Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for Jeff Lafferty > Reviews

Browse

Jeff Lafferty's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeff Lafferty RSS Feed (Florida)

Dr. Frederick's Original Gel Pad Bunion Sleeves - 2 Booties for Bunion Relief Before and After Bunion Surgery - Wear with Shoes - Small - W5-7.5 | M4.5-6
Offered by Frederick Medical Supply
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $13.21

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, May 12, 2016
This product works as designed. Provides sufficient comfort through a long day.

Cork Sheet 12" Wide x 36" Long x 1/4" Thick Plain 5 Pack Sheets
Cork Sheet 12" Wide x 36" Long x 1/4" Thick Plain 5 Pack Sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars 12" X 36" X 1/4" Plain Cork Sheets, July 19, 2012
The previous reviewer indicated the cork smelled horrible.

That is very strange, we recieved the shipment, which was packaged very well. The Cork had NO odor whatsoever coming directly out of the packaging. Perhaps it was a different lot of the product, or something else occurred to cause the odor. I just wanted to chime in with a positve review so there was some balance.

I used it to make an 11 foot long by 1 foot high bulletin board for my daughters room and it worked beautifully. It is very easy to work with, the quality of the cork is excellent, not dry or brittle, nice tight grain. Honestly, I couldn't be happier, it is exactly as I hoped it would be.

My only wish is that they carry this exact same product, but in a 3/8" thickness to accomodate the standard 3/8" pushpins. I would have spent a few more bucks to get it. Right now, the pushpins we are using stick up 1/8 of an inch, not the worst thing in the world, but a detail that would be nice to have addressed.

All in all excellent purchase, great packaing and shipping, decent price. I am statisfied!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2014 5:59 AM PST

Transformers Movie KeyChains - Bumblebee
Transformers Movie KeyChains - Bumblebee

5.0 out of 5 stars Bumblebee Keychain, January 12, 2012
OK, so this will be a quick review.

This is a review of the Transformers Movie KeyChains - Bumblebee

PROS: Excellent detail, nice arm and leg mobility, not your "average" keychain.

CONS: The lamest paint job I have seen on a toy (So I re-did it).

RESULT: My daughter loves this thing, and I thought the end result after painting it was really pretty decent and true to the movie images. I like it so much, I got a megatron for myself, after all I am the evil Dad....Bwah Ha HAAAAAAA!!!!!

The Story:

I bought this for my 16 yr old daughter because she loves the transformers movies and loves Bumblebee.
I figured having a cool Bumblebee keychain hanging off her backpack, available to mess around with during boring lectures, and the remaining time left after taking her exams would be nice.

The keychain arrived quickly, and the detail in the molding is very good. The paint job on the other hand was horrible. It was a pale orange, and looked nothing like Bumblbee. The only black on the figure was the tires, and even there it wasn't particularly good.

Given that I had a few weeks before Christmas, I got some model paints and went to work in the evenings.

Now, the thing looks righteous! Yellow where its supposed to be, black where its supposed to be and metallic blue for the eyes. Nice!

Many of her friends have commented on how cool it is.

Hope this helps in your decision making
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (Black Bundle)
Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera (Black Bundle)

2.0 out of 5 stars Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle, January 12, 2012
This is a review for the Kodak PlayFull Waterproof Video Camera Bundle (Includes Floating Wrist Strap, 4GB Memory Card, and Camera Case) - Black Bundle (2nd Generation) NEWEST MODEL

INTRO: I don't like writing negative reviews. It seems some folks can't seem to find the good in anything these days!

That being said, I cannot give the Kodak a "positive" review.

Here is the quick if you don't like to read:

PRO'S: Nice size and ergonomics, decent image quality and a good price for the feature set offered.

CON'S: Major design defect on the USB port door which renders the camera useless.

FINAL RESULT: Returned for a refund.

The Story:

I have a long background in Software Quality Assurance, I make my primary income testing and breaking things in unimaginable ways, so in the end, we can provide a great product for our customers. I like quality, and I strive to have quality in the products and services I purachase, as do most of us. I don't mind paying more for excellent quality, but I hate paying anything at all for poor quality.

I chose the Kodak initially because it had reasonably good reviews, came in at a decent price and had some nice features. People here had some good things to say about image quality, ease of use etc.

This was a Christmas present for my 13 year old daughter. After she opened it and took a few photos and movies, we were pretty pleased with the images on its display. Clear, sharp, etc. Now it was time to hook it to the computer and download these images and clips to see what they really looked like. The clips looked pretty good, but that made little after the following event took place.

After reading the instructions carefully on how to open the door which housed the USB connector, I gave it a go.
Please understand, I have great attention to detail, I have very nimble, steady hands and I am technically saavy. Before purchasing I had read reviews here which stated the door was very difficult to open, and a few which indicated it broke after opening. I was prepared.

Well, in our case, the very small plastic "lip" that holds the door shut under high pressure simply sheared off on the first open of the door. That meant that it couldn't close up again, ever. I didn't chuck it across the room against the wall to open it, I didn't use a screwdriver to pry it open, I used my thumb, pressing the door down and forward as described in the manual.

This one small point of failure essentially rendered the camera unusable. Certainly permanently malfunctional.

This is really too bad, the feature set was right on. Obviously the QA and user testing of the product prior to release were a little on the lean side. Perhaps Kodak iscounting on fewer returns based on its price point, thinking people just won't bother. Not sure about the business decision on this one, but its not like this is a "surprise" or a "fluke". This is an obvious known design defect with a decision to ship anyway. Poor choice by Kodak.

We returned this product for a refund which Amazon was totally awesome about, and ordered a competitors product. That product can be found in my other reviews ;-)

Thanks for reading, sorry for the long winded review, I hope it can help others in making a decision.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 10:50 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheshire Totoro Face- Fitted Girly T-shirt, January 12, 2012
This is a quick review for
Cheshire Totoro Face - Fitted Baby Doll Tee - Gray / Girly T-shirt

This T-shirt was ordered and given as a gift for my 16 year old daughter. She is fairly petite at around 105 pounds. This shirt (size small) fit her perfectly and looks great. She screamed and laughed with delight when she opened it on christmas because she loves Totoro and this shirt has such a nice whimsical touch.

It arrived prompty, with great communication from the seller and was exactly as described.
No complaints whatsover about the quality of this shirt.

Buy it and enjoy!

Loofa Dog 12" Plush Dog Toy, Colors May Vary
Loofa Dog 12" Plush Dog Toy, Colors May Vary
Offered by Fat Happy Pets
Price: $3.97
48 used & new from $2.22

5.0 out of 5 stars 12" Loofa Dog, December 20, 2011
Background on my dog: I have a pure bred rat terrier, she weighs 12 pounds and is about 16 inches long and about 16 inches tall. She is 10, and still acts like a puppy.

She loves toys that look like small animals, but she has a tendency to tear them apart and pull all the stuffing out of them pretty quickly. This is what Rat Terriers do.

This toy is a little different, she loves it and looks hilarious running around with it. the squeaker sounds a little bit like a mooing cow which is also pretty funny. She sleeps with it in her bed and uses it as a pillow, and she isn't trying to rip it apart like the other toys. She really enjoys playing with it, but I think she is literally in love with it.

As a dog owner, I couldn't ask for anything more. This is a high quality toy. Solid stitching and materials. I expect it to last a bit longer than her other toys.