Profile for C. Day > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 208

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Day "Charski" RSS Feed (Central Coastal CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dark Jamaican Rum Liquor Quik Essence
Dark Jamaican Rum Liquor Quik Essence
Offered by Home Brew Ohio
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I reallly like this product but you have to know what you're ..., July 1, 2014
I reallly like this product but you have to know what you're buying here or you'll be disappointed! This is a very small bottle which contains a concentrated rum essence. You're supposed to mix this into a 750ml bottle of alcohol of your choice. I've done it in plain vodka, coconut vodka, and Everclear. Any of those work great and give you a nice rum-flavored alcoholic beverage!

This is NOT meant to be used to drink right from the tiny bottle, so be aware when purchasing.

I was able to buy 2 cases of Cupcake Vodka on a closeout at Trader Joe's for $3/bottle so add this little essence to it and it makes a nice bottle of golden rum for not much money!

Viva Labs Premium Non-GMO Vitamin-C with Bioflavonoids and Rose Hips, 1000 mg, 250 Vegetarian Capsules
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $12.95
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in Scotland, not in China, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This vitamin C product has a lot going for it, not the least of which is that it is NOT made in China! I all but refuse to consume products, or feed them to my pets, if they say "made in China" on them anywhere.

I have only begun taking this Vitamin C in place of the one I had been purchasing at Costco, so can't say that I've noticed any great difference as of now - but I like that it's non-soy, has bioflavonoids, and hopefully the rose hips won't cause me any gastric distress - have had some in the past that caused - um - to put it nicely, flatulence. So far so good with this product.

I take vitamin C twice daily, once in my multivitamin at night and once in the morning as a separate dose. Knock on wood, I have not had a single cold-related sniffle in YEARS. Not sure how much of the credit goes to the vitamin C but since I'm over 60 now - I figure it surely can't hurt!

MarBlue Slim Hybrid Standing Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", Black
MarBlue Slim Hybrid Standing Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", Black
Price: $34.99
14 used & new from $26.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and seems like good protection. Great viewing angles allowed., June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is actually nicer than I anticipated. My Kindle Fire 8.9" HDX slipped into the cover perfectly. The corners seem as if they would protect the device fairly well in the event of a drop, and the cover shuts positively although takes a small effort to get it to do so.

I like that you can stand it up either vertically (which I like in the kitchen to view my recipes while I cook) and horizontally (great for viewing pictures or watching videos) and that it's pretty much nonslip.

The only reason I dinged off one star is because it arrived with some of the finish rubbed off one of the cover closures. I took a black permanent marker to the exposed silver color, which corrected the visual at least, but it's disappointing to receive a brand-new item that is predinged for you!

Remington F3-3900B Rechargeable Foil with Pivot and Flex Technology
Remington F3-3900B Rechargeable Foil with Pivot and Flex Technology
Price: $23.62
49 used & new from $17.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is questionable, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Got this for my husband as a backup to his old Remington shaver, which is similarly shaped - but that's where the similarities seem to stop. This is very lightweight and appