on DVD.

Fathers and Daughters: In Their Own Words
Fathers and Daughters: In Their Own Words
by Mariana Ruth Cook
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for every father of a daughter., March 25, 2015
What can I say! As the father of a wonderful daughter, this book has been a mainstay on my bookshelf. And not only have a given this book as a gift to other dads I know, I am also old friends of the lithographer who printed this book. SInce the late 1970s, David Gardner has printed books and posters for other photographers including Ansel Adams, Brett Weston, Dorothea Lange and many other great photographers.

Over Hawaii (As seen on public television)
Over Hawaii (As seen on public television)
DVD ~ Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours
Price: $9.99
9 used & new from $9.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Redefining "Aloha!", March 25, 2015
I have been to Hawaii several times but never got a birds' eye view until now. Incredible!

Mister Boffo: Unclear on the Concept
Mister Boffo: Unclear on the Concept
by Joe Martin
Price: $15.00
15 used & new from $10.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Humor among the best of the best, December 23, 2014
I have been a fan of Joe Martin's brilliance since the mid-1980s. I have clipped his cartoons ever since to keep in my files along with my favorites from The New Yorker. Along with Berkeley Breathed (Bloom County, Opus), Gary Trudeau of Doonesbury fame, Gary Larson of The Far Side, Wiley of the ever brilliant and enlightening Non Sequitor, and most recently, Darby Conley of Get Fuzzy (and chosen a few years ago by fellow cartoonists as the best of that year), Joe Martin is not just prolific. He has tapped into some sacred cows for some of his humor including heaven and hell, prisons and executions, marriage, poverty business ... each of his creations is like a small essay composed in one seemingly simple yet, hilarious panel.
The New Yorker has lost a few great cartoonists including Leo Cullum and Charles Barzotti. I would urge their cartoons editor, Bob Mankoff, to seriously consider adding Joe Martin to his stable of artists.
I have three books by Joe Martin including "Unclear on the Concept," "The First Decade" and "Shrink Wrapped." Martin also has other cartoons including Cats with Hands, which is a wonderful anthropomorphic journey.

DVD ~ James Stewart
10 used & new from $2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars With family pride, this is a great film., December 23, 2014
This review is from: Thunderbolt (DVD)
I found this film quite by accident, or by serendipity. And I had no idea that a cousin of mine, Maj. Richard O. Hunziker, was one of the featured pilots. I knew he had flown the P47s and was well aware of his war record as a superb fighter pilot. There is another William Wyler film from the war that, again, featured, our cousin when he was based in Tunis. From there they made raids into Nazi-held Italy. He made an Air Force career of it as well, retiring as a Lt. General. To say the least, I became an instant fan of "Thunderbolt."
As a side story to this film, the man who would become my godfather after the war (through marriage to my mother's best friend), was a company commander during the fight at Anzio. Pinned down by the Nazis, it was a bloody mess. What I now firmly believe is, our cousin was part of the attack squadron that attacked those German positions raining hell on our soldiers there.
Years after the war, both my cousin and godfather, who had not known each other during the war, would convene at our house for dinner parties and it was there that I noticed the two of them chatting quietly with each other. I must presume my godfather and cousin were talking about those horrific times as one fought from the beach while the other fought in support from the air.
Thus, I will treasure this film for the rest of my days and I am now 70 years old.

DVD ~ James Stewart
10 used & new from $2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars With family pride, this is a great film., December 23, 2014
This review is from: Thunderbolt (DVD)

The Last Lecture
The Last Lecture
by Randy Pausch
Price: $11.28
1726 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Impeccable story of courage and inspiration, December 8, 2012
This review is from: The Last Lecture (Hardcover)
There is a video of Randy Paush's "Last Lecture" tour and it may be a great foundation before launching into this terrific book. Mr. Paush was diagnosed with incurable cancer and yet, rather than wallowing in the fears, regrets and such, he turned his experience into words to live by for all of us. This is a must read. But also find the video to get the full context. His warm demeanor and inspiring courage are more easily apparent in the video.

Page: 1 | 2