Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for Some Dude > Reviews

Browse

Some Dude's Profile

Customer Reviews: 140

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Some Dude RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Logitech M310 910-001675 Wireless Mouse (Silver)
Logitech M310 910-001675 Wireless Mouse (Silver)
Offered by FuelCell
Price: $16.35
97 used & new from $6.43

1.0 out of 5 stars The middle button dies after a few months of use, April 28, 2016
Great mouse in every way, but the middle button dies after a few months of use. This has now happened on 4 of my Logitech mice. If you do a search you will see that this is apparently a very common issue, and it's due to bad hardware on Logitech's part.

Logitech: I would rather pay $2 more for the mouse and have quality hardware inside it than throw away mice every few months. I've decided I will no longer purchase Logitech mice due to this issue.

OPT7 Aura Smart-Color LED Strip Interior Lighting Kit (4 Items)
OPT7 Aura Smart-Color LED Strip Interior Lighting Kit (4 Items)
Offered by OPT7 Lighting®
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $44.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Great, except for one fatal flaw, April 10, 2016
After tearing apart my dash and getting this installed properly, I found out that the lights will randomly change modes during driving. Sometimes the color will change; sometimes it will go into flashing mode. This happened first when I was driving on the highway at night, and it was incredibly distracting. On average, the lights will change color/mode about 2-3 minutes after I start driving.

I want to return this for a refund, however it's not worth the time it will take to tear apart the dashboard again and harvest all the pieces. Based on other reviews, this seems to be a very common problem with these. Frustrated.

Idahoan Real Mashed Gable Carton, Premium, 52 Ounce
Idahoan Real Mashed Gable Carton, Premium, 52 Ounce
Price: $12.72
9 used & new from $10.53

2.0 out of 5 stars Hoped it would be good, April 9, 2016
Consistency and texture were OK, but there was a distinct "funk" in the flavor. Subtle, but off-putting enough where I threw most of it away.

Cheddar Cheese Powder (1.5lb) by Anthony's, Certified Gluten-Free, No Artificial Colors
Offered by Anthony's Goods
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique, Not bad, April 5, 2016
This is a different beast than the other cheese powders I've tried (5 or so). It doesn't have trans fats and is all natural, which is the primary reason I bought it. The powder is fine... very fine, and liable to create a dust storm if you aren't careful. It also has a unique texture when it's in powder form.

To make mac & cheese, I added the amount of butter and water/milk that I usually would to other cheese powders, and this powder absorbed all of it and got really clumpy. I ended up needing to add water, stir, repeat, until it it was a sauce consistency. Once there though, it really has a nice thickness to it that other cheese powders lack. (There may be "instructions" on the label but I didn't follow them. :P)

As far as the flavor goes, it's about what I would expect real cheese powder to taste like if I weren't already biased by the agent orange that comes with off-the-shelf mac-n-cheese. It's not the strongest cheese flavor, but it's not weak either. It can probably get supplemented with a little sharp cheddar or bleu cheese to get more of a funk to it.

1/4 Inch Guitar Effects Pedal Coupler Connector (5 Pack) by Creanoso - Premium Quality - Guitar Pedal Board Accessories
Offered by CREANOSO
Price: $16.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality Issues!!!, March 30, 2016
I don't normally (ever?) give 1 star in my Amazon reviews, because maybe I don't normally get 1-star products.

On the surface, everything looks and behaves OK, however, after using these to connect two stereo stompboxes, I found that somewhere in my chain, I was losing the left channel. After poking around, I found that one of these had basically come completely uncoupled, where the tip is now lodged into one of my $120 pedals, making it mostly useless. I'm attempting to use superglue to reconnect the stem of the plug into the jammed peg, but my attempts so far have been unsuccessful.

Point being, they may work 99% of the time, but in my case, it failed in a major way.

