Profile for Joel Forsyth > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joel Forsyth RSS Feed

Snap-on Rubber Coated Case for Apple® iPhone® 4 4S 4GS 4G AT&T / Verizon, Pink / Black
Offered by FishingForDeals
Price: $1.89
23 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be more highly rated, March 7, 2012
This case is less than $2 and you can remedy the flash issue with a marker. If this was the price of all of the other cases of this quality (~$30), I could understand the complaints. In this instance, I got way more than what I paid for.

Muay Thai MMA Ankle Support Wraps (Pair)
Muay Thai MMA Ankle Support Wraps (Pair)
Price: $8.99 - $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted, March 1, 2012
EDIT: I bought these in February and I think they've finally worn out. I have worn them 2 hours a day, 4 days a week for almost 7 months and they held up pretty well. For the price I am very pleased. I did notice some unraveling, but nothing that compromised fit or strength. I am here to purchase again.

I ordered these not for Muay Thai but for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I didn't need ankle support as much as grips to keep my ankles from sliding around when sweaty. These certainly get the job done. I did notice that the logo rubbed off my first night at the gym (without even washing). It wasn't a big deal to me, maybe a plus because they look cheesy with it. I wear a size 12 and haven't had any problems after 2 weeks and several washes.

Slinglink Turbo 1PORT
Slinglink Turbo 1PORT
9 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just like you would hope, March 14, 2011
I opened the box, plugged one in by the modem and connected the ethernet cable and plugged the other across the house and plugged another ethernet into my XBOX. Worked instantly. My house is about 4 years old and the wiring is new so I had no problems in that area. I would recommend getting this one port version and saving your money and just get a cheap switch for more ports. It works exactly like a wired connection.

I use it to watch Netflix on the XBOX and it works perfectly. I would recommend this for anyone who has had wireless router troubles or just hates dealing with all of the security issues. This made my life so much easier.

RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 50 Ft.
RiteAV - SVGA Monitor Cable - 50 Ft.
Offered by Ultra Spec Cables (RiteAV®)
Price: $24.95
4 used & new from $18.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., March 18, 2010
Item exactly as described. Takes quite a while for the cord to unwind as it has been packaged in the circle for some time.

On Free Choice of the Will (Hackett Classics)
On Free Choice of the Will (Hackett Classics)
by Saint Augustine, Bishop of Hippo
Price: $10.12
83 used & new from $1.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, very philosophical, March 18, 2010
The book is written as an interview by a young student asking Augustine the questions of life, happiness, numbers, sin, and the will. A bit confusing at times for a dummy like me, but very enlightening nonetheless!

A Cooperative Method of Natural Birth Control
A Cooperative Method of Natural Birth Control
by Margaret Nofziger
31 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, informative read, March 18, 2010
Gets confusing at times (probably because I'm a man...), but I read it in one sitting and felt like I had all the answers immediately after.

There are tons of example temperature charts in the book. I have found that real life charts tend to differ much more than in the book, but I guess she needed to make a point.

John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God
John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God
by John Piper
Price: $7.75
46 used & new from $2.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, not what I was expecting, March 18, 2010
This is more of a pamphlet on the highlights of Calvin's teachings. I was hoping for a little more of his life information. Other than that, a good quick read.

The Five Dilemmas of Calvinism
The Five Dilemmas of Calvinism
by Craig R. Brown
26 used & new from $2.08

2.0 out of 5 stars Condescending, pompous, March 18, 2010
Even though I am a Calvinist it is painful to see such an elitist mentality come from a Christian. Continually setting up the opponent for failure almost saying, "Erasmus taught the idiotic belief that people have choice in will, while the great church father Martin Luther graciously taught from the Scriptures instead."

If I wanted to hear that kind of talk, I'll go back to my YouTube account.

Intimate Marriage DVD Collection
Intimate Marriage DVD Collection
DVD ~ Dr. R.C. Sproul
Price: $30.00
2 used & new from $27.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good material, outdated presentation., March 18, 2010
The DVDs are VHS transfers from the 80's. The quality is just above terrible. The DVD is a burned DVD-R (blue bottom) and the case is flimsy and arrived broken.

Other than that, the learning material is great! R.C. Sproul is very digestible even to the new Christians.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2011 7:33 AM PDT

Optoma HD65 720p DLP Home Theater Projector (2008 Model)
Optoma HD65 720p DLP Home Theater Projector (2008 Model)
2 used & new from $325.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed!, March 18, 2010
Great picture, great price. HDMI Port along with component and VGA. Menu is sometimes difficult to work with (you can only make changes if you have a source running into it) and picture adjustments are minimal. Requires a pretty good angle to be viewed perfectly. We have to use a few sheets of paper under the feet to offset the angle of the screen. It's ok, though, it performs perfectly with great quality!