Profile for Noname > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Noname RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
AquaShield Small Half Leg L20
AquaShield Small Half Leg L20
Offered by IthacaSports
Price: $23.74
4 used & new from $20.00

3.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE: Not Durable, February 14, 2015
My daughter broke her foot. They put her in a cast up to below her knee that I have to somehow keep dry. All the reviews on different brands always has someone saying they leak, so I took a chance on AquaShield.

To find the size, I went to the company's website. The circumference of her leg above the cast is 11 inches and the length of the cast is 17 inches. That was about right for the L20 small half leg.

What I got was a large bag that looks like a clear Christmas stocking with a small opening up top. It didn't appear like anything would fit into that hole, but the material stretches. They say to pull the corners to get the leg in. Once we inserted the foot, that's exactly how we got it on. It's not as hard as I thought it would be.

I was worried daughter might fall but there are some strips on the bottom to help with traction. She survived the shower without slipping and not a drop of water seeped through. I'm impressed. My husband wants me to buy another one just in case this one rips, but it looks durable. I don't think that's going to happen.

________________

UPDATE 2/16/15: I like the waterproof part, but it's not very durable after all. Good thing my husband told me to buy a second one. The first one developed a small hole after only two uses. When it comes to water, a hole is a hole. He was right. I was wrong. I plan to have my daughter wear a giant sock right over her cast to see if that helps prevent another hole. After all, I think it's the rough cast that wore through it. If that doesn't work, I will have to think of an alternative. We can't keep buying these things. The money adds up!

Stacy's Classic Cocoa 7.33 oz (Pack Of 15)
Stacy's Classic Cocoa 7.33 oz (Pack Of 15)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum, February 13, 2015
My son is an incredible fan of Stacy's Pita Chips, Simply Naked. When I brought home the Classic Cocoa version, he wasn't so sure. I asked him to try it. After all, the bag said "limited time only." We can't pass that up. He did, and he immediately proclaimed, "It's good! It tastes like brownie brittle!" Not one to resist temptation, especially one that tastes like brownie brittle, I took a bite. Oh my, crispy chocolate all the way. Not too sweet. Not good for my diet, either, but some things are worth the Calories.

Ipow 9 PCS Collapsible Silicone Measuring Cups &Spoon Set to Measure Dry and Liquid Ingredients For Kitchen Cooking Baking
Offered by Ipow Official
Price: $11.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Space Saver, February 12, 2015
Space is a premium in my kitchen, where anything collapsible earns extra credits. I love the measuring cups. They store flat, out of the way. When I need them, they pop open and I can wash them in the dishwasher afterwards. I'm glad the sizes aren't printed on but rather imprinted, so they don't wear off so easily. I only wish those imprints were easier to see. I have to turn the kitchen light on and squint, or maybe I can learn Braille. Don't get me wrong, I still love them (extra credits).

The spoons remind me of the toy spoons on a ring my kids played with as babies and toddlers. They are sturdy, thick, and brightly colored. We get all the standard sizes plus a 1 ml spoon, but boy those sizes are hard to read.

This product was provided for review by Ipow.

LolliZ Jungle Party Pack for 6
LolliZ Jungle Party Pack for 6
Offered by Innovative World
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $5.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Cute, February 12, 2015
We broke open this set for an informal celebration today. My daughter loved it so much, she made me save most of the set for a little sleepover she's having.

I have to say, the safari birthday pack is so cute. The colors pop. It looks better in person than on Amazon. I can feel the quality in the materials, but everything is on the small side. The plates look like sturdy cake plates. The cups are the size of little juice cups.

The tablecloth is rectangular and will fit a small table. Note that the size listed on Amazon is incorrect. It's 54" x 72". I measured it myself.

This product was provided for review by Culina.

Osgar 10.1 inch Quad Core Tablet PC, Google Android 4.4 KitKat OS, Allwinner A33 Cortex A7 CPU up to 1.5Ghz, 512MB RAM, 8GB ROM, 1024*600 HD Multi-Touch Screen, Dual Camera, Wifi
Offered by Omgar
Price: $169.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Passed the Drop Test, February 12, 2015
Length:: 0:57 Mins

I'm a casual tablet user. I like to read, browse the web, and check email. Sometimes, I'll even watch YouTube. While the resolution isn't the best, the Osgar tablet is completely usable. I'm not expecting Kindle quality resolution in a budget tablet.

CONSTRUCTION

The screen scratches easily and is not very oleophobic, as evidenced by the myriad of fingerprints decorating the surface. I recommend a screen protector.

I love the matte white back with stitching along the edges, as if it were a leather cover. People comment on it from afar, but what impressed me most is the tablet passed my drop test. Yes, it accidentally fell from about three feet off the ground onto pavement. The back separated a little from the screen, but I snapped it back together. Nothing broke. The screen did not crack, and the tablet still functions like it never knew anything happened.

PERFORMANCE

I feel some lagging surfing from page to page or opening my Kindle book. For whatever reason, my emails arrive later than they do on my other devices, even when I sync. I eventually get all my messages, though.

