Profile for EB > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EB RSS Feed (Watsonville, CA)

Snap-E Mouse Trap
Snap-E Mouse Trap
Offered by All Bugs Out
Price: $3.36
10 used & new from $1.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mousetrap Ever, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Snap-E Mouse Trap (Misc.)
We had a mouse that kept stealing food from one of the conventional traps, and we decided to try this one instead. We had originally thought that it was just one. Well, after purchasing this trap, we caught four. It made us really think about how many mice get away with those conventional traps. We will always use these instead.

Pantech Crossover Prepaid Android GoPhone (AT&T) with $25 Airtime Credit
Pantech Crossover Prepaid Android GoPhone (AT&T) with $25 Airtime Credit
Offered by BEST.WIRELESS
Price: $140.50
7 used & new from $64.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great as a computer, not as a phone, February 16, 2014
I used to have a BlackBerry, and I miss the loud volume of my previous phone. It is great as a portable computer. I downloaded Android apps, and it works well as a tiny tablet, but my priority is that it works well as a phone. I am going back to my BlackBerry until I can find a phone that has better volume and dialing.

Trying to redeem the $25 airtime was a pain. Be prepared to spend lots of time on hold with AT&T. Just because it's free doesn't mean you won't pay for it in other ways.

Oreck Commercial 2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum, Blue
Oreck Commercial 2100RHS 8 Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum, Blue
Price: $159.04
11 used & new from $147.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Very light and easy to control, February 16, 2014
I have used a variety of vacuum cleaners, and I have not been pleased with one until now. I checked to see what was rated very high at Amazon. I had considered spending more money on a Dyson or another pricier vacuum cleaner, but when I saw that I could buy this one for less than $200, and it was very light, I decided to try it out. I also liked that several professional cleaners/housekeepers seemed to swear by this machine, too. Because it is so light, vacuuming is not a chore. I can say that because I have this machine, I will probably vacuum more often.

Tahiti Belle Epoque: Vol. 7
Tahiti Belle Epoque: Vol. 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Find, January 24, 2012
It's hard to find Tahitian music that doesn't break the bank. I used to dance with a Polynesian group, and copies of music would be made so that you could practice to the music. Most of the copies were either on cassette tape or CD-Rs, which were typically of poor quality. After all, the point was not mixing the music to get sound quality, it was to get the music audible enough to dance to it. I always tried to buy the actual music albums because I enjoy Polynesian music. Emma has a gorgeous voice. I can't believe that she isn't as famous worldwide as Don Ho! As someone who enjoys beautiful alto voices, I recommend this album.

GE Corded 2.4 GHz 27881GE2 Phone with Cordless Handset, Caller ID and Digital Answering System

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as some models, June 4, 2011
Because I had a great experience with a prior GE phone, I bought this phone. My boyfriend's roommate had dialed the phone with wet fingers--probably after washing dishes, but why not dry off your hands?--eventually causing the keys not to dial at all. I replaced it with the same model. The roommate had moved out, so there were no problems with the base phone, but the handset now doesn't work. You cannot hear with the handset, although the person on the other end can hear you. I'm having bad luck with this particular model. The other reviewers are right. The volume on the answering machine is too low, even when you turn up the volume to the highest setting. No problems hearing on the base phone or handset. The sound is very clear. You just need to adjust the volume.

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer
16 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, August 15, 2010
I love the printer. It does make some strange noises, but it doesn't bother me much. My other HP printer was louder (HP 5550). I just wish the ink cartridges were bigger, but I understand that it's a starter set. Scanning is a snap, although I have yet to figure out how to compress the size of the file. I know how to do it on a PC with Adobe Acrobat, but not on a Mac. Faxing is a breeze. This is one of the best printers that I have had. The only thing that would make it better would be a laser printer, but you can't have everything in life.

Princess Kaiulani
Princess Kaiulani
DVD ~ Q'orianka Kilcher
Price: $9.28
45 used & new from $2.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bio Pic, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Princess Kaiulani (DVD)
I enjoyed this film immensely. Although I am sure it is not completely accurate (as most films are not), the heart of the story was very touching, and my boyfriend who is Native American could relate to the story as it is the same thing that happened to his people. It is great to have more diverse stories made. I have no interest in movies like Twilight, but an immense interest in stories of different people and cultures. This movie was well-done. As we move into a global society, people will continue to have more interest in stories other than the same ones that Hollywood spins out every year. I would love to see more movies like this, which is why I spend my money on movies at film festivals rather than Hollywood studio films.

Unfortunately, when a movie is made, a writer must take liberties with the story in order to get an audience's interest. I am the former student who fell asleep in my history class, so if you make a historical documentary, I am an audience member who probably will not spend the money on the movie ticket. But if you make a movie with a love interest in it with the hero/heroine having to fight for a cause, it is something that is universally felt, so you have a larger audience. I think this story deserves a larger audience than the small proportion of people who watch documentaries. It is a good story, and one that deserves to be known by a larger audience. Besides, those who are interested in history will read further about Princess Ka`iulani and discover the inaccuracies in the film. I thank the producers for having the foresight and the connections to get this film made. I hope to continue to see Q'orianka Kilcher in future roles as she lights up the screen.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shampoo!, March 28, 2009
I tried this shampoo out of desperation when I was repulsed by the scent of most shampoos. A lot of anti-dandruff shampoos have tar or sulfur in the ingredients. It's a horrid smell. Some shampoos cover up the smell with perfume. I wanted something scent-free, and I happened to find it at an organic/health foods store. It was a little expensive, but I really liked the shampoo.

Firstly, it smells good--not like medicine or perfume. It doesn't lather up very well, though, and you have to remember to shake it up before using. Otherwise, you get a less concentrated dose the first time you use it, and a heavily concentrated dose the last time you shampoo with it.

Secondly, it doesn't leave your hair with heavy smells like sulfur, tar, or perfume. The only things you smell are the ingredients, which leaves a faint scent, disappearing quickly.

Lastly, it doesn't dry out your hair. I used another anti-dandruff shampoo that dried my hair out and left it unmanageable. Many of the ingredients in this shampoo moisturizes my hair so that I don't need to condition my hair often. This is definitely a shampoo that I intend to keep in my bathroom!