Profile for BlueMoon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BlueMoon "VS" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dragon Age 2 - Xbox 360
Dragon Age 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $29.76
69 used & new from $7.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Its Great "Origins" Feel -- "OK" Game, March 30, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I'm going to start off by saying that I loved the first game. Here are some changes I've noticed. With that said, I had no expectations for the second game because I know the second time around, it's hard to deliver the same magic as the original. I could break down the entire game for you, but I'm only going to give you an overall summary of my adventure as a one "Hawke."

The game is centered around a man telling the story of your adventures as they play out. Fans who enjoyed the different race choices will be disappointed to know that you are only allowed to play as a human, though you can pick your own class in the beginning. You can import a save (though not a character) from Dragon Age: Origins.

Behold, your hero now speaks! And along with conversations are corresponding pictures and colors to let you know just what kind of conversation choice you are selecting. Like Origins, you are allowed to woo your companions (two male and female companions). Don't expect a campfire this time around though; this is something that I very much missed. Apparently in this game the companions were going to feel "like family." I didn't get close to feeling anything about any of the characters, except one. ONE. In order to speak to your companions, you must travel to their houses or bases NO MATTER IF THEY ARE IN YOUR PARTY. Forget the nice campfire atmosphere, at least it was convenient having everyone in one place but now they're all 1-2 loading screens away. I tried to feel something for these people, but they didn't cut it for me.

I'm not sure if I only experienced this, but in *both* games I randomly experienced a spike in difficulty. I started the game on Normal and all of a sudden it was as if I turned the difficulty to "Nightmare". It would be nice to stay on Normal for the whole game for once in these games.

You are allowed to hand *some* weapons over to your party, but only ones that are not specified for you (and almost all are). You are no longer allowed to equip your party with newer armor or robes no matter how superior to their current outfit it may be. You are, however, allowed to upgrade their armor *if* you find the "item" in shops.

The main course: The story... the story wasn't great in my opinion. It could have been so much more epic, and it jumped around main events like a flopping fish that made it feel like everything that happened was for nothing. There was no mention of the past, no sense of accomplishment nor any acknowledgement. In Origins, Ferelden felt like a real world, where every town was intertwined with the story. The quests were so dreadfully boring for me, most of the time I didn't care to know what I was doing, I was just having fun barging through people with my shield. The quests were very forgettable (to say the least) compared to the first game. I loved knowing what end goal I was working toward, with this game you aren't doing anything as epic as fighting darkspawn and becoming the hero of Ferelden.

I'm going to look at this as a bad sequel because Bioware, you can really do better. I'm disappointed.

Overall Recommendation: RENT. If you really want to try it for yourself, rent it. Not worth the full price.

Safari Soft Bristle Brush for Cats, Wood Handle
Safari Soft Bristle Brush for Cats, Wood Handle
Offered by 24hrs Deals
Price: $6.73
23 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Have No Problems With This Brush, March 13, 2011
Works great to brush my short haired kitten, and the quality of the brush doesn't disappoint. Everything you'd expect from a pet grooming brush.

Safari Professional Dog Nail Trimmer, Small/Medium
Safari Professional Dog Nail Trimmer, Small/Medium
Price: $9.66
37 used & new from $6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a Good Job, March 13, 2011
I purchased these for my 3 month old kitten (now 4 mos) and they do the job just fine. They come with a guard to prevent you from cutting off anything you shouldn't, but I don't really use it as it just gets in my way. If you're a bit skittish about cutting their nails though it's a handy addition. They allow for a firm grip, though the most important (and difficult) part is having a good grip on a squirmy cat!

Overall: Very Much Recommended

Black Butler: Sebastian and Ciel SD Metal Key Chain
Black Butler: Sebastian and Ciel SD Metal Key Chain
Offered by Hubbub
Price: $7.78
11 used & new from $3.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Keychain for Fans, February 12, 2011
If you're expecting a trick product, you won't find it here. Keychain came exactly as pictured, and for a BB product I can't find many other places it was a good deal. I was expecting the Ciel and Sebastian charms to be a bit thicker but they're fine as is. The actual keychain clasp is easy to use, and seems sturdy enough.

Overall: Recommended for the BB fan!

Ethical Pet Wide Durable Heavy Gauge Plastic Colorful Springs Cat Toy, 10-Pack
Ethical Pet Wide Durable Heavy Gauge Plastic Colorful Springs Cat Toy, 10-Pack
Price: $4.65
23 used & new from $1.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Bit doubtful at first but..., February 12, 2011
these springs are my kitten's favorite toy now. The good thing about these is that you can leave one or two out and your cat can just push them around and entertain herself without you needing to be there. You can hold a spring in between your fingers (they're small) and let it fly, allowing your cat to run after it. On that note, be prepared to lose one or two of these if you are playing near couches or other furniture where small objects can disappear under.

On a side note, because these springs are small they can get stuck on your cat's paws. Sometimes my kitten can get it off herself but most of the time she needs assistance so watch out for that. Overall, these are great for cats and I highly recommend.

Amazon.com Gift Cards - E-mail Delivery
Amazon.com Gift Cards - E-mail Delivery
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Simple Gift, February 1, 2011
Amazon.com Gift Cards are great last minute gifts or the perfect choice for someone who shops on Amazon regularly. I am one of those people so I can definitely appreciate a gift card like this. You simply enter the amount you wish to send, and Amazon sends an email to whoever you choose via e-mail. It arrived instantly in my inbox. It has options to customize if you're into that as well. Happy gifting.

Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack)
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Like Any Other Soundtrack, May 17, 2010
As a gamer, you're lucky if you come across a game with an amazing soundtrack. The way music affects the experience of a game is remarkable, and this soundtrack mixed with one of the most fun games of 2009 is a real treat. It's not often that I actually hear the music that's playing in the background as I play the game. I don't normally hear the music because they're only made to be fillers, but then there are games such as Final Fantasy X specifically with such exceptional music (courtesy of Nobuo Uematsu and others) and ACII.

I think Jesper Kyd did a wonderful job with this soundtrack. Unlike others, it works with the game to provide such a great experience. In some games if you've noticed, the music seems to be drowned out with the gameplay, action, and whatnot. I'm not sure that I would recommend this soundtrack to someone who hasn't played the game. There is something about experiencing the thrill of adventuring atop rooftops at night with the busy city at work below you, and the magical music playing in the background. If you didn't play the game and enjoyed the soundtrack, please share your thoughts :)

Overall review: Highly Recommend. There are only a few who can make music that transports you to a completely different time.

Namco Museum Vol. 1 (PlayStation)
Namco Museum Vol. 1 (PlayStation)
Offered by mindless entertainment
Price: $49.99
116 used & new from $1.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if You're in the Mood for Some Classics, April 23, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The first time I got into these set of games was when I was 6 or 7. I definitely enjoyed myself with such simple yet entertaining games.

Toy Pop was one of the best games on this disc in my opinion because if you have someone to play with, it's great co-op fun to battle through evil toys to get to the evil witch at the end. With other games like Pac-Man, Rally-X, New Rally-X (fast driving, dodge enemies game), Galaga, Dig Dug, and Pole Position make this an incredible starter pack for any child or adult if you're going for simple.

Simple is the key word here, so if you're trying to compare these games to current ones of course they're not going to compare. They came out more than 30 years ago. Are you still using the same computer you used 10 even 15 years ago? How many times have you changed? Everything evolves, especially technology. The technology back then was limited, and there were only simple ways to express these pieces of art but for its era it was fantastic.

I'm planning on buying *another copy*, just in case. :) Buy it or not, reader, I don't mind. If it's your choice to pass up a chance to look at another part of the foundation of video games then that's your choice; no questions asked. If you have an open mind, then you're going to have a blast.

When the gaming is over, I loved going to the actual museum in the game and seeing memorabilia of some of the games in there like Pac-Man. What you'll find to play is mostly: racing, dodging, digging, shooting, and dot eating.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helped you decide. If so please rate so I can improve as a reviewer :)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Game of the Year Edition
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $22.99
204 used & new from $2.57

5.0 out of 5 stars No Token - But 'Lots of Fun, March 4, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As previously mentioned, the GOTY version of CoD4 no longer includes a token with your purchase for whatever reasons. At the time I bought this however, it was at $26.99 from $49.99. That is an amazing deal for a greater, older game and to find it new. The map pack only costs $10.00 so it was still a bargain.

Aside from that, the actual game is worth whatever cost it is at the time. If you have yet to venture into the Call of Duty series and are thinking of trying out MW2, I strongly suggest buying this game first. This game has the basics. It's simple, clean and most of all a lot of fun. The Single Player is a great experience, although short, but that allows you to move onto the sweet spot of CoD4: the multiplayer. The maps in this game were designed perfectly, allowing fluid movement through obstacles and buildings. You get to create your own clan tag online, customize weapons with skins and unlock weapon attachments. There is a limited amount of weapons but enough to keep one satisfied. There are various modes such as Team Deathmatch, Headquarters, Capture The Flag, Search + Destroy (personal favorite), Hardcore TDM, Sabotage and many more to keep you entertained.

I gave it 4 stars for fun because, with all games, they have their issues. Playing this game online can get frustrating at times if you are playing to only win win win. In that case I suggest finding a buddy or two to play with who's great at the game as well. Others may have no problem losing a game or two and have fun either way. So to even it out, I gave it 4 stars.

I've been playing this game since it came out and I still enjoy it and play it over its sequel, MW2. It has a very high replay value so you'll be getting your money's worth. That's my basic overview of this game, I hope you don't pass up the chance of experiencing this great game first hand.

Microsoft Zune HD Stylish Faux Leather Case (BLACK)
Microsoft Zune HD Stylish Faux Leather Case (BLACK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great If You're Looking To Save a Buck or Two, January 14, 2010
I must admit I was very doubtful of this case and whether it'd end up being of use to me. However I wanted to save a few bucks instead of going with more expensive cases and gave this a try.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I Like:

- Provides Clip-on to ensure security and portability
- The button clasp goes to the back and not the front so it doesn't damage the screen
- It looks very stylish, not cheap. (See pictures I uploaded)
- It's easy to access all the Zune HD controls.
- There is a small slit in the cover in the inside flap where you can store a small, important piece of paper. This is all I recommend you using it for as using a credit card for example could quite possibly damage the screen.

And speaking of damaging the screen...

What I Don't Like:

- The case does not provide full protection of the Zune HD minus the front flap. If it's not closed, your Zune HD will still be vulnerable to scratches and dents.
- The material *feels* soft but also cheap. If it were to get some serious scratching I fear that would be the end for this case.

For [...] (1/14/2010) this is a great case. I'm certain it'd protect my beloved Zune HD against any scratches so long as the flap is closed. The actual case seems to be made of cardboard and although the little padding can provide some protection, it won't do much if you drop it. If you want a sturdier case (and peace of mind) I suggest going with something more expensive (what case can really protect against that though?). But if you're just looking for something simple that covers the Zune HD and offers some protection then this is quite the deal. So far, I'm very pleased with this case and would highly recommend it for the price.
Comment Comment | Permalink