Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for White Lotus > Reviews

Browse

White Lotus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 151

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

White Lotus RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Marriott Hotel Signature Flat Sheet - Cotton Blend
Marriott Hotel Signature Flat Sheet - Cotton Blend
Offered by Marriott Hotels
Price: $70.00
2 used & new from $46.02

5.0 out of 5 stars These aren't the butter soft sheets you are looking for, March 13, 2016
I'm making this review because I'm gushing over these sheets. I also cannot believe all the negative reviews. My Signature sheets were purchased from the Marriott website.

I love my new sheet set. The number 1 way it is different, is that it's thicker than my previous cheap sheet set that I got for around $60 at Bed Bath. With my previous sheet set, when I got under the sheets, it would always feel cold to the touch. All my life, that's always how it's been. With these sheets, it doesn't feel that way. When I place my feet under the sheets, it just feels normal, not too cold or too warm.

Second thing, these sheets are soft, but it's a durable soft. Allow me to explain, not all cottons are created equal. Take a men's cotton polo shirt for example. Some polo shirts are made so damn soft it's buttery soft. I actually dislike this very much. I actually enjoy the kind of cotton polo that has a slightly ribbed texture. When you have a cotton shirt, with a slightly ribbed texture, the ribbing takes some of the comfort away, but what you get in return, is durability. That's what I get out of these sheets!

These sheets are made of a sort of slightly ribbed cotton. If you need buttery soft sheet set for your bed, then you need to look elsewhere. Incidentally, I have stayed at many hotels, including Marriott's and it's very rare that any hotel with give you bed sheets that are butter soft. Most hotels will give you sheets that are soft AND durable. And generally speaking, if you want both of those qualities in a sheet, it's very hard to find at this price point.

My previous sheet set died after less than 4 years. It developed a hole in the fitted sheet. I feel much more confident, that these Signature sheets from Marriott will not tear easily.

The color of my sheets looks white. I cannot tell if it's off white or what, it just looks pure white to me.

Warmth

These sheets offer a gentler warmth that envelops the body. I know, all sheets offer a warmth that goes round your body. But the difference with these sheets is, I am aware of the warmth surrounding my body. I can feel the warmth all around. With my older sheets, I was just warm all over. I think the ribbing in the cotton really helps. The ribbing not only adds durability, it makes it so that there's less actual skin contacting the fibers at any one time.

I disagree with other reviewers saying the fabric is super thin. It is thin, after all, it's a bed sheet. All bed sheets are thin. You could hold this one up to the light and it wouldn't let in any more light than any other sheet, totally disagree with that.

Addressing another reviewer, my sheets did not pill up after 1 wash. I just ran the sheets through my front loading washer under the "Bedding" setting. Not sure what the other reviewer did, he/she obviously didn't wash their sheets the same way I did mine.

Dot&Dot Hanging Toiletry Bag for Men, Women and Kids - Organizer for Travel Accessories and Toiletries (11" x 6.75" x 3", Yellow)
Offered by The Shoppery
Price: $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Advertised, January 11, 2016
This bag is ok but it really surprised me because it is substantially larger than I thought it would be. First off, if you look at the product description it says: "11"x6.75"x 3" Those dimensions are not accurate at all. I am sitting here with a ruler in my hand. It is more like: "11 1/2"x7 1/2"x4 1/2". I was expecting a small toiletry bag but this is ENORMOUS! If their product description was off by half an inch off of one side I could understand that kind of mistake, but not nearly an inch all around.

There is no excuse for dimensions this far off, although I could see how most people would not care, and apparently if you read the reviews here, most people don't even seem to notice. I guess that's what happens when you give people free stuff, they tend to overlook the small details.

This bag is so large, I could use it as a small suitcase for my next trip. The middle section could be used for my toiletries, REI Multi-towel, shaver, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. The middle section for some reason is a little thinner than the opposite side. For the opposite side, I could easily store 3 t-shirts, 3 socks, and 3 underwear. For the section that has the clip, there is a section where I could store money. I'm not sure what it is for, but it looks like it would store bills really well.

I will hold onto this bag because I don't even think it's worth it to return. I could give it away, but I do see myself maybe using it in the future for a trip.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2016 2:12 AM PST

TrippNT 51140 Plastic Wall Mountable Kleenex Box Holder, 9-1/2" Width x 5-1/4" Height x 5" Depth, Large, Clear
Price: $22.66
4 used & new from $19.19

4.0 out of 5 stars that it actually works and it looks good too because now the Kleenex box is inside a ..., October 23, 2015
What can I say? It holds kleenex. Size was a bit finicky. It's too large for the 250ct boxes I get from Walmart. I place the kleenex boxes into kleenex covers, and then slide that entire assembly into this wall mount. The wall mount is so big, that it actually works and it looks good too because now the Kleenex box is inside a decorative case. This is my second Wall Mountable Kleenex box holder, that's how much I like it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2015 7:13 AM PDT

Selfie Stick, PanShot LT-C01 Cable Control Battery-free Selfie Stick for phone and GoPro

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Stick, October 23, 2015
I'll start with the biggest con: I have on my iPhone 5S, a case by Spigen.. Because of this case, the plug doesn't go in. I will shave the plug down with one of my mechanical tools. In the mean time, the selfie stick works great on my iPad which has the standard Apple cover. I much prefer a plug-in over bluetooth because it's more convenient. I normally keep bluetooth off on my iPhone and I hate having to turn it on.

Maceoo Men's Designer Shirts - Mini Panam Large White
Maceoo Men's Designer Shirts - Mini Panam Large White
Offered by Modern Closet
Price: $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt, Incredible Value!, October 23, 2015
Spectacular men's shirt. I have no idea what the complaints are about the sizing of this shirt. I own 2 shirts by Maceoo, both of them are mini Panam's. I have a black and a white version, both sized 4 which is U.S. equivalent of Large. I am a normal sized man, I do have a bit of belly, but I'm not obese or anything. I have no problems wearing this shirt at all, it is form flattering on me. It has a slightly fitted look, but doesn't overdo it like a lot of European fashions (see Burberry) where you might need some help to stuff you into the shirt.

The double cloth button design (it's not mother of pearl, the description is wrong) is beautiful. It actually looks better on white than on black.

My biggest gripe with this shirt is that it doesn't iron well and you certainly need to iron it because it doesn't exactly come out of the wash wrinkle free. The fabric seems very loose and moves around a lot when I place the iron onto it, unlike my other shirts which just stay put. I don't even have this problem with the black Mini Panam, just this white one. Still, it's my best shirt and it's definitely very dressy, for a man who wants to look wealthy.

I listed this shirt as a great value because I purchased it for $80 here on Amazon. I noticed the price went up. Guess I got lucky.

15" X 15" Sri Yantra Mandala Meditation Banner
15" X 15" Sri Yantra Mandala Meditation Banner
Offered by Mandala Connections
Price: $18.95
3 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars it should be fine. Because of the reviews I read about this ..., October 23, 2015
I'll start with my biggest gripe. This banner is slightly transparent. I don't know why other reviewers don't have any problem with it, nor does anyone seem to even mention it. If you put this banner in front of a bright window it will appear washed out, very washed out. However, if you put it in front of a solid white background, it should be fine.

Because of the reviews I read about this banner I was expecting to see something tiny. I was wrong, this banner is large. It was much larger than I expected, a full 15". I guess I should not have bothered to read the reviews.

Overall, I am happy. When I see this picture it takes me back to my trip on Ayahuasca, a very moving experience.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mondo Tick Wall/Table Clock Black
Mondo Tick Wall/Table Clock Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Clock, October 23, 2015
Clock was considerably smaller than I had envisioned it (I did not buy it from Amazon). I don't remember if the website I purchased from listed the dimensions of the clock or not. The clock is thicker than I envisioned it. I just measured the thickness of the clock and it is 1 1/2" thick.

