Profile for EinLA > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 202

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EinLA RSS Feed (Pasadena,CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sea to Summit DryLite Towel, X-Large, Berry
Sea to Summit DryLite Towel, X-Large, Berry
Offered by MadAthlete
Price: $36.95
4 used & new from $36.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Micronett vs. Aquis Adventure Microfine vs. Sea to Summit Drylite, March 12, 2015
I liked Micronett towel the best, softest, just the right size, nice color, doesn't feel weird in use. But, the included storage sack is a total bust. It has two pockets, metal bits and pieces and weighs 2.2 oz! This is for travel! The towel itself only weighs 5.7 oz!! So, if you are weight conscious, which I assume most purchasers of this towel are, then the storage sack is a bust. Together, 7.9 oz, you are already in weight range of a much larger towel or a cotton towel. Otherwise I like it, although it is pricey. I did not like the Aquis, to me it felt rough and it is closer to 10 oz in the size readily available on Amazon, X-large (and I did not like the grey color). The Sea to Summit has almost as nice a feel as the Micronett, but it is a bit small and a bit thinner without being any better on price, although it has a sack that is very light and therefore, much more useful. At the equivalent size to the Micronett (30 x 50") to me, the Sea to Summit is too expensive.

Aquis Adventure Microfiber Towel, Graphite, Extra Large (29 x 55-Inches)
Aquis Adventure Microfiber Towel, Graphite, Extra Large (29 x 55-Inches)
Offered by AQUIS Inc (BRAND OWNER AND PRINCIPAL)
Price: Click here to see our price
12 used & new from $24.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Micronett vs. Aquis Adventure Microfine vs. Sea to Summit Drylite, March 12, 2015
I liked the Micronett towel the best, softest, just the right size, nice color, doesn't feel weird in use. But, the included storage sack is a total bust. It has two pockets, metal bits and pieces and weighs 2.2 oz! This is for travel! The towel itself only weighs 5.7 oz!! So, if you are weight conscious, which I assume most purchasers of this towel are, then the storage sack is a bust. Together, 7.9 oz, you are already in weight range of a much larger towel or a cotton towel. Otherwise I like it, although it is pricey. I did not like the Aquis, to me it felt rough and it is closer to 10 oz in the size readily available on Amazon, X-large (and I did not like the grey color). The Sea to Summit has almost as nice a feel as the Micronett, but it is a bit small and a bit thinner without being any better on price, although it has a sack that is very light and therefore, much more useful.

MICRONET Microfiber Towel,Sky Blue,Large
MICRONET Microfiber Towel,Sky Blue,Large

This review is from: MICRONET Microfiber Towel (Sports)
I liked this towel the best, softest, just the right size, nice color, doesn't feel weird in use. But, the included storage sack is a total bust. It has two pockets, metal bits and pieces and weighs 2.2 oz! This is for travel! The towel itself only weighs 5.7 oz!! So, if you are weight conscious, which I assume most purchasers of this towel are, then the storage sack is a bust. Together, 7.9 oz, you are already in weight range of a much larger towel or a cotton towel. Otherwise I like it, although it is pricey. I did not like the Aquis, to me it felt rough and it is closer to 10 oz in the size readily available on Amazon, X-large (and I did not like the grey color). The Sea to Summit has almost as nice a feel as the Micronett, but it is a bit small and a bit thinner without being any better on price, although it has a sack that is very light and therefore, much more useful.

Daniel Port Omnibus 1: Dig My Grave Deep / The Out is Death / It's My Funeral (Daniel Port Omibus)
by Peter Rabe
Price: $17.94
17 used & new from $13.66

5.0 out of 5 stars A stand out crime fiction writer from an earlier time, February 6, 2015
These are great. I hadn't heard of Peter Rabe or Daniel Port but I was intrigued by what I read on the back cover and decided to give it a try. These are very fun, but fairly serious, finely written crime stories. They are from a different time, back when hoods didn't just shoot each other or anyone else in their way. So in pursuit of whatever the characters are trying to get, there are lots of obstacles, twists, changes in course and alliances, that wouldn't be as believable as modern crime stories where murder is commonplace. The plots keep reshaping and turning and are never static for more than a page. Lots of fun keeping up! Daniel Port is the protagonist in all three stories here, and they are somewhat related, in a time sense, but totally stand alone otherwise. The introduction says that the plots are very different and that is one of the unique aspects of Rabe's work. I wouldn't exactly say that. I read all three in a row, so some similarities came through, but just minor themes. Regardless, these are a lot of fun, very good reads and well worth your time. It is easy to see how future generations of crime writers were influenced by his pacing, characterization, plotting and tone.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2015 7:22 PM PST

ASICS Men's GT-2000 Running Shoe,Lime/White/Red,10 D US
ASICS Men's GT-2000 Running Shoe,Lime/White/Red,10 D US
Offered by E Footwear
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars GT-2000 vs GT-2000 2, January 17, 2015
Loved my first pair of these, most comfortable shoes I have run in. Not the most long lasting ever, but that isn't what I am looking for. Comparing them now to the "GT-2000 2" which at the moment are ~ $10 more depending on which color you choose - I like them garish and bright :) Running up and down the carpeted hallway, I can't really say that the 2 is significantly different, perhaps a touch more padding on the inner heal and the outer mid/fore foot area. Very subtle. For now, I will save the money and move onto the 2 when the first one is no longer available or the price is the same (and I like the color!). For now, save yourself some money.

