Profile for CBWright > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CBWright "Curry" RSS Feed (Minnesota, U.S.A.)

Page: 1 | 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PC
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PC
Price: $15.99
79 used & new from $4.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Cookie cutter console crap, April 22, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I pre-ordered this game because I really liked Modern Warfare 1, unfortunately this was just a cookie cutter update of that. Not only that, the multiplayer system for PC is awful, removing dedicated servers and replacing it with player hosts. This resulted in frequent host migrations which ruins gameplay. Another thing that was annoying was the prestige process which makes you go through the process of unlocking guns 10 times to get all of the "trophies". When servers work, gameplay is good but doesn't make up for the flaws.

Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Logitech G500 Programmable Gaming Mouse
Offered by GT Electronics
Price: $79.99
21 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech's best mouse chassis continues to shine, April 22, 2011
Logitech has been using this mouse chassis for years and there is a good reason for it. It is one of the most comfortable mice I have ever owned. I have previously owned 4 mice built on this chassis and the g500 is the best one yet. It is a laser mouse with great tracking. I owned two g5's before this one and they sometimes skipped when tracking which the g500 never did. The G500 has a momentum wheel which for a long time was only offered on non-gaming mice. Its a really nice feature when scrolling through long webpages or documents. Like the G5, the G500 has on the fly resolution settings which is great for gaming. The G5 had the same feature but the G500 stores the settings on the mouse so you dont need the software installed to use it.

If you want the most comfortable gaming mouse on the market, buy this one. I promise you wont be disappointed.

Xbox 360 250GB HardDrive - Xbox Slim Only
Xbox 360 250GB HardDrive - Xbox Slim Only
Offered by WorldWide Distributors
Price: $99.95
21 used & new from $47.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth while, April 20, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought a 4gb Xbox 360 slim because it is matte rather than glossy. 4gbs was filled up with just my game saves and I needed to have more space. I didnt want to risk getting in trouble for an aftermarket drive, so I decided to go with a microsoft drive. It plops right in and works perfectly. I copied my files to the hard drive, which is really easy to do. Now I have enough space to download my DLC. I highly recommend getting one of these if you have a 4gb xbox 360 slim and need more room. The hard drive is a little bit pricey, but at its current price ($90-95), it ends up being cheaper than the Xbox 360 slim 250gb version.

Xbox 360 4GB Console
Xbox 360 4GB Console
Offered by Quickndone Electronics
Price: $199.99
422 used & new from $87.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 times better than the original 360, April 6, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB Console (Video Game)
I just replaced my original 360 with the 4gb slim model. I bought it because it has a matte finish rather than the 250gb version which has a piano black finish. I have purchased the 250gb hard drive accessory to provide ample storage. I would say this is necessary because after the system files and game saves, there is only about 1.4gb left out of the 4gb available. The slim model is about 3 inches shorter and 1 inch narrower. It is quieter than the original version, especially when a disc is spinning. The power brick is significantly smaller than the original.

Some of the added features on the slim model are touch sensitive power and eject buttons. It also has 5 usb ports, two on the front and 3 on the back. It also includes a wireless card so you can connect to a wireless router rather than only through ethernet (or $80 add on card). When I set up the wireless, it found my N channel but it didn't see my G channel.

Overall its quite a bit nicer than the original xbox. It consumes less power, is quieter and has more features. I highly recommend upgrading from the original to the slim.

Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Brad Pitt
Price: $17.98
96 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarintino's best yet, March 30, 2011
This movie was amazingly hilarious, gruesome and beautiful. The cinematography is beautiful and the story line is a good mixture of humorous and serious. The movie can be graphic and extremely violent at times, so be aware before watching. The special edition is nothing particularly great but at the price you can get it these days, its not really more expensive than a non-special edition version. It does come with a DVD and digital copy which is really nice (and how all BluRay movies should be packaged).

The high definition quality is great, and it looks and sounds stunning on HDTVs and surround sound systems. I recommend getting this if you like this movie and HD movies.

