Profile for P. B. Sharp > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 554

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. B. Sharp RSS Feed (NM)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gear Beast GearPole Plug and Play Extendable Selfie Stick Monopod with 3.5 mm Universal Adapter (Apple & Android with No Pairing Needed) and Adjustable Universal Smartphone Cradle for Devices with Screens up to 5.7 inches including Apple iPhone 6 Plus, Note 4 and Protective Cases such as Otterbox Defender and Commuter
Offered by Gear Beast
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High fives!, April 27, 2015
I have wanted a solution to taking self/group photos for quite some time and believe I have found the perfect solution to what is typically a frustrating task. I needed a product which would solve 2 major problems: 1. Press the shutter button, and 2. Extend the range from the camera to include more than myself and/or a group plus a nice background view.

I received the Gear Beast Universal Selfie Stick today and put it through its paces with my Samsung Galaxy S5. The phone is attached to the telescoping pole with a universal mounting bracket which grips the phone and is expandable to accommodate a wide range of phones. My phone is one of the widest available so I believe this will fit virtually any contemporary phone.

The lightweight telescoping pole extends up to 3 feet so you can customize the range depending on the needs of the shot. It also is somewhat compact at about 12 inches when collapsed. The swivel mount rotates in any direction enabling you to take pictures from every conceivable angle. The mount has a cord which plugs into the earphone jack of the phone to power the shutter button conveniently placed in the handle. Previously, my self-shots of me or my family were limited by my ability to contort my hand in order to tap the shutter key to take a picture while at the same time looking normal in the picture. Now, I just press the button on the handle to take a photo and I am rewarded with perfect shots every time.

This product shouldn’t be limited to selfish endeavors, however. I can imagine it will be perfect for photos at events where you can take shots above the crowd or around corners in dicey situations. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination and your photos will reflect a different level of sophistication.

This device worked perfectly out of the box, required no extra software, and is intuitive to set up. I am very pleased with it and I will bring this along on every outing. You no longer have to ask a stranger to take your picture and worry they will drop your $700 phone or run away with it!
-Matt Meyer

Kid-O Pour and Spin Submarine Set Toy
Kid-O Pour and Spin Submarine Set Toy
Price: $23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Much too expensive, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Kid-O Pour and Spin Submarine Set is really fun for my kids to play with. It's bigger than most bath toys, which they enjoy, so that means they can play with it in our pool here shortly. My only issue is the cost for this toy. Parents have never-ending costs for their kids - diapers, wipes, clothes, rash creams, daycare, and more. It shouldn't cost this much to give them a plastic toy to play with in the water. They'd just as easily play with a water bottle in the tub. I think the cost of this toy is unreasonable.
-Victoria Franks

Calvin Klein ETERNITY for Men AQUA Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Calvin Klein ETERNITY for Men AQUA Eau de Toilette, 1 fl. oz.
Price: $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice, manly aroma!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the Calvin Klein Eternity Aqua cologne as a gift from a friend. Not being a frequent wearer of cologne and being very picky as to scent when I do, I was extremely pleased with this product. I find the fragrance fresh and not overpowering. It seems to remain effective for quite some time also. I'm not familiar with the Calvin Klein line of fragrances, but this is a winner in my book. I highly recommend this particular fragrance to others. It smells so good, I'll probably have to chase the women away! LOL
- Roger Meyer

Samsung VU10H3021PR/AA VU3000 Lift and Clean Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Red
Samsung VU10H3021PR/AA VU3000 Lift and Clean Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, Red
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-cool vacuum!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received the Samsung Lift & Clean VU3000 vacuum today and immediately put it to work. This particular model appealed to me because of several features: Dust and allergen filtration, swivel steering, removable canister/wand combo, and the easy-to-remove dustbin.

The first thing I noticed was its weight, or lack of it. My previous vacuum was a Soil Demon (real name withheld) and was comparable in weight because it was a compact upright, or “lite” version. This Samsung Lift & Clean is a full-size vacuum and weighs a fraction of other comparable models. The removable canister and wand sheds the weight of the motorized brush when you need to clean out-of-reach places. With the Demon I had to lug the entire vacuum up on my step stool which was a hilarious sight for my family and also contributed to the unfortunate tear in the hose. The Lift & Clean lives up to its name and was made for this sort of thing, making cleaning a breeze.

The noise level is at least half that of my previous model while the suction power was easily double or triple. In fact, I had already vacuumed the day before and this wonderful piece of machinery managed to humiliate her predecessor and fill up the canister.

Next, I tackled my preschooler’s “area” and easily sucked up all the play dough, granola, and craft shards he left behind. With my previous vacuum I always had to grab a broom and dust pan to pick up what was left behind. Also, the transition from carpet to tile was a breeze, no adjustments necessary.

I had one hiccup. The motorized brush stopped and I easily resolved the problem by referring to the troubleshooting section in the simple, straightforward manual. All that was needed was a little hair removal and a press of the overload reset button. I’m sure this feature alone will ensure a long life and is likely one reason Samsung provides a generous 5 year warranty on this model.