Romancing the Violin (1986)
Romancing the Violin (1986)
11 used & new from $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, January 14, 2015
Lovely, sweet, fun and engaging. Great sound, very intimate. If you are thinking about buying it, don't hesitate.

Oral-B Power Dual Clean Replacement Electric Toothbrush Head,3 Count
Oral-B Power Dual Clean Replacement Electric Toothbrush Head,3 Count
Price: $20.49
2 used & new from $20.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Gimmick - not worth the trouble, January 14, 2015
Bulky, difficult to maneuver and they slow down the toothbrush. Compared with the single head, these really just seem like a gimmick. I used them for about 9 months, no other changes to my oral hygiene regimen and my teeth had more staining, per my dental hygienist. Just used a new single head one that I had in my drawer and, much better! Easier to maneuver, faster, teeth feel cleaner, less bumping the thing around. And, I just replaced my handle, so that has nothing to do with it. I would recommend that you stay away. Anyone want the two new ones I have left? ;(

5 Pairs Very Soft Air Chamber Silicone Screw in Nose Pads Nosepads for Sensitive Skin
Offered by Hermes Distribution
Price: $6.98
4 used & new from $5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Nose SAVERS!!, January 7, 2015
I have a pair of Burberry frames that I had fitted with very high priced digital progressive lenses. I didn't even think about it, but the nose pads on the frames are fixed, that is there is no pivot point (like every other frame I have had for years) and, to make matters worse, the included nose pad was very hard. My optician changed the original ones out but I still have significant discomfort, very tender red spots on the bridge of my nose - I simply couldn't wear my glasses all day. What to do? The lenses were very expensive and won't fit into another frame. Finally I found these nose pads and I have to say they are much, much more comfortable than the ones my optician has available. They do not fit snugly into the socket ( there isn't a screw) which means that they can fall out if I am not careful, but this also allows them to shift a bit which makes them more comfortable. I can wear my glasses without pain, so I am very, very happy. If I lose a few over time, no problem, they aren't that expensive. I would like to see them come with a slightly wider attachment piece, for those frames (like mine) that do not have a screw, but still they fit well enough to be practical.

Asset Rotation: The Demise of Modern Portfolio Theory and the Birth of an Investment Renaissance
by Matthew P. Erickson
Price: $32.08
51 used & new from $25.66

1.0 out of 5 stars Humbug, January 6, 2015
"In Asset Rotation, portfolio management pioneer Matthew P. Erickson demonstrates a time-tested approach to asset management that has worked throughout the history of capital markets, in good times and bad."

The author is a "pioneer" and yet his approach is "time tested" and "has worked throughout the history of capital markets, in good times and bad."

This is so painful to comment on. It works all of the time, and it has for many decades and yet the author is a pioneer! It works all the time and yet he has just discovered it? Hmmm.

"Providing investors with strong participation in rising markets, but more importantly with a discipline to reduce participation in prolonged declines."

OK, but bottom line, this requires market timing.

"Over time this revolutionary approach has yielded superior returns, with significantly reduced levels of risk; providing the engine for true, long-term sustainable growth."

Yields superior returns with reduced risk! Ah, the Holy Grail of investing!

"The investment world as we know it has changed, and the paradigm has shifted. What has worked in the past may no longer work in the future."

First, that the investment world has changed would be pretty tough to support. Still the same - fear and greed.

Second, we are told that this is a time-tested method which has worked throughout the history of capital markets but also that "what has worked in the past may no longer work in the future."

Oh boy, now I am really confused! Will it work or not? What a conundrum!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2015 8:19 PM PDT

Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder, Black
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder, Black
Price: $82.99
22 used & new from $82.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, Awesome Customer Service - this is the one to buy!, January 5, 2015
I've had this model since 2007 and it has ground its way through hundreds and hundreds - maybe thousands and thousands of pounds of coffee, without any problems. Every morning, it always works and does a good job at grinding evenly and consistently. It is a bit of a pain to clean - but all burr grinders will have this problem. Just use a brush after each use and occasionally you can use a product that cleans the machine. I suggest storing it with the top plastic piece off so air can get to it, and also periodically washing the clear plaster hopper and feeder. Now, 8 years later, the grinder doesn't grind as fine - clearly the top burr has become somewhat dull. It is still useful, but I don't have as much control over the variety of grinds - but this is subtle not a huge deal. I called Capresso to see if I could buy a new burr - which they do sell. BUT I was also offered a brand new one at $65, no tax, shipping included. Although mine is really fine, I decided to go with a new one - why not? $65 and it will most likely last another 8-10 years, no problem. If I had just bought the upper burr (about $20 with shipping), I have no doubt it would have continued to work. This is awesome customer service of an awesome product. Thank you Capresso!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20