Profile for megan ringenbach > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

megan ringenbach RSS Feed (Norristown, PA)

Veronica Mars
Veronica Mars
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, March 14, 2014
We missed a lot of lines, laughing at the previous line. A re-watch needs to happen. It was just a fun movie, even for my non-vmars-watching friends. I really don't think it could've been done better.

Knights of Badassdom [HD]
Knights of Badassdom [HD]
DVD
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, nerd!, February 8, 2014
Fight the forces of the Necks of Red! Educate thyself on how cool Peter Dinklage is. Buy it now, nerd!

Bill Cunningham New York
Bill Cunningham New York
DVD ~ Anna Wintour
Price: $17.96
10 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Bill Cunningham New York (DVD)
This man is a true character. I wish someone would put together a book of his NY times photo pages. They look great. Although I've been watching the videos for on the street on the NY times web page.

Pegasus
Pegasus
by Robin McKinley
Price: $15.00
86 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Only HALF a book!, November 13, 2010
This review is from: Pegasus (Hardcover)
This isn't book one in a series, or a whole book on its own. Pegasus is half a book. It ends, just as the conflict begins. I'm sure there is a second part coming. Robin McKinley is too much of an expert to just end the book there, but as a reader, I feel abandoned mid-story.

A recent Connie Willis book was split in two also. I hope that we can make publishers realize this is unacceptable. If a book is written with the intention of splitting it, then it can have a smaller arc within the series arc. Just chopping it in two, however, kills any momentum the story gained.

If I had known this was half a book, I would not have paid for it. Robin Mckinley or not, I don't buy half books. That is ridiculous.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2011 12:58 PM PST

Identity Crisis
Identity Crisis
by Brad Meltzer
Price: $14.34
75 used & new from $8.00

1.0 out of 5 stars PREDICTABLE, May 3, 2009
This review is from: Identity Crisis (Paperback)
I found this story predictable and very slow paced. The twist is obvious enough that waiting for the characters to catch on is just a little torturous. I only finished it because I hoped I was wrong.

Graceling
Graceling
by Kristin Cashore
Price: $13.81
122 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Characters, More Please!, April 18, 2009
This review is from: Graceling (Hardcover)
The characters in this book are surprisingly detailed. The story is engaging. She has created a firm reality in both the characters and the world and she sticks with it. Really, the only bad thing is, this is her first book. Now we just have to wait for more...

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Theatrical Editions) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Elijah Wood
8 used & new from $14.00

1.0 out of 5 stars WE WAITED SO LONG FOR BLURAY AND IT ISN'T EXTENDED!, April 17, 2009
I can't even tell you how often I search for any news that LOTR is finally in blu-ray. We have had to wait so long for what should have been an obvious product. LOTR is BEAUTIFUL and should have been available in blu-ray a lot sooner. Now that it finally is, it isn't even the extended version! How long is it going to be until the version I want is available on blu-ray? Another year?

Business people are greedy, cruel, and obviously not a fan of LOTR.

The Wizard Hunters (The Fall of Ile-Rien, Book 1)
The Wizard Hunters (The Fall of Ile-Rien, Book 1)
by Martha Wells
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
62 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite book, October 25, 2007
The main character, Tremaine, is more than sarcastic enough for me. She sneaks past authority figures, is always walking into trouble, and she knows how to ridicule. All without noticeable ego.

She is my hero.

If you don't read this series your soul will be sad.