Profile for Bob P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob P. RSS Feed (Newport Coast, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Anker® High Performance 5200mAh/58Wh Laptop Battery for HP G32 G42 G42T G56 G62 G72 G4 G6 G6T G7 ; HP Presario CQ32 CQ42 CQ43 CQ430 CQ56 CQ62 CQ72 ; Envy 17 ; HP Pavilion DM4 DV3-4000 DV5-2000 DV6-3000 DV6-6000 DV7-4000 DV7-6000 Series; Fits MU06 593553-001 593554-001 MU09 WD548AA WD549AA WD548AA#ABB HSTNN-LB0W 636631-001 593550-001 -Upgraded With Higher Quality Samsung Cells yet has Same Size & Shape as an OEM Battery-18 Months Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $55.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls out of laptop, February 5, 2014
This falls out of my HP laptop. Immediately shutting down windows, leaving the disk in a bad state. After it happened once, I thought that maybe I put it in wrong. Put in in carefully and then later it happened again. At this point I very very carefully put it in, and lightly touched the laptop down on the edge of a table with the battery over the edge. It fell out.
I put the original battery back in and repeated the test. The original battery didn't fall out, even with much more force.
There isn't a reason to risk your all the data on your hard drive by getting this battery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 1:43 AM PST

Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System
Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System
Offered by Pasadena Networks, LLC
Price: $65.50
23 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range, easy configuration, November 19, 2013
I was a little concerned because I have a Western Digital router and wanted to have the same SSID on this AP as on that router, and people had said the configuration was difficult.
It was really easy.
1. Plugged the UniFi into the back of the router
2. Plugged my laptop into the back of the router
3. Downloaded the software from UniFi, started it, it opened a browser window.
4. In the UniFi configuration UI, entered the same SSID and password that I was already using, and created an admin username and password.
Done
5. Actually did another step (not required) - configured the AP to use a specific channel due to neighbors
Much better range and speed than my last AP - seems like it'll work great.
Not sure why people are complaining about how hard the configuration is. Maybe if you're doing more complex things it's difficult, but this was literally as simple as it could possibly be.

K2 SPORTS Inline Skate Brake Stopper (Black)
K2 SPORTS Inline Skate Brake Stopper (Black)
Price: $15.89
2 used & new from $11.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts fine, no choice, August 7, 2013
Fits well, easy to replace. They last me a year or so of blading, and I go 3 times a week. Based on some other reviews, it sounds like there was a bad batch last year. These are fine.

Sony ICF-C218 Clock Radio (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony ICF-C218 Clock Radio (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Best 4 Best
Price: $22.99
39 used & new from $8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great clock. If you don't care what time it is., September 6, 2012
It's nine minutes fast. Really, it is. Compared to my cable box, my cell phone, other clocks that I have that automatically sync, etc. And there's no way to change it. A few months ago it was only seven minutes fast.
From the reviews, some (but not all) other people are running into this problem.
So, nice enough. If you don't care to know the correct time.

CAP Barbell Puzzle Mat (6 piece)
CAP Barbell Puzzle Mat (6 piece)
Offered by Warehouse Fitness
Price: $29.13
14 used & new from $24.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs help for Insanity, August 29, 2012
I did Insanity inside for a while, but I got tired of moving furniture (actually my wife did) so I started working out in the garage. It has epoxy paint over the concrete floor - so very hard and slippery. This product sounded good for padding and grip, and at a reasonable price.
I ordered 5 packs to have enough for a 10' x 10' area to have enough room for a few of us to work out. There are enough leftovers so that I can expand it to 10' x 12' later.

The colors of the different packages did not all match. It wasn't horrible, but definitely noticeable. Pix coming later. Also it seemed that the like-color pieces fit together the best. There were plenty of edge and corner pieces. To get enough "middle edge" pieces, you have to trim some other edge pieces with a scissors, but it's not hard at all. There is a little plastic smell but it's not that noticeable, and it's going away.

We did insanity once.
Good news: the surface was really grippy and we didn't slip at all. This was a nice change - I'm used to slipping quite a bit. (OK, I sweat a lot).
Bad news: the tiles came apart in three places. After the workout, we flipped the mat over and taped every seam with 3M Scotch Pro Strength Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 60-Yard, 1-Pack (1260). And of course flipped it right-side up.

