Profile for Noname > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Noname RSS Feed
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
ViewSonic VX2252MH 22-Inch LED-Lit LCD Monitor, Full HD 1080p, 2ms, 50M:1 DCR, Game Mode, HDMI/DVI/VGA, VESA
Price: Click here to see our price
61 used & new from $128.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Visuals, July 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a huge fan of ViewSonic monitors. This is my third one, and I have it set up in dual monitor mode with one of the older ones.

This is the first model I have that has an HDMI port. The improvement in crispness and clarity is apparent. I don't do gaming, but I do edit videos. My eyes appreciate the impressive resolution, which doesn't distort when viewed at an angle.

Audio is a problem. I can chalk up the HDMI audio to a driver issue, since I googled and found many other people with the same problem. Updating the video card driver and the Windows drivers and downloading drivers from the ViewSonic site did not help.

I temporarily went old school to see what would happen, and yes the speaker works. Music is much fuller out of my older ViewSonic monitor, though. From the VX2252MH, it just sounded canned. It's acceptable for work but not if I wanted to live and breathe music.

As I use this monitor, I normally have sound dialed all the way down or muted. Sound quality is not an issue for me. I am happy not to need another speaker just to hear alerts. Video is what I'm looking for, and it is wonderful for that.

PROS:
+ great resolution
+ HDMI port, DVI port, VGA port
+ speakers onboard
+ DVI, VGA, audio, power cables included (does not include HDMI cable)
+ VESA mountable

CONS:
- couldn't get HDMI audio to work (could be fault of my system)
- stand is not height adjustable (will tilt)
- music sounds "canned" compared to older ViewSonic model

BLISS - Portable and adjustable Tripod Mount Holder for iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4G/5 ,iPod Touch ,HTC ,Samsung ,BlackBerry-Black
Offered by JbsOptical
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Versatile Smartphone Tripod Mount, July 31, 2014
This smartphone tripod mount is a medium size phone mount for a tripod or monopod. I own one smaller and one larger. This one is the perfect in-between size, fitting both my iPhone 4S and my HTC One (with cases on) via a spring tension. Mounting is both easy and secure.

I use this gadget to attach my HTC One to a monopod in order to raise my phone above the crowd during my children's events. A Bluetooth shutter controller makes the set complete. After all, what good is the phone above the crowd if I can't reach the controls to take photos?

This is my favorite smartphone tripod mount because of its size and versatility. You may find others that need to be stuck on the phone with adhesive or will only fit one brand. This one fits most all phones, and it does its job well. I used it during the San Diego Comic Con. Lots of people there, big crowds. It came in handy.

This product was provided for review by JbsOptical.

BLISS - V2.0 Camera Extender Hand Held Monopod for Most Cameras
BLISS - V2.0 Camera Extender Hand Held Monopod for Most Cameras
Offered by JbsOptical
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Smart Phones, July 31, 2014
When I go watch my children on stage, I take photos with my smartphone. Usually, there are people in front of me. Who wants photos of the back of people's heads? Reaching up with the arms is less than ideal. I can't get high enough, or I have to block people's view. There's a solution to this: a monopod.

I have to pair it with a cell phone mount. There are a variety of styles, but I prefer the spring clamp design (e.g., BLISS - Portable and adjustable Tripod Mount Holder), which is more versatile than some other designs. They come in small, medium, and large sizes.

Indeed, I also need a Bluetooth shutter controller. My favorite so far is made by Kootek: Portta PETCC Bluetooth Wireless Remote Control Camera Shutter.

As far as monopods go, this one works as well as the others I own. It's small enough to fit in my purse. It's long enough to extend over any crowd. It will hold most any camera or camcorder, and it doesn't collapse until I make it collapse.

If I get bored, I can turn the camera around and take selfies. What's not to love?

This product was provided for review by JbsOptical.

Lightshare™ NEW 7Ft 200LED Pear Blossom Flower Tree Light,Clear Flower,White Light for Home Garden Decoration/Summer/Wedding/Birthday/Christmas/Holiday/Party Decoration
Offered by Ehome Inc.
Price: $115.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a Christmas Tree, July 31, 2014
Length:: 0:10 Mins

The Lightshare pear blossom tree light reminds me of the light up orchids also sold by Appearances International, except the tree is larger, prettier, with more flowers. I have the white flower tree. Everyone's first reaction was, "It's a Christmas tree!" but this Christmas tress is full of flowers.

Assembly was extremely simple. All the branches and lights come attached to the main trunk. We just have to fit the trunk together like we would a Christmas tree - just the trunk and the base and that's it. The flowers fall off as we take it out and manipulate, but they slip back on with ease.

