Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Megan L. Whisenant > Reviews

Browse

Megan L. Whisenant's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Megan L. Whisenant "Mags" RSS Feed (Kansas City, MO, USA)

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You
by The Oatmeal
Price: $8.95
257 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A true life-saver!, October 12, 2012
This book saved my life!

How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You gave me the information I needed to find out that my cat was, in fact, plotting to kill me! This realization happened none to soon as well, as there was an ambush attack from the three of them not seconds after reading. Thankfully through the other parts of the book outlying the interests of cat-assassins, I was able to distract them and get away.

In all seriousness, this is the best book published in the history of publishing. I considered eating it with sriracha to gain its awesomeness, but have instead opted to put it on my bookshelf for later reference. It could come in handy for later attacks, after all, and it makes a great showpiece with my Wookie Jesus print.

Thanks, Oatmeal!

Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth MacFarlane proves his range, November 24, 2011
Music is greater than words, Seth MacFarlane's debut album, has shown the world what fans of Family Guy and American Dad have known for years. Not only is Mr. MacFarlane a comedy genius and one of the youngest executive producers in television history, he also has one hell of a voice.

Fans of Family Guy not aware of Mr. MacFarlane's musical pedigree may be surprised by the content of this album. Gone are the poop jokes and not-so-subtle puns of Peter Griffin, giving way to standard songbook hits and classical musical fare. Duets with the brilliant vocal talents of Norah Jones and Sarah Bareilles accentuate the undertones of Mr. MacFarlane's deep baratone voice.

The Sadder But Wiser Girl, from classic musical The Music Man, shows the humor and the fun Mr. MacFarlane finds in the musical arts. In a song made famous in theatre-nerd culture by Robert Preston and for which he won a Tony in 1958, the big band styling and whimsical lyrics show the power of MacFarlane's vocal range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth MacFarlane proves his range, October 26, 2011

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2011 5:01 PM PST

Belkin 15-Inch Messenger Bag (Dove/Peony)
Belkin 15-Inch Messenger Bag (Dove/Peony)

4.0 out of 5 stars Light as a feather, could use more shoulder padding., May 16, 2008
As a bigger girl, I was worried about buying a cross body messenger bag, but I'm glad I bought this one. It's light weight, and I loved having it compared to my old Targus bag when I traveled to Toronto in April. My only concern is that there isn't enough padding on the shoulder and it gets very sore on the shoulder after a while. But, I would recommend it to anyone that wants a fashionable laptop bag to carry around!

(PS: I have a macbook, so it's not a really heavy laptop in the first place. I wish I could review it from the POV of someone with one of those horribly bulky PC laptops, but I've never had to carry one.)

Eat This, Not That! Thousands of Simple Food Swaps that Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds--or More!
by David Zinczenko
720 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great resource for REAL people that like REAL food!, May 16, 2008
I'll admit it, I'm a bigger girl. I like my greasy americanized fast food and frozen throw in the microwave meals. I collect cookbooks that I never use, but eat pizza and subway like theres no tomorrow. Thats why I love this book. When I saw David Zinczenko on the Today show the week the book came out, and saw that the "healthy" turkey burger I always buy at Ruby Tuesdays is actually worse for me than a STEAK, I was floored. I bought the book before the end of the segment that morning and haven't regretted it for a moment since.

I've since purchased copies for my Mother, best friend, and Aunt. They love it as much as I do, and we all keep it near for occasions when we're going out to eat. My only problem with it is I WISH they'd make a smaller pocket reference to keep in my purse!

BUY THIS BOOK! You'll be glad you did.

Macally PS-AC4 AC Power Adapter for Apple G4
Macally PS-AC4 AC Power Adapter for Apple G4
Price: $44.15
22 used & new from $10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Dead after 8 months..., December 6, 2006
I loved this AC adapter. I actually thought that I'd found an adapter that would prevent my laptop from getting so darned hot and running the fan constantly... and I did!... for a while.

Unfortunately, after 8 months, it has started making extremely noisy popping noises, and when I pull it from the laptop, it starts sparking! I'm worried to use it now believing it may very well be a fire hazard.

As much as I like it, I'm afraid I'll start looking again for a suitable replacement.

Veronica Mars: Season 1
Veronica Mars: Season 1
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Offered by Anchor*Media
Price: $18.14
27 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The best teen drama (for adults too) this season, October 7, 2005
This review is from: Veronica Mars: Season 1 (DVD)
This review may sound a bit harsh on another teen drama, however I'm a huge fan of both shows.

The first season of Veronica Mars is what the second season of the OC wanted to be. There is drama, romance, suspense, intrigue, and plot twists - the final episode caught me off guard, and I am never surprised at TV endings being a trained screenwriter myself. If you're looking for a new guilty pleasure, or a show that parents and teens (no younger children, but teens should be OK) can watch together and understand at their respective levels, this one is it.

I won't go into the plot as that as been covered extensively, however I will go into the use of foreshadowing. The writers of Veronica Mars, who all deserve emmys for this, have used the art of foreshadowing in a completely new way for teen drama. They have used subtle and dramatic foreshadowing to lead the viewer in several different directions with regard to the lily kane murder, allowing each viewer to feel they know exactly what happened before Veronica figures it out. Of course, the viewer is wrong and could never figure out a mystery before Veronica does, but it really adds to the experience of the show. You, like the students of Neptune High, get to experience the "zig when you should zag" feeling of not getting to the punch before the great Veronica Mars.

The Lily Kane murder mystery ending is something that I hope no one has given away in reviews yet, as it's best experienced by watching the entire season to lead up to the ending. If you do this, you'll never know what hit you.

I would rate this a 10 if I could, and all other OC fans who think the OC is the best show on television - take a look at the OTHER rich kid high school drama out there. ;)