Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Nicole Quinn > Reviews

Browse

Nicole Quinn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicole Quinn "rednikki" RSS Feed (Monterey, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Futuro Night Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support, Adjustable
Futuro Night Plantar Fasciitis Sleep Support, Adjustable
Price: $19.93
34 used & new from $19.93

3.0 out of 5 stars All good but the chafing..., August 16, 2015
This helps with my plantar fasciitis, but something about the strap digs into the ball of my foot and chafes. Wearing a sock underneath doesn't help. You know that feeling in your hands when you carry heavy plastic grocery bags by the handle? My foot feels like that and it lasts for several days. It's very frustrating and I wish there was a way to fix it.

Love Unlocked
Love Unlocked
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, twisty and sexy!, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Love Unlocked (Kindle Edition)
What a delightful read! Two compelling lead characters, a story with a number of twists that caught me by surprise, plus some excellent steamy scenes all combined to make this a fun thriller-romance.

Eve Caplin is a woman with a very expensive art collection and a nefarious past; she's now moved to sleepy coastal Central California to try to get away from that past and make a new future for herself. (For those who enjoy heist TV: think of a genderflipped Neil Caffrey from White Collar and you've got the picture.)

Through a turn of events she meets Hudson Cleary, famous (and devastatingly handsome) painter. Hudson hasn't painted in two years, and he's dealing with his own past.

Eve is a super-capable woman who doesn't melt into a puddle of goo in a crisis, but she's also believably conflicted and somewhat brittle due to her hard life.

Hudson at first seems too good to be true - is there anyplace the man DOESN'T volunteer at? - but as the story rolls on, we learn there's a reason for it. He's got a gentle, quiet strength that doesn't require him to be dominating. He lets Eve take the lead when it's her area of expertise, but he can step up when it's needed. And boy, does he ever step up.

Side note, the sex scenes. Oh, wow, the sex scenes. Let's just leave it at that...oh wow!

The caper-thriller story is just as solid as the romance, and both the main characters and the community they live in are well drawn and believable. I stayed up late reading this novel because I had to find out what happened next, but at the same time I didn't want it to end!

Bent Objects: The Secret Life of Everyday Things
Bent Objects: The Secret Life of Everyday Things
by Terry Border
Price: $15.33
97 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted and hilarious, January 14, 2010
Every photo in this book is hilarious and a little twisted. I tend to anthropomorphize objects, so the photos especially speak to me. I can imagine one of the lemons in my citrus bowl secretly ordering a ReaLemon to keep it company behind closed doors...

Night Echoes (Signet Eclipse)
Night Echoes (Signet Eclipse)
by Holly Lisle
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, February 2, 2009
This is the first book I've read straight through in one sitting in a decade. If that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is!

Dark Horse Deluxe Stationery Exotique: Shag's Tiki
Dark Horse Deluxe Stationery Exotique: Shag's Tiki
by Shag
Edition: Misc. Supplies
3 used & new from $4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Too funky!, September 3, 2005
I love this stationery. Everyone who got a letter written with it raved about how cool it was. I just wish that there were a few more sheets of paper, or a few less envelopes (I prefer a ratio of 2 sheets to 1 envelope, not that you can find that these days).

Mixed Signals (Black Lace)
Mixed Signals (Black Lace)
by Anna Clare
8 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars An example of everything good about modern erotic writing, October 31, 2004
Anna Clare's erotic novel Mixed Signals is one of the best examples of the genre. It's got an engaging plot, witty insights into the human condition, and - oh yeah - it's packed cover-to-cover with creatively hot sex scenes, several of which are essential to the plot.

Clare creates fun, three-dimensional characters that are easy to identify with. Every character in the book is flawed, some more deeply than others, but it is in part their flaws that make them so engaging. Every character has acerbic commentary on life and each other, and their entertaining cynicism makes this a fun read.

And the sex..."sizzling" is the best way to describe it. None of it feels out of place, and every scene is creative. Sometimes the characters are sweaty, sometimes they have morning breath, but the reality factor makes it even more hot.

Dark Places: A Novel
Dark Places: A Novel
by Jon Evans
41 used & new from $0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Capturing the life of so many of those hovering around 30., August 22, 2004
This review is from: Dark Places: A Novel (Paperback)
The book is about a backpacker who finds a dead body on a trail in Nepal, which has been mutilated in the same way his girlfriend was in Cameroon two years previously. Our hero sets out to find the killer. The book's about much more than that, however. It's about recovering from the death of a loved one. It's about backpacking, and travelling around the world, and needing to do so to the point where you only take jobs that will give you months of leave. It's about the bursting of the Internet bubble. It's about the concept of tribe, a chosen family that is your support network no matter how far away they are. It's about using the Internet to find people and track them down. And, yeah, there's a cool mystery in there, too. Evans captures the feeling of being on the edge of 30, and unwilling to buy into the two-kids-and-a-dog suburban lifestyle.

Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 10)
Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, Book 10)
by Laurell K. Hamilton
Price: $7.48
251 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars She's jumped the shark., August 1, 2003
I was so sad to plow my way through Narcissus in Chains. I started the Anita Blake books at the beginning of this summer as a respite from school and work. In the beginning, while the books had some issues (won't some editor fix her grammar errors? Please?) the plot stormed along. Every chapter ended in a way that forced me to start the next one. Things started to go downhill a couple of books ago, though, and with this one, LKH really jumps the shark.
I get the sense that LKH bases the men in the books on men she's actually been involved with. How else to explain the devolution of Richard? It feels like she stopped dating whoever he was based on in real life and decided to take it out on the character, which is a shame.
The plot in this book is Pap smear thin. I say Pap smear thin because Anita's gonna need one after all the sex she has in the book. Since Anita has morals that won't allow her to sleep with just anyone, LKH has put her under a curse that will force her to sleep with just anyone. If she'd just go ahead and do it, the book would probably have been 100 pages shorter, but every sex scene (and there are many) is prefaced with many pages of, "Oh, no, I mustn't, I'm too choosy, I don't do this sort of thing!" Yeah, pull the other one, Anita.
Somewhere in the midst of all the sex, Anita suddenly remembers: "hey, wait! There's a *mystery* going on! And people are trying to *kill* me! Maybe I oughta do something about that." Of course, this is just an excuse to give her Yet Another Strange Power. I like sex in my books more than most people, but I like my sex WITH PLOT. LKH should pick up some books by Laura Antoniou to get tips on how to write a good erotic novel.
I liked Anita better several books ago. She started to lose her path with Blue Moon, and I can't see myself buying another book in the series.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2007 11:05 PM PDT

Conjure One
Conjure One
21 used & new from $5.24

2.0 out of 5 stars Far too bland and easy-listening for my tastes, June 5, 2003
This review is from: Conjure One (Audio CD)
I'm normally quite a fan of Front Line Assembly side projects. However, Conjure One, despite all the glowing recommendations, left me cold. I've given it several listens, and it never seems to catch my ear. To me, it is terribly bland, like watered-down Delerium. So, I guess I'd recommend this to people who feel that Delerium's a little too rough for them, and go back to listening to my old Will CDs (yes, another FLA side project).

Advertising in America: The First Two Hundred Years
Advertising in America: The First Two Hundred Years
by Charles A. Goodrum
168 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough and fascinating history of American advertising, February 18, 1999
Goodrum and Dalrymple detail, through text and pictures, the evolution of American advertising in a fascinating and easy-to-read way. Plus the pictures are very eye-catching. I just wish they'd kept the chapter on bad advertising.

Page: 1 | 2