Once up, bend the branches to the most pleasing shape. They are pliable wires that go any which way, but we are not to bend them more than five times, according to instructions. That means this tree will not last us more than a few years, if we bring them out each Christmas.

Stakes are included for securing outdoors, but I'm not sure how durable the tree is outside. I just leave it indoors to be safe.

At night, the room lights up and the tree really is a pretty sight to behold.

This product was provided for review by Appearances International.

Kotex Natural Balance* Lightdays Liners, Regular, Unscented, 135 Count
Kotex Natural Balance* Lightdays Liners, Regular, Unscented, 135 Count
Price: $5.64
15 used & new from $0.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Thicker Than Barely There, July 30, 2014
I made a mistake at the store. The "U by Kotex" was so big on the box, and there was nothing on the box that said "New Balance." I thought it was the wrapper-free version of U by Kotex Barely There Thin Liners, Unscented, 120 Count. Not at all. While Barely There is barely there, New Balance is thicker and most definitely there.

The adhesive covers the entire backside. There is no slippage, and the absorbency is very good. I can stay quite dry. It's soft and not scented. It's not bad at all, just not what I expected. Next time, I'll know to look for "Barely There."

VIVA OFFICE® New Arrival Mid-back Black Bonded Leather Comfortable Ergonomic Swivel Task Chair, Adjustable Computer Office Chair with extra padded seat, backrest and armrest - VIVA08835
Offered by E2E
Price: $149.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Assemble, Comfortable Chair, July 29, 2014
Length:: 1:02 Mins

You might say I've had a lot of experience putting together office chairs. The hardest part is usually the wheels, which was relatively easy for me here. The rest of the assembly was a cinch. If you can turn a screw with the included hex wrench, you can assemble the chair.

This Viva office chair has well-padded seat and seatback. Even the armrest was not forgotten. I love the cushy yet firm armrests. Lumbar support rides a little low for me. Given that I like to slouch so that my lumbar region is not in contact with the proper parts of the chair, I'm not sure how much lumbar support is supposed to help. When I sit up straight, it just doesn't quite hit me where I need it.

The chair can lock upright, or I can lounge in the reclining mode. Reclining is one step away from slouching. It's so comfortable that way. Even though it's a mid-back I don't ever want it upright.

The wheels roll better on carpet than they do on tile. They feel locked up on tile. On carpet, they perform about as well as my other office chair. I don't do a whole lot of rolling, though. I mostly sit in one spot.

There's a pneumatic lift to easily adjust to just the right height. I can go high enough so that only the balls of my feet touch the floor (I'm 5'5"), or I can go low enough that my thighs are parallel to the floor and my feet rest flat. For those who need to know: the top of the front seat edge rises from 16" to 20".

It's a nice chair - not too big, yet well-padded and comfortable. My husband has been eyeing it, said he's ready to change chairs.

This product was provided for review by Viva Office.

Poweradd™ TravelMate 17W/3.4A Dual-Port USB Wall Charger Adapter Portable Travel Charger for Apple, Android and other 5V USB-Charged Devices
Offered by PoweraddDirect
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Travel, July 29, 2014
As a travel charger, this USB wall charger is perfect. It's compact for storage. The prongs fold up so they don't rub holes in our luggage. There's no LED bulb to light up our hotel room at night.

I like the USB ports positioned on the back of the charger. That's so much better than on one of the sides. I can reach the ports without unplugging the charger from the outlet.

I've used this charger on two different trips and at home for my phones, power banks, and tablets. It works well. The only issue I have is it's so hard to see which port is 2.4 amps.

This product was provided for review by Poweradd.

Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count
Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Food Wrap Ever Invented, July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Glad Press `n Seal has always been my favorite food wrap. It clings better than anything else on the market. I can wrap the top of a bowl and stack another bowl on top without worrying about the seal giving way. Try that, Saran Wrap!

Press `n Seal is also ant-proof. I had a horrible problem with ants. They'd get into the bottles and jars, no matter how tightly I closed the lids. Enter Press `n Seal. Simply wrap the lid where it meets glass with Press `n Seal and no ant can breach that barrier.

Although the wrap is impressive, the last two boxes I've bought have been a disappointment. The wraps were fine, but the plastic ends that keep the wrap in the box fell off so that the roll wouldn't stay in the box. That's a problem. Trying to unwrap the wrap while holding the roll causes the wrap to cling to itself until I have a wad of Press `n Seal stuck on a hollow cardboard tube.

