Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Mary Salome > Reviews

Browse

Mary Salome's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary Salome RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA USA)

Joan: A novel of Joan of Arc
Joan: A novel of Joan of Arc
by Freeman Ng
Price: $12.95
21 used & new from $5.93

4.0 out of 5 stars I think it’s a beautiful book. This book grabbed me from the beginning, August 23, 2014
I didn’t know much about the life of Joan of Arc before reading this book. The author portrays her in a very believable and sympathetic way. Her faith in the God of her understanding and her own vision, her commitment despite incredible risks, others’ belief in her, her family’s fears on her behalf, her commitment when her experience of being guided had come unmoored — I found all of this very moving . I also appreciated the writer's sensitivity to the impact of gender in this portrayal of how a girl and then a young woman could have such an impact on a world at war.

Just as Joan is portrayed believably, so is what I call the mystery: the role of dreams, questions about destiny and choice, reasons that are outside our grasp, ultimate truth, and a divine perspective that can’t, in this worldview, be fully understood by humans on earth. Joan has guides along the way (who are primary characters in the story) but also makes her own choices. The book doesn’t try to solve the mystery, only presents it through the lives and questions of little girls and saints. I think it’s a beautiful book.

This book grabbed me from the beginning, and kept me reading. I would sit down telling myself I was going to read three or four short sections, and then look up twelve pages later realizing I’d become engrossed. I was, for many reasons, sorry when it ended.

Light Angel
Light Angel
Offered by Shop For Season
Price: $10.05
37 used & new from $5.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, January 17, 2014
I bought one of these at a local retail store to see if it would work to light my front gate near my mailbox. I didn't trust the peel & stick method outside on weathered wood, so hung it on a nail and didn't have any trouble with that. It comes on after dark when there's motion as advertised. The light is enough for reading the mail and brightening the entrance in winter. Anyway, it worked out so well that I bought 2 more here because I couldn't find it locally anymore. Very happy to have an inexpensive option for lighting the entrance. I have only used it outside.

The 12-Step Buddhist: Enhance Recovery from Any Addiction
The 12-Step Buddhist: Enhance Recovery from Any Addiction
by Darren Littlejohn
Price: $13.24
110 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grateful for this book, September 6, 2009
This is the first review I've ever written on Amazon, and I'm doing it because this book really helped me.

I had the opportunity to do a short workshop with Darren and decided based on that to buy his book. At the time I was really struggling with some old demons, and his approach to "aspects of self" helped me turn a corner and return to some semblance of serenity. I have found his style and tone to be both deep and accessible. It's clear he put a lot of love into this book. I can't say enough how happy I am that this book exists.

Sabbe satta sukhi hontu. For real.