I have the black version. It is a very beautiful clock with simplistic face. The red second hand moves completely silently and extremely gracefully across the dial. I have never seen a movement this smooth in any wall clock. It may have very high quality internals but I don't know for sure.

My biggest gripe with this clock is the little dashes for the numbers. These little dashes are actually located on the outside of the clock face and it looks plasticky and a bit cheesy. Definitely takes a bit away from the overall look and appearance for me, but I'm very picky. If I had children, I would not be surprised if the kids broke off a few of those little dashes, they look easy to break off.

I needed something with beautiful minimalistic look and something that would not "tick tock" and drive me crazy. I also needed something relatively affordable and this clock fit the bill. I plan to get the beige colored one for my bathroom. I like this clock that much. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find decently made clocks with a pretty face design. This clock won an award for it's design? It makes me want to design clocks for a living. This design doesn't seem all that remarkable to me.

Petzl E87 P2 Myo RXP 2 Headlamp
Petzl E87 P2 Myo RXP 2 Headlamp
Offered by The Shuttered Image
Price: $94.95
36 used & new from $70.26

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect for me, June 27, 2015
This review is from: Petzl MYO RXP Headlamp (Sports)
I'm a dental hygienist. I'm using this light at work. It's perfect for me. From my sitting distance, the pt's eye doesn't get blinded. It illuminates an area just large enough so I can see their mouth. This device is more useful than my loupes. It's far too difficult to move the overhead around constantly. To have a source of light coming directly from the point of view of the eyes is most useful.

I use three AA rechargeable and charge them overnight. I have the default setting on "7". It was originally 9 I think, however, I could only get through about 4 or 5 pts. I turned the intensity down a bit and experimented. Now I can get through all my pts through the day (sometimes I see 8 pts) and it's not a problem. It is just bright enough to see.

My previous MYO XP did not allow me to adjust the intensity of the light. I really like this model. It is really flexible. The DDS I work with has also purchased one of these. He uses it on the brightest setting which is really bright. He goes through batteries like crazy and simply has 2 sets of batteries that he charges throughout the day.

USB Hub, Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Portable Aluminum Hub with 2-Foot USB 3.0 Cable, for iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, or any PC (Silver)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuffs, June 27, 2015
It's in front of me. I'm typing this on my 27" iMac. It still works good, very attractive. The fact that the green light stays on doesn't bother me. Who doesn't have some device that looks like it's always on in their living space? I actually had my backup hard drive hooked into this thing to do backup once. Very handy. I like it very much. Goes well with Apple gear.

SansBug Free-Standing Pop-Up Mosquito-Net (Tarp Floor)
SansBug Free-Standing Pop-Up Mosquito-Net (Tarp Floor)
Offered by Hakuna Matata Tents
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This allows you to carry it like a backpack which is exactly what I did on ..., June 27, 2015
I will touch on something nobody else has. The carry bag this thing comes with has 2 slings. This allows you to carry it like a backpack which is exactly what I did on my recent trip to Wallace Lake. I have a back pack that I use to keep my trail gear in. The Sansabug goes on top of my backpack. Yea, it looks awkward, but I don't care how it looks when I'm hiking. All I care is, it works.

This thing is huge and it is awkward on the trail. Especially if the trail itself is narrow and there are others as well. I'm scared to quad fold it because it puts a lot of stress on it and I want to get some uses out of it before I take a chance on breaking it.

This tent is particularly useful now because it's summer time. Mosquitos are everywhere here in the Seattle area which is terrible because it wasn't so bad years ago. I like to spend time in the outdoors but I can't do it if I'm getting feasted on.

I actually don't mind the mosquitos biting me while I'm outside. It's the scratching and suffering the night afterward that kills me. I still remember lying on my side, being uncomfortable because of the series of mosquito bites on the inside of my legs and feeling the burning sensation, making it difficult to sleep.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16