YouTube streams smoothly without hiccups. The Kindle reading app works fine once I've opened my book.

PROS:
+ survives drops
+ TF card slot
+ Wi-Fi
+ front and rear camera

CONS:
- no Bluetooth
- screen scratches and is a fingerprint magnet
- lags a little

OVERALL IMPRESSION

I don't do gaming. I'm not sure what kind of games it could handle. This is a budget tablet. If you're expecting an iPad, you'll be disappointed. If you're like me and just need it for reading, surfing and email, it's not a bad tablet at all.

This product was provided for review by Osgar.

CredDeal 9800mAh Built in Cable Ultra Slim Portable Charger External Battery Power Pack for Samsung Galaxy S5,S4,S3,iPhone 6,6 Plus,5S,5C,5,4S,iPad Air,mini,Note 3,HTC One,One 2(M8),Motorola
Offered by CDSelection
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Good for Kindle Fire, February 12, 2015
This power bank has a lot going for it. It sports rubberized exterior (read: no fingerprints). I never have to worry about forgetting my micro USB cable, because there's one stuck to it. The charging cable sits on the other side. If I use Lightning or mini USB cables or I have more devices, why there are two extra USB ports besides.

How many devices can I charge at once? The manual says two. I charged another power bank and a Lenovo phone together, which was no problem. I added a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" tablet. The tablet started discharging.

I unplugged everything and just tried charging the tablet. The icon on my Kindle showed charging, but the tablet kept discharging. I tried the other port. Still discharging. I tried three different cables. No change. Occasionally, it may start charging a little and then discharge again. Apparently, it did not want to charge the Kindle Fire.

Later in the day, I tried charging the Fire again. This time, it charged. I added my phone. It dropped from 0.6 amps to 0.2 amps. I unplugged the devices and started again. The Kindle charged at above 1 amp. One more time, I added the same phone as before. The Kindle port dropped to 0.6 amps. At least they are both charging now.

For 9800 mAh, I expect close to two full charges for my HTC On M8. I got one full charge and then 76%. Okay, so that needs a little work, as well.

Instructions say we have to unplug the devices as soon as they are fully charged or risk damage to our devices. I much prefer power banks that automatically turn off when done.

This product was provided for review by CDSelection.

Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Cream, 3.5 Ounce, (Pack of 3)
Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Cream, 3.5 Ounce, (Pack of 3)
Price: $14.37
8 used & new from $8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Just for Diaper Rash, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I worked on the dermatology floor, it seemed everyone went out the door with diaper rash cream. It's a great skin protectant. Need a moisture barrier? Zinc oxide (diaper rash cream). Ran out of sunscreen? Zinc oxide (diaper rash cream).

I tried out the diaper rash cream over the weekend. Both legs got smothered in it and I spent the day in the sun. Not a burn to speak of. It's a little on the sticky side, but so is regular sunscreen. I rubbed it in well enough that I did not look like a ghost. When I got wet, it's as if water slid right over it. It works. You don't need to be a baby to appreciate it.

Belkin Folio for Kindle Voyage, Purple
Belkin Folio for Kindle Voyage, Purple
Price: $29.99
23 used & new from $6.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Feels Cheap, February 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Belkin Folio fits my Voyage. I like magnetic closure and the way it opens like a book. For everyone who says they can't get their Voyage out, I had no trouble at all. Bend the cover back at the edges and the Voyage pops right out. The cover has no sleep/wake function, but I didn't expect that after skimming other customers' reviews.

What's wrong with it? It looks and feels so cheap, like I got it at the dollar store. If you don't want anyone to steal your Voyage, this is the cover to get.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2015 5:56 PM PST

Post-it 654-5UC You are purchasing the Min order quantity which is 24 PACKAGES
Post-it 654-5UC You are purchasing the Min order quantity which is 24 PACKAGES
Offered by recession prices
Price: $221.26
2 used & new from $221.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Separate Colors, February 11, 2015
I got a pack of Post-it Notes as a stocking stuffer. Who doesn't like Post-its? They stick everywhere and they come off without leaving a sticky mess. This set has five colors. It's 100 sheets of each color and they are all separate. We don't have to tear the block apart to get to the color we want. Nice.

SG Black Light UV Flashlight Urine Detector - Professional Quality Ultra Bright Stain Finder - 12 UV Blacklight LEDs in Aluminium Casing for Detecting Dry Pet Dog-Cat-Rodent Urine Stains on Carpet, Rugs, Curtains & Furniture Fabrics That are Otherwise Invisible to the Human Eye
Offered by Susan's Gadgets
Price: $19.98
2 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Finds Those Urine Stains, February 10, 2015
If you smell urine but don't know where it's coming from, this black light flashlight will help you find it. As evidenced by the myriad of invisible urine stains that showed up on my carpet when I turned on my handy dandy flashlight, it works. Flashlights beat those long black light fluorescent bulbs, because we don't have to be next to the ground. I can walk upright and still see stains.

Compared to my other black light flashlight, Susan's is only slightly dimmer, but it makes up for it with a padded case. My other flashlight did not come with a case.

This product was provided for review by Susan's Gadgets.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30