Profile for R. Hogg > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Hogg RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
X-Support GS-3XS Steel Bedding Support System, 3 Cross Rails, 3 Legs
X-Support GS-3XS Steel Bedding Support System, 3 Cross Rails, 3 Legs
Offered by Homeplace Group
Price: $139.00
4 used & new from $114.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent support frame, November 30, 2013
I have a queen sized wooden framed bed. For years, I've had these 2x4s nailed/wedged between the side boards as the support features because that is what came with the bed. For years they were constantly falling out on one side or the other. It was driving me bonkers. I purchased this and with my spouse's help, we got it put together and have had no issues and great support ever since. This was a great purchase and I wish I'd had it from the moment I brought my new bed home.

CLUTCH (I Am Just Junco #1)
CLUTCH (I Am Just Junco #1)
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent novel, November 30, 2013
This is a decent novel. It took some time for me to get into it. I spent a good half of the book really not sure of what was keeping me reading it but I did keep going. I finally realized that it was simply the question of 'what the hell is going on' that keep me going. There are a number of twists that I did not expect and that kept me guessing. I will eventually read the sequel(s) but right now they are not at the top of my list as this book while decent did not give me that 'OMG must read now' feeling.

Desk Reference to the Diagnostic Criteria from DSM-5(TM)
Desk Reference to the Diagnostic Criteria from DSM-5(TM)
by American Psychiatric Association
Price: $48.12
172 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A student's perspective, November 30, 2013
As a Master's student in Counseling, I found this useful but not as useful and descriptive as the DSM-5 itself. After purchasing this I went out and got a full version of the DSM-5 to use because I needed the sections that provide more in depth information than just the basic requirements for a diagnosis. When given the choice between the two, I'd choose the full DSM-5 every day but this is a good option if you cannot afford the full size edition or simply do not need the extra in depth sections after the diagnosis criteria.

Theories of Psychotherapy & Counseling: Concepts and Cases (Psy 641 Introduction to Psychotherapy)
by Richard S. Sharf
Price: $180.78
82 used & new from $124.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent textbook!, November 30, 2013
This is a great textbook. I used it for my Theories of Counseling course in my Master's Counseling program. It provides a nice overview of each theory and even includes a number of alternative/less used theories. It is organized well and follows a standard format throughout the entire text.

Introductory Textbook of Psychiatry
Introductory Textbook of Psychiatry
by Donald W. Black
70 used & new from $15.81

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but very medical, November 30, 2013
I used this book as the textbook for my Psychopathology course in my Master's Counseling program. It has a LOT of useful information but I found that outside of the case studies the vast majority of the text was either a direct quote from the DSM or a lot of medical language that I had difficulty understanding without a medical dictionary readily at hand. Yes, I will use some medical jargon in my future profession as a counselor, but this book is more than what I'd need since it is written for Psychiatrists rather than Counselors.

Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession (7th Edition) (The Merrill Counseling Series)
by Samuel T. Gladding
Price: $126.68
107 used & new from $77.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful textbook, November 30, 2013
I used this book as the text for my Foundations, Ethics and Professional Issues course in my Master's Counseling program. It has a good overview of foundation topics in the psychology/counseling fields without being too cumbersome in language or organization.

BUILT Neoprene Sleeve for all iPhones, Mini Dot Navy
BUILT Neoprene Sleeve for all iPhones, Mini Dot Navy

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, affordable, & cute, November 30, 2013
I initially purchased this as protection for my iPhone 5 when I'm running and it's in my pocket or stuffed in the corner of my bra, as the neoprene protects it from wetness from sweat. The cover is also washable which is obviously a necessary requirement given the manner in which I'm using it. Additionally, I find it very useful simply as a protective case when my phone is in my purse, as this protects it from getting scratches from various things in my purse as well.

I also use a slim Deflector case by Uncommon with this sleeve. Together my iPhone is protected from all sorts of possible harm that life and regular use can throw at it.

RSVP Drink Straw Cleaning Brush (set of 2)
RSVP Drink Straw Cleaning Brush (set of 2)
Offered by OKBuy
Price: $5.18
21 used & new from $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, November 30, 2013
Perfect size for keeping the straws that come with washable drinking cups clean! Very useful.

It comes with 2 cleaning brushes which is very nice. I use the 2nd one to clean the small intricate areas (some straw shaped) in my dog's water fountain.

GOYESTORE Lovely Vintage Jewelry Crystal Butterfly bowknot Hairpins Hair stick - for hair Beauty Tools
Offered by BuyInBulk
Price: $2.80
26 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty clip, November 30, 2013
This is a very pretty hair clip. I particularly like the colors. It is cheaply made though. It will make a great holiday gift.

BUILT Neoprene Envelope for all iPads or 10-inch e-reader, Graphite Grid
BUILT Neoprene Envelope for all iPads or 10-inch e-reader, Graphite Grid
Offered by Gifts 'n More
Price: $12.90
13 used & new from $7.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Too tight fitting, November 30, 2013
This is a great little envelope which I'm sure fits iPads well. I bought it going off the measurements for my new Surface. Although the measurements indicated that it should fit and provide protection, I found it to be very slightly too small/tight to make it useful for the Surface. I won't be returning it because the amount I would get back would only cover the cost to return it. I'll keep it and if I meet someone who needs and iPad cover, I'll simply gift it to them.

Page: 1 | 2