Samsung Galaxy S Vehicle Navigation Mount Car Mount for Sprint Samsung Epic 4G D700
Offered by ShimonTech
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best car mount I have ever owned, March 29, 2011
I bought this mount for my Samsung Epic and love it. Its the best cell phone mount I have ever purchased. It connects to the windshield via suction cup but also includes a pad that can be connected to other surfaces. Unlike cheap suction cup mounts, this does not fall off the wind shield.

This has a sliding usb connector so that you can easily pull the phone off the mount which has a micro usb and audio connector so you can plug in the included charger and an audio out.

The only real downfall is that the epic doesn't currently support audio over usb so the built in usb connector doesn't work if you want to hook your phone to a stereo. This can be circumvented by mounting the phone upside down in the mount and plug both the audio and usb in the top of the phone. Samsung is supposed to support audio usb in a future update.

Overall, I highly recommend getting a car mount and this is the best option for the Samsung Epic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The way the ps3 controller should be., March 29, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought a set of these after numerous recommendations from friends. These make the PS3 controller so much better. The PS3 controller isn't as good as the 360 but these trigger extenders improve the feel of the controller to where its comparable. I would recommend these for anyone and everyone.

Xbox 360 Black Play and Charge Kit
Xbox 360 Black Play and Charge Kit
Price: $16.16
75 used & new from $3.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Questionable battery life, terrible longevity..., March 29, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought two of these last year for my 360. They worked great but I didn't get the best battery life out of them. I had to recharge them between once a week and twice a week with moderate use. After 6 months of moderate to regular use, the batteries failed. Since then I switched to rechargeable AA batteries and they last quite a bit longer and it was about 26 for a set of batteries (4 AAs and 2AAAs) and a charger. I would recommend going with a good set of rechargeable batteries over play and charge kits.

Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit
Xbox 360 Silver Controller and Play & Charge Kit
13 used & new from $32.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Same ol' great 360 controller, March 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This controller is updated from the original 360 controller. It has a pop up d pad which is geared towards fighter games. Its not the greatest update, I dont used it but the 360 controller is my favorite console controller. This is nice that it comes with the charge and play kit but my experience has been that the battery life sucks and they die after about 6 months. I have had a lot better experience with rechargeable AA batteries. All in all its a solid controller and a must for 360 players.

Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver (OLD VERSION)
Yamaha RX-V667 7.2-Channel Home Theater Receiver (OLD VERSION)
Offered by superior sales
Price: $499.99
6 used & new from $220.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesnt get any better at this price, March 14, 2011
After weeks of scouring reviews of this receiver and similar featured receivers, I opted to pick one of these up. I would consider this a mid-level receiver with a considerable amount of features. One of the many reasons I chose this receiver was its HDMI support. Not only does it have an ample amount of HDMI in's, they can be used when the receiver isn't being used. I like to use this feature when I am playing a game that I don't need sound for. The RX-V667 has an lot of connections on the back including analog and digital. It has the ability to mix old equipment like turntables with new equipment like HDTV's and gaming consoles. Its nice to not have to have two separate amps. The down side to this, is that your analog input is digitized before being output to speakers. If this is an issue for a user, I would recommend having an analog amp along with this receiver.

This is a 7.2 channel receiver meaning it can accept 7 satellite speakers (1 center channel, 2 Front (Left and Right), 2 Side (Left and Right) and 2 Rear (Left and Right). It also has the ability to have two sub woofers. I have it set up with a 5.1 set of speakers and it sounds fantastic.

A great feature of this receiver is its overlay. When using a video input, you can open the overlay menu and change settings within the receiver. Its a really nice feature, especially for initial setup. You can change the speaker settings, out put settings, equalizer settings, and many more.

The remote is well laid out and has a plethora of features. It can be programed to control other things, including TVs. This is a nice feature because the number of remotes in a tv setup is ever increasing.

Set up on this receiver is really easy. You connect all of your speakers, peripherals, TV, etc and connect the mic. This mic configures your receiver based on the placement of your speakers.

The sound quality from this receiver is superb. At this price point there is nothing with comparable features that sounds the same.

Page: 1 | 2