We did insanity again.
The problem was fixed - the pieces did not come apart at all. But now we noticed that the whole mat was sliding. So we anchored it with Intertape 9970 Indoor Carpet Tape 1.87-Inches x 36-Yards. A full-width stripe every 2 feet or so, and all around the edges just inside the border piece (so it anchored the 2' x 2' tile).

Insanity again, and it's working great.
I'd recommend it highly, as long as you get the two tapes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 6:47 AM PDT

Rollerblade Set High Performance 90mm Wheel Kit with SG9 Bearings
Rollerblade Set High Performance 90mm Wheel Kit with SG9 Bearings

5.0 out of 5 stars Just get them, August 21, 2012
These are great wheels and bearings. Two or three times a week, I blade for about an hour outside on asphalt bike paths. The ride on these is smooth, and they last a LONG TIME. I put the last set on a few months ago, and they are barely worn. I haven't had to even rotate them yet. The 90mm size gives less friction compared to smaller wheels, so you'll go further and/or faster on each push.
Be sure that your blades can take a 90mm wheel.

Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone - CT14
Plantronics Cordless Headset Phone - CT14
Price: $91.24
106 used & new from $72.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but no speed dial, July 20, 2012
I've been using this for about 6 months with a Vonage phone line. It works great.

Positives:
1. The talk time is terrific. I use it for many hours a day and have never had a battery life problem.
2. The distance is great. My base is on the second floor at my house; I can go downstairs, 50 feet away (so through the floor and many walls) without dropping the connection.
3. It's very comfortable.
4. The headset cord is cleverly held in place by the belt clip, so you cannot accidentally unplug the headset.
5. Easy-to-use mute button on the cord between the phone and the headset
6. High quality sound. Other people have complained about a background hiss, but that's not noticeable to me - certainly it's less than you get with the Vonage line itself.

Negatives:
1. No speed dial. Kind of amazing on a modern phone, and the only thing that brings it from 5 to 4 stars.

Netgear Wireless-n 150 Access Point
Netgear Wireless-n 150 Access Point
Offered by Quantum Wireless
Price: $51.92
79 used & new from $44.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, not that hard to configure, June 20, 2012
I was a little concerned about getting this product, based on the other reviews that mentioned how hard it was to configure. The hardest part is knowing how to set the IPv4 configuration on your ethernet connection on your laptop to a static address. If you know how to do that, and you set up the router that that this is going to connect to, then you are good to go.
I was looking for another access point to connect to my router (hardwired), because the wireless signal doesn't reach through the walls and to the second floor of my house. Connected this up, went through the User Manual and did the config steps to match the wireless configuration on my router, plugged it all in, and it just worked.
I did set the channel manually because netgear doesn't seem to do that good a job - all the routers nearby are on channel 5 or 6 (you can see what channels are in use by downloading inssider), so I set this to channel 1.

Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, 100 Sheets) (S042180)
Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, 100 Sheets) (S042180)
Offered by Be Choosey
Price: $19.66
37 used & new from $7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great paper, but FYI NOT double sided!, May 6, 2012
I've bought a few packages of this paper with 50 sheets in it: Epson Premium Presentation Paper MATTE (8.5x11 Inches, 50 Sheets) (S041568) and bought this pack of 100 to save a few bucks. But it's not the same paper - it's only coated on one side. Would work great if that's what you need.

golden monkey tea - 12.0 oz
golden monkey tea - 12.0 oz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that good, February 13, 2012
The flavor of this tea is not as good as other Golden Monkey teas that I've had. It is kind of weak. Also where the other Golden Monkey teas have a very nice buttery, honey kind of flavor (reminds me of butterbeer in the Harry Potter books), this tea has a hint of that, but really to me more of a soapy taste. It's not horrible, so I'm giving it two stars instead of one. I've been much happier with The Tao of Tea, Golden Monkey Black Tea, Loose Leaf, 3.5-Ounce Tins (Pack of 2) and I think I'll go back to that.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3