Grey Heavens
Grey Heavens
Price: $12.49
21 used & new from $11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Metal, March 2, 2016
This review is from: Grey Heavens (Audio CD)
From my initial listen, this seems higher-energy than their previous releases. It's very well-produced, and I love the synth mixed with the metal. (Scar Symmetry also does this really well.) This one is going in my car, and getting cranked. ;)

Inside the sound
Inside the sound
Price: $8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Ananda Shake Rules, March 2, 2016
This review is from: Inside the sound (MP3 Music)
This is high quality trance. Catchy and never boring. Check out "The World is Yours" too.

Boss FV-30L Foot Volume Low-Z
Boss FV-30L Foot Volume Low-Z
Offered by Drum Warehouse
Price: $99.00
21 used & new from $99.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 3, 2016
Pros:

- Solid pedal, made of metal
- It has a good foot-feel
- Stereo / dual channel
- No power required

Cons:
- Volume taper isn't the greatest.

So, I understand that based on the impedance value of the pedal, it is intended to modulate an "active" signal, such as a keyboard or after a guitar pedal chain. (The other version is supposed to be for a direct, passive signal such as a guitar with no pedals in front of it.) I have several Boss pedals (which are buffered) before this volume pedal, yet the volume is 0 until the pedal is about 1/3 of the way engaged. After that, the last 2/3 has an OK taper. It would be nice if there was some type of adjuster knob built into the pedal that would allow you to modify the point at where the pedal engages, given that all signals are never going to be exactly the same. It would be perfect then.

Ernie Ball 6181 Junior Size Volume Pedal-Mono, 25K VPJR
Ernie Ball 6181 Junior Size Volume Pedal-Mono, 25K VPJR
Price: $65.94
81 used & new from $63.94

4.0 out of 5 stars It depends on what your goal is, January 20, 2016
3.5 stars is what I would give it, so I rounded up.

Cons:
- It's long. 10" plus the cords coming out of the top, so you need to have pedal space. My board is pretty tight, so that part sucks. (On the bright side, it's thinner than a Morley). Using right-angled cord plugs seems to be tolerable.
- The guts are totally open to the outside. There are metal pieces and cloth strings exposed. If you're careful with it, that probably won't matter, but it's the only volume pedal I've seen with this particular issue.

Pros:
- I'm using this between my 8th and 9th pedal, so there is signal modification between my guitar and the pedal, but the volume is definitely audible at slightly-above-bottom position, which is more than I can say for the Morley (which I believe was 250k). The "volume swell" may not be good enough for ambient players, but it's the best I've seen so far, at least with my setup, which is why I call it a "pro".
- The pedal length is a con, but it's also a pro, because almost your whole foot makes contact with all of the pedal, which gives you greater control.
- It feels good under your feet, and seems to stick in place wherever you put it within the volume spectrum.

For the price, it's good. I'd be interested in checking out some $200+ volume pedals, but it just kills me to pay that much for a volume pedal! Are volume pedals really that difficult to make flexible?

Line 6 Spider IV 15 15-watt 1x8 Modeling Guitar Amplifier
Line 6 Spider IV 15 15-watt 1x8 Modeling Guitar Amplifier
Price: $99.99
23 used & new from $82.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Loud and decent, January 4, 2016
I have a friend who had an issue with a $600 amp he bought from Line6 over 10 years ago... Basically it totally failed, right after (like days after) the warranty expired. I took the amp apart and there was an IC that was blown. Since the amp was expensive, I ordered a replacement IC and attempted to solder it on. It didn't work (but I'm an amateur at that stuff). Point being, my experience with Line6 isn't that great.

But, I decided to purchase this based on the mostly good reviews, and that it was only $100. I've only had it for roughly a week, and I've used it about 10 times, for a few hours each. I'm mostly only interested in the clean sound of the amp, because I have pedals for the rest. And for the clean sound, it works great. My gripes with it are this:

- The knobs are digital, and you can feel it.
- It seems biased towards producing an unusually loud sound at relatively low volume on the dial. (I get why they are doing that, but don't try to be a 150 watt amp when you are a 15 watt one.)
- The amp sims return to their previous settings when you change amp settings with the buttons. That could also be a positive, but it took me awhile to figure out that I could adjust the volume and knob levels, hold the button in, and save the setting.

For $100, this is a great practice amp, better than my Crate that I bought 10 years ago for $150.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14