The one task I have always dreaded doing with canister vacuums is emptying the canister. In fact, I have a toolkit of various implements including wires and screwdrivers to pry debris, hairs, and other treasures from them. This model is foolproof, just remove the canister, apply thumb to release lever, dump, and get back to work. The Lift & Clean has a washable premotor filter and an exhaust filter to ensure clean air. It certainly did clean the air; the house smelled clean and fresh after vacuuming.

My favorite feature of this vacuum is the slim motorized brush. It fits under every cabinet and bed in the house with aplomb. Every other vacuum I’ve ever owned never fit under these nooks and crannies; this one slid under, did the job, and exited without getting wedged in or damaging wood finishes, thank you again Samsung engineers! Oh, and it turns on a dime. I actually had FUN vacuuming the entire house and even decided to clean all the upholstery, under the beds, and various other locales I dreaded in the past.

To sum it up, this is a great vacuum, and arguably the nicest I have ever owned. The engineers who designed this model have conceived a well-designed product which exceeds my expectations and the results are spectacular. Great value for the price. Happy cleaning!

-Gina Meyer

OLALA G3 10400mAh Power Bank Fast Charging Dual USB Port 5V 2.1A/1A Portable External Battery Pack Charger for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini 1, iPad Mini 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, S6, S5, S4, S3, I9600, I9500, I9190, I9300, Note 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, HTC One, One M8, One M9, Nexus 10 9 7 5 6 4, MOTO X G Droid, PS Vita, Nokia Lumia N9, 520 1020, Motorola Razr, Sony Xperia E4, LG G3 Optimus, PSP, and more Smartphones & Tablets
Offered by OLALA Gadgets
Price: $27.99
2 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful device, April 21, 2015
I was eager to try out the OLALA Power Bank upon receiving it yesterday. It just so happened my cell phone needed charging, and this presented itself with the opportunity to test it out. The unit is very compact and attractive. The connections are clearly marked. It came supplied with a short (10") USB to micro-USB flat cable that seems to be very sturdy. I noticed by pressing the power button that the unit appeared to be fully charged as indicated by the four blue indicator lights. There are two outputs on the device, one labeled 1A and the other labeled 2.1A. This represents the two different charging capacities available from this unit. Apparently, the user is supposed to know which to use for his/her device. The instructions do not really address this issue. They only state the two output capabilities. I connected my phone to the 1 A output, as that is what my regular phone charger provides, and the unit charged my phone in approximately the same time with no problems. After completion of my cell phone charge, three of the four indicator lights were lit indicating approximately 75% charging capacity remained. The unit is advertised as having a capacity of 10,400 mAh, so I should be able to get at least four phone recharges before having to recharge it.

To recharge the power bank, the user must connect it to a power source such as a phone charger or computer. The instructions show how to do that, but are unclear as what to expect. They say that "...the blue indicator is flickering when charging. It will stop flickering and all the indicators turn blue after fully charged." There are four blue indicators that illuminate when the power button is pressed and the unit is fully charged. Since after charging my phone only three were lit, They each represent approximately 25% of charge. The instructions do not address this at all, but there are markings on the unit that indicate their value. Maybe if the unit is fully discharged, the first blue indicator will flicker as it is charging, but the instructions do not say that. Also, when I plug the unit in to charge it, a red light illuminates, and nowhere in the instructions could I find any reference to this.

In summary, I like the unit and see where it could be useful, but the instructions are poorly written. There is also one more little nit pick I would make. When the unit is lying flat so that the writing on the face where the connections are made is right side up, the manufacturer's logo is on the bottom and the model number sticker is on the top. Seems backward to me, but that's the way it's shown on the box cover also. If the instructions were better, I would have given it five stars. I do recommend it, however, and the reduced price being offered by Amazon makes it a good buy.

-Roger Meyer

Command Decor 03CBDE Damage-Free Wall Tiles with 2 Chalkboard and 1 Dry Erase, 3-Pack
Price: $64.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice indeed!, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I noted that some reviewers did not care for the tile art selection they received from the free program Vine, saying that the general quality of their home décor was above the quality of the tiles. I live in a trailer and virtually NOTHING is less ritzy than my humble walls. That being said, my pad looks like an artist's studio, which it is, with my own artwork everywhere. Oddly enough my criterion for anything to go on the walls is that the object has to be in good taste artistically and I am very persnickety. I was most pleased by the three tiles in my package which are three stunning black and white photographs- a wine bottle on a cozy table tucked away in a Mediterranean scene; a pot of hydrangeas in an atmospheric niche; an old bicycle leaning against a wall. The photographs go with the mood of my pad perfectly. And hung they really make a statement, each being twelve inches square.

The accompanying booklet is attractive and the directions are clear. The Command Decor's mantra is “Hang. Change. Rearrange”. Rather like musical chairs. The plastic frame is very good quality, but when the picture is hung with the artwork on the surface you can't see it. The whole operation of attaching the base to the wall via an adhesive strip, then pressing the frame or holder onto the strip then pressing in the artwork panel takes just a few minutes, but the directions advise you to let the adhesive strip sit on the wall for an hour before proceeding. The frame has a leveler built in so you can easily align the strip and when pressing the parts into place you'll hear a click that tells you the pressing operation is correct.

