Profile for Bob P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob P. RSS Feed (Newport Coast, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Diamond VC500  USB 2.0 One Touch Video Capture Device Capture content from VCRs, Camcorders, DVD players, or any device supporting video output through an S-Video or composite RCA connection.
Price: $33.03
80 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - captures Macrovision-protected tapes, January 5, 2015
I needed to archive a few VHS tapes that were protected with Macrovision. The tapes were getting old and dirty, and I wanted to be able to keep playing them. I was concerned about this product because it was cheap and the reviews were a little mixed. But I went ahead with it, and am very satisfied. I'm using it on a Windows 7 laptop with USB 3.0 ports, and haven't run into any of the problems that others reported.
I ignored the included DVD and just downloaded the latest drivers from diamond. I was hoping to avoid using their "ez-grabber" application, but a few video programs didn't recognize the capture device. EZ grabber works well; there's not a lot of documentation but it's pretty self-explanatory, and you can find a manual online. Works just like a VCR - press the record button to start recording. You probably want to go to setup (looks like a gear icon) and on the "record" tab, change the format to DVD for the best resolution.

I didn't try the included movie authoring program; I already have some video editing programs that can import the mpeg file that is captured.

Overall: very easy to use, captures fine, great value, works with Macrovision.

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3/DDR3L 1600 MHz (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Memory for Mac CT2K8G3S160BM
Price: Click here to see our price
49 used & new from $112.50

5.0 out of 5 stars works great. No issues at all, December 4, 2014
I was concerned that this wouldn't work in my HP DV6 laptop, since it's "for Mac." But it fit right in perfectly, works great. No issues at all.

Vita Coco Coconut Water, 11.1 oz. (Count of 12)
Vita Coco Coconut Water, 11.1 oz. (Count of 12)
Price: $15.52
45 used & new from $15.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastes great. Doesn't have any plastic aftertaste, November 3, 2014
Tastes great. Doesn't have any plastic aftertaste. The packaging is easy to work with - the cap breaks a tamper-evident seal when you open it, and doesn't have any difficult liner etc.

Yogitoes rSkidless BIG Yoga Towel (Blue)
Yogitoes rSkidless BIG Yoga Towel (Blue)
Offered by Absolute Yogi
Price: $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great towel - no problems, October 30, 2014
Great towel. I'm 6 feet tall, and needed something longer so that I can get a wide stance on the warrior poses, and not have my face on the floor for spine work. This fits the bill. The rubber dots keep it from sliding on the mat very well. I've been doing yoga for about 6 months, about 6 days a week. So I've washed this towel 150 or so times, and it's not frayed at all. Highly recommended. Goes well with Yoga Direct Extra Long Yoga Mat.

Anker® High Performance 5200mAh/58Wh Laptop Battery for HP G32 G42 G42T G56 G62 G72 G4 G6 G6T G7; HP Presario CQ32 CQ42 CQ43 CQ430 CQ56 CQ62 CQ72; Envy 17; HP Pavilion DM4 DV3-4000 DV5-2000 DV6-3000 DV6-6000 DV7-4000 DV7-6000 Series; Fits MU06 593553-001 593554-001 MU09 WD548AA WD549AA WD548AA#ABB HSTNN-LB0W 636631-001 593550-001 -Upgraded With Higher Quality LG Cells yet has Same Size & Shape as an OEM Battery
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $55.99
2 used & new from $41.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls out of laptop, February 5, 2014
This falls out of my HP laptop. Immediately shutting down windows, leaving the disk in a bad state. After it happened once, I thought that maybe I put it in wrong. Put in in carefully and then later it happened again. At this point I very very carefully put it in, and lightly touched the laptop down on the edge of a table with the battery over the edge. It fell out.
I put the original battery back in and repeated the test. The original battery didn't fall out, even with much more force.
There isn't a reason to risk your all the data on your hard drive by getting this battery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2014 1:43 AM PST

Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System
Ubiquiti Networks UniFi AP Enterprise WiFi System
Offered by Pasadena Networks, LLC
Price: $63.70
32 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great range, easy configuration, November 19, 2013
I was a little concerned because I have a Western Digital router and wanted to have the same SSID on this AP as on that router, and people had said the configuration was difficult.
It was really easy.
1. Plugged the UniFi into the back of the router
2. Plugged my laptop into the back of the router
3. Downloaded the software from UniFi, started it, it opened a browser window.
4. In the UniFi configuration UI, entered the same SSID and password that I was already using, and created an admin username and password.
Done
5. Actually did another step (not required) - configured the AP to use a specific channel due to neighbors
Much better range and speed than my last AP - seems like it'll work great.
Not sure why people are complaining about how hard the configuration is. Maybe if you're doing more complex things it's difficult, but this was literally as simple as it could possibly be.

K2 SPORTS Inline Skate Brake Stopper (Black)
K2 SPORTS Inline Skate Brake Stopper (Black)
Price: $15.88
4 used & new from $10.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasts fine, no choice, August 7, 2013
Fits well, easy to replace. They last me a year or so of blading, and I go 3 times a week. Based on some other reviews, it sounds like there was a bad batch last year. These are fine.

Sony ICF-C218 Clock Radio (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony ICF-C218 Clock Radio (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by YOU'R BEST CHOICE
Price: $30.55
34 used & new from $11.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Great clock. If you don't care what time it is., September 6, 2012
It's nine minutes fast. Really, it is. Compared to my cable box, my cell phone, other clocks that I have that automatically sync, etc. And there's no way to change it. A few months ago it was only seven minutes fast.
From the reviews, some (but not all) other people are running into this problem.
So, nice enough. If you don't care to know the correct time.

CAP Barbell Puzzle Mat (6 piece)
CAP Barbell Puzzle Mat (6 piece)
Offered by Warehouse Fitness
Price: $27.99
12 used & new from $24.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needs help for Insanity, August 29, 2012
I did Insanity inside for a while, but I got tired of moving furniture (actually my wife did) so I started working out in the garage. It has epoxy paint over the concrete floor - so very hard and slippery. This product sounded good for padding and grip, and at a reasonable price.
I ordered 5 packs to have enough for a 10' x 10' area to have enough room for a few of us to work out. There are enough leftovers so that I can expand it to 10' x 12' later.

The colors of the different packages did not all match. It wasn't horrible, but definitely noticeable. Pix coming later. Also it seemed that the like-color pieces fit together the best. There were plenty of edge and corner pieces. To get enough "middle edge" pieces, you have to trim some other edge pieces with a scissors, but it's not hard at all. There is a little plastic smell but it's not that noticeable, and it's going away.

We did insanity once.
Good news: the surface was really grippy and we didn't slip at all. This was a nice change - I'm used to slipping quite a bit. (OK, I sweat a lot).
Bad news: the tiles came apart in three places. After the workout, we flipped the mat over and taped every seam with 3M Scotch Pro Strength Duct Tape, 1.88-Inch by 60-Yard, 1-Pack (1260). And of course flipped it right-side up.

We did insanity again.
The problem was fixed - the pieces did not come apart at all. But now we noticed that the whole mat was sliding. So we anchored it with Intertape 9970 Indoor Carpet Tape 1.87-Inches x 36-Yards. A full-width stripe every 2 feet or so, and all around the edges just inside the border piece (so it anchored the 2' x 2' tile).

Insanity again, and it's working great.
I'd recommend it highly, as long as you get the two tapes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2013 6:47 AM PDT

Rollerblade Set High Performance 90mm Wheel Kit with SG9 Bearings
Rollerblade Set High Performance 90mm Wheel Kit with SG9 Bearings

5.0 out of 5 stars Just get them, August 21, 2012
These are great wheels and bearings. Two or three times a week, I blade for about an hour outside on asphalt bike paths. The ride on these is smooth, and they last a LONG TIME. I put the last set on a few months ago, and they are barely worn. I haven't had to even rotate them yet. The 90mm size gives less friction compared to smaller wheels, so you'll go further and/or faster on each push.
Be sure that your blades can take a 90mm wheel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4