I just got a three-pack to test. Here be my chance for Press `n Seal to redeem itself . . . and it has. I've not yet had any problems with the plastic ends coming out. The rolls stay in the box and my wrap comes off neatly. Hooray! I'd have been so sad if that weren't the case.

Monopoly Electronic Banking
Monopoly Electronic Banking
Offered by My Hobby Place & Toys
Price: $29.90
50 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun With a Twist, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Monopoly Electronic Banking (Toy)
My son collects Monopoly games like nothing else. Of course, he had to have Electronic Banking. The properties here are just like in the original, except everything costs more, inflation and all. The pieces are really cute, totally different from the game of old: a cheeseburger, Rollerblade, jet, cell phone, skateboard, and racecar. Each player gets a debit card and all the cash is kept track of there. We have a little machine that looks like a calculator that we put the card into for every different type of transaction.

My son and I played a round today, which went well until there was a glitch and the machine stopped working. I might chalk it up to a glitch, because he'd been playing and it has never done this. We were able to reset the machine and it was running like normal again, but we had lost track of where we were and stopped the game.

I like not having paper bills flying all over the place. It's just cleaner, but we don't know where we stand. I kept having to ask my son how much money I had left. It was fun overall, though. I enjoyed it, maybe a little more than the original because of the fresh take and the cute game pieces. Minus one star because if the card machine glitches, the game ends.

NEW! Creative Sound Blaster Roar: Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with aptX/AAC. 5 Drivers, Built-in Subwoofer, Incredibly Powerful. Amazing Price of $149.99!
Offered by Creative Labs, Inc.
Price: $199.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound, Full of Features, July 27, 2014
ROAR/TERA BASS

Sound Blaster Roar is full of functionality. I don't think I own another Bluetooth speaker that can do more than this one can, but it's not just a gimmicky speaker. The sound lives up to Creative Labs expectations. Tera Bass throws in bass where I never knew it existed. Roar boosts music over the chatter of a crowd and fills the room. I love Roar. Music bounces off the walls. Fullness without hurt-my-ears loud. How'd they do that? It's a feast for my ears and they leave satisfied.

CHARGING

An AC adapter is provided, but the Sound Blaster Roar can also be charged via micro USB cable.

WIRELESS

I think my phone might be finicky, but this is one of the few devices where NFC actually works on my HTC One. Connection is so quick and easy, and I don't even have to worry about reconnection. It reconnects automatically. Of course, there is an option to use Bluetooth pairing, if you don't have NFC.

Bluetooth range is excellent, comparable to my best Bluetooth devices. I can go two rooms away and still have a great connection.

AS A POWER BANK

Yes, I can use this speaker to charge my devices. It's far too big to regularly use as a power bank. I'm not going to be carrying it around with me. Instead, I use it when I want to charge my phone while playing music. It fully charged my phone and still had power left for music.

MICRO SD CARD

I don't need a smartphone to use this speaker. I can use a micro SD card instead.

With the card, I can record music that's playing on the speaker, or I can turn the mic on and record myself speaking. Loop playback or shuffle the music are both options.

SLEEP FUNCTION

This function is only available if we use the micro SD card. We have a choice of 15 or 30 minutes and the music slowly fades out so we are not jolted out of sleep by the sudden quietness.

RECORD

To record, we need to insert a micro SD card. Record with either the microphone on or off, and play the result right back without needing to insert the card into the PC.

ALARM

The alarm sounds more like a fire truck saying "get out of my way," rather than a panic alarm screaming "save me!"

This isn't an alarm clock. It's just an alarm that sounds when we press a button. I'm not sure when I'd ever need it.

PHONE CALLS

Phone calls come through loud and clearly. There is a minor echo on the caller's end. My daughter thought it was louder than I did when we tested the speaker. We were able to hold a conversation without too much difficulty, though.

DRAWBACKS

The drawbacks have mainly to do with the controls. Only power, volume, NFC and telephone are available on top of the speaker. Everything else is on the back. If I want to boost the bass, I need to turn it around. If I need to advance the music, I need to turn it around. If I want to press the play button, I need to turn it around. If I want to reach the bass button, I need to turn it around.

Another problem is some functions are not intuitive. For instance, sleep mode requires we first set the speaker to loop the music and then press and hold the record play button until it beeps once (15 minutes) or twice (30 minutes). It also requires the use of a micro SD card. No card, no sleep.

And who knew that pressing the alarm button when the alarm switch is off will trigger the bass function? Alarm = bass?

OVERALL IMPRESSION

This is a hefty speaker about the size of a fat book that speaks to quality. Functionality is incomparable, sound does not disappoint; but controls are a little inconvenient and not entirely intuitive.

This product was provided for review by Creative Labs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20