I am very pleased with both the ease of the shadow box assembly and the quality of the provided artwork. The wall where I put the three pictures looks wonderfully refurbrished. And as far as living in a trailer you can pull a purse out of a pig's ear- I have just done it!

AccuMed AP109 Portable Electronic TENS Pulse Massager with Lifetime Support and USA Warranty - Dual Channel Pain Relief with 8-in-1 Functionality for Treating Shoulders, Joints, Back/Waist, Hands, Legs, Feet, and More - Includes Massage/Beat/Knead Modes, "Repeat" Command, High-Contrast LCD Display, Four High-Quality TENS Pads, Batteries, and More *FDA Approved with Clinically Proven, Professional Effectiveness for Home Medical Use
Offered by Foscam Digital Technologies LLC
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My muscles are grateful!, April 20, 2015
I tried the massager for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised. My surprise stemmed from two sources - how well it worked and the reasonable price. I've seen and used other TENS units before that were WAAAY more expensive and didn't offer much more than what this unit provides. You can select from a variety of automated programs or select a manual mode. The unit supports two separate sets of stick on pads. There is a level intensity control for each separate set of pads. I only used one set for my first treatment and placed them on my lower back to help with my chronic lower back pain. The automatic mode I selected ran for 10 minutes and cycled through a number of massage techniques and frequencies. The LCD screen displays the time remaining in the automatic mode. I set my level control on 5 as that gave me the most noticeable input without being painful. Towards the end of the treatment, I did have to turn it down a little though.

I really like this unit and highly recommend it to others. It is compact (looks sort of like a TV remote), attractive, and simple to operate. It runs on four AAA batteries that are provided. I don't know how long they will last, but obviously it's a function of how much the unit is used. The instructions provided are clear. The only unknown at this point is how long the sticky pads will last. They are reusable, but in time I'm sure they will need replacement.

--Roger Meyer

Lifesky Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Drink Bottle Thermos Travel Mug Cup with Handle 18-Ounce (Purple)
Offered by Top Dream
Price: $38.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick in royal purple!, April 18, 2015
Upon opening the package, I was immediately impressed with this thermos. It seems to be well constructed and sturdy, as well as attractive. The Amazon page indicates that it is available in quite a variety of colors. Capacity of the thermos is stated as 18 oz, and while this may seem small for cold liquids, it is probably adequate for most people when used with hot beverages such as coffee or tea. It is a double walled stainless steel vacuum thermos. I liked the instructions that told how to "condition" the thermos for whatever liquid is to be used to obtain maximum temperature holding capability. It states to fill with hot or cold water, depending on what beverage is to be used, and lit sit for a few minutes to pre-condition the bottle. I've done this with my coffee cups for years and is an effective technique. I liked the easily operated open and close feature. It works well and provides a good seal. The cup on top is a little unusual for a thermos in that it is partially clear. I've used this for coffee, and it kept it hot for as long as I needed it, which was over an entire morning. I haven't tested it to its limits, but the literature claims it will hold temperature for 20 hours. Just for fun, I'm going to fill it with hot water (after conditioning), and measure the temperature at the start and after some length of time - probably 12 hours or so.

I like this thermos, and because of its construction, I expect it to hold up for a long time. I highly recommend it to others.

--Roger Meyer

Collapsible Cat Tunnel Toy (2-Pack) [60% Discount for Mother's Day Sales!] - The Best Cat Toy - Peep Hole Design enables interactive play with your cats [2 Years Warranty & 100% Money Back Guarantee] © Pet Magasin
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $15.26

5.0 out of 5 stars High fives from my cats, April 16, 2015
These two Cat Tunnels are beautifully made and are very colorful and cheerful. I have two cats, one male, one female. They are quite elderly being each twelve years old. The female went right into the larger tunnel and stayed inside for a long time. The male cat took a day of gazing at the tunnels before venturing into the smaller one. I know that when they deem it safe they will both love the tunnels. The female likes lying in front of the larger tunnel, too where she performing squatters' rights.

Others have remarked on the plastic smell of the tunnels, but it disappears quite quickly. No problem at all. The Tunnels are quality toys for your beloved kitties. The three of us- two cats and me- are very pleased.

Catherine of Aragon
Catherine of Aragon
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, April 16, 2015
I was very surprised at the negative reviews for this fine production. Some reviewers complained that the series was like a stage play. It is, but that fact in no way mars the quality. I have to say up front that I am deaf and require the closed cc's but it is easy to follow the plot. using the captions I can't judge the quality of the voice acting. However the ccs are perfectly synchronized with the speech which is not always the case.

The casting and costuming of the various characters is spot on. Aside from the major players it is easy to recognize Cromwell, Cranmer, Woolsey and even the Duke of Norfolk. The production accurately brings to the viewer Henry's six wives in all their agonies and ecstasies. A great deal of research was required and Henry VIII's court as it appears in this series is a reflection of the real thing. You are there. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20