Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for ScottG > Reviews

Browse

ScottG's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ScottG RSS Feed

Panaracer RiBMo PT Tire with Folding Bead, 26 x 1.25-Inch
Panaracer RiBMo PT Tire with Folding Bead, 26 x 1.25-Inch
Offered by Discountbicycle603
Price: $39.99
12 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to ride on, and quick enough to keep up with the road bikes, May 19, 2016
Great tires, a good compromise between speed and durability. I had Panaracer Pasela tires before I bought these, which felt quicker and lighter- but any increase in speed was lost in the extra time it took me to repair flats, or walk home. These are on my commuting bike, almost always ridden on pavement, a mix of urban and suburban riding. I have had two flats in the two years they have been on the bike- one was probably my fault, a pinch flat as I hit a pothole at a bit of speed, with loaded panniers on the back, and possibly not enough air in the tire, and the other was a shard of steel that managed to get through the casing. I dig bits of glass out of the rubber every now and then, but mostly the glass just gets ground to dust. I am getting to the stage where the tires do need to be replaced, but they have certainly done close to 4000 miles, so not bad at all.

Season 1
Season 1
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, December 25, 2014
This review is from: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Seriously funny. Brilliant.
The only problem is that there is only one season.

Panaracer Pasela TG Tire with Wire Bead, 26 x 1.25-Inch
Panaracer Pasela TG Tire with Wire Bead, 26 x 1.25-Inch

2.0 out of 5 stars Too flimsy., February 16, 2013
First, the good. These tires are fantastically fast, and give a comfortable ride even though they run at reasonably high pressure. Also, they reduced the wear and tear on my bike as I spent a lot more time walking.

I commute on my bike every day- always the same route, a mixture of suburban and urban bike paths. For 18 months I had Ritchey Tom Slick and Kenda slick tires, without a single flat. In the first week with these Panaracers, I had two flats. Two weeks later I destroyed the front tire- a twig went through the side wall. Could be just bad luck, but my experience makes me think that these may be more suited to plain road riding rather than bike paths.

ALPS Mountaineering Red Rock 2050 Cubic Inches External Pack (Rust)
ALPS Mountaineering Red Rock 2050 Cubic Inches External Pack (Rust)
Price: $58.04
29 used & new from $58.04

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, adjustable lightweight frame pack., February 16, 2013
An excellent pack- I wanted the flexibility of a frame pack, it had to be a lightweight pack suitable for an 11 year old, but a pack that would also serve an adult as a light pack for extended day hikes or short camping trips. This ticked all the boxes. The pack appears to be very well constructed, and is adjustable enough to be used comfortably by both adult and child. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Aztec PTFE Coated Mountain Bike Brake Cable Inner Wire
Aztec PTFE Coated Mountain Bike Brake Cable Inner Wire
Offered by excelcycle
Price: $7.19
6 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the job., February 13, 2013
What can I say- I checked reviews for a number of different brake cables, decided that I wanted PTFE coating, but didn't want to pay a fortune. This cable fit the bill, and appear to be good quality. I have been using it for about four months. No sign of stretching, just seem to be excellent cables that do what they are supposed to, and at a reasonable price.

Update: 11 months later, the first cable that I had installed snapped, without warning. Less than one year of use is not good enough.

Highland (9414700) Fat Strap Bungee Cord Assortment - 7 Piece
Highland (9414700) Fat Strap Bungee Cord Assortment - 7 Piece
Price: $21.09
2 used & new from $9.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Utilitarian, but heavy duty., February 13, 2013
I bought these straps for fastening equipment to my frame back pack- they have worked perfectly- a bit heavier than I expected, but hopefully that means that they are heavy duty.

LITTLE RIDER 200 Childs Seat Black
LITTLE RIDER 200 Childs Seat Black
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $15.50
15 used & new from $9.32

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent saddle., February 13, 2013
Frankly, I was not expecting this saddle to be as good as it is. I don't know how long wearing it will be, but given the look of it, I would expect it to outlast the bike that I put it on. The rider also claims that it is comfortable- what more could I ask for?

Aztec Aztec2 Bicycle Brake Pads (Threaded)
Aztec Aztec2 Bicycle Brake Pads (Threaded)
Price: $10.09
6 used & new from $7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good brake pads, but short-lived., February 13, 2013
These brake pads suit my needs- they work in wet and dry, they are quiet, and they are controlled- the pads they replaced caused the brakes to be either off or the wheel to be locked, these are definitely more gradual. With the upsides, especially the performance in wet conditions, the downside is inevitable- the wear is very rapid. My blocks needed replacing after four months, or about 800 miles, of urban/suburban commuting. However, as I say, the braking performance is great; even given the rapid wear, I am replacing them with exactly the same blocks.

Edit- in the instructions, in bold, it says "IMPORTANT: Replace pads when grooves are worn flush" It really is important- I kept riding for another month or so, and did end up with the metal backing from the pads against my rims. This isn't anything that is wrong with the brake pads, just a PSA.....

JVC GZ-HM300 Dual Slot High Definition Camcorder
JVC GZ-HM300 Dual Slot High Definition Camcorder
Offered by Moditional Products, LLC.
Price: $155.79
28 used & new from $140.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Low light, September 4, 2010
Just a point that I noticed while researching cameras- although the product description mentions the "Super LoLux with Back-illuminated CMOS Sensor" this particular camera does not have this sensor. The "big brother" does, and then this is listed under the advantages: http://www.amazon.com/JVC-GZ-HM550-High-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B0032FPYHY.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2011 11:22 AM PDT