Profile for Jodie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jodie "Yoda" RSS Feed (Melbourne, Australia)

American Hustle (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD with UltraViolet)
American Hustle (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD with UltraViolet)
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by BLgroupliquidations
Price: $16.99
62 used & new from $3.98

1.0 out of 5 stars What a mess., March 6, 2014
Probably like most I went into this picture expecting to see something worthy of being nominated for a best picture Oscar.

Boy was I disappointed, the movie is just a mess, it started slowly as a drama, then it looked like it was going to get really good, I was thinking, wow it maybe this generations "Goodfellas" but the story just fell flat, genre jumping insued on multiple occasions, leaving you with the question, what am I watching, a drama? a gangster flim? or worse still a bad comedy?

Every actor bar Jeremy Renner has overreacted, making it seem as though the director had no control over the film or that this film had in fact been directed by two directors wanting to go in different directions. The most cringe worthy moment being stolen by Jennifer Lawrence with her absolutely atrocious rendition of "Live and Let Die". There was quite literally laughing in the cinema at how poor. If I hadn't been with other people, I would definitely walked out this film.

Don't be hustled, like majority of the reviewers, this is terrible.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 6:12 PM PDT

The Las Vegas Story
The Las Vegas Story
Price: $10.99
28 used & new from $6.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Gather your Guns, January 16, 2006
This review is from: The Las Vegas Story (Audio CD)
This is the Las Vegas Story.

A perfectly balanced album of blues/country alt rock, one of the best albums released by the Gun Club featuring the beautiful vocals of the late Jeffrey Lee Pierce, and Kid Congo Powers (The Cramps, Nick Cave & Bad Seeds).

This album rocks the whole way through, it's something that you can really let you're hair down too (even though I don't have any), the first song here is Walkin' With The Beast which is fuelled with guitars, it gives you the general feeling of the entire album, and finishes with the country flavours of Secret Fires which is a fitting finale and shows some roots to their music.

The album reaches it's pinnacle with The Master Plan & My Man's Gone which suits the title of this album to a tea, incredibly loungy something you would expect to hear at 5am, after a bender, walking through a casino lounge to go home.

But I suppose that was the intended effect.

Meat Puppets II
Meat Puppets II
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $23.96
34 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Meat Puppets II, a classic., January 16, 2006
This review is from: Meat Puppets II (Audio CD)
What can be said about this album?

This is one of those albums that re-invigorates your faith/enthusiasm in music (those who listen to a lot of albums know what I mean).

Some tracks from here were most famously covered by Nirvana on their unplugged album, although pained I don't think Cobain quite got the feel that Kirkwood gives to these songs.

It has a perfect blend of songs that make you want to almost hoe-down and those that you can just reflect on and chill out.

Particular stand outs on this album are Split Myself In Two, Magic Toy Missing, Aurora Borealis and The Whistling Song.

This album does take some growing as Kirkwood's voice is abrasive, but this is an album that will truly make you love music.

Do try it, you won't be disappointed.

Goat
Goat
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $23.37
25 used & new from $2.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest Band Ever, November 7, 2005
This review is from: Goat (Audio CD)
Let's get one thing straight, I never put a review down for anyone.

But this is how much I love this band, I had almost lost my faith in rock n' roll until one day I picked up this album on a whim.

My God, my mind was officially blown, this is what rock is meant to sound like, why, I ask did these guys not have a major career in the 90's ie. Nirvana.

Like all good albums there's not one or two good songs, the whole thing is top notch.

David Yow spitting his lyrics into the mic, big fat bass riffs, what can I say they're the band you're big brother should have got you into(like Iggy), you know secretly sliding that album onto you're pillow while you're at school. (sadly that didn't happen for me).

But at least I found this album, sorry this band, do anything, buy anything, well almost anything. I highly recommend Goat, Head/Pure, Show, Liar, Down, and Shot if you really like them.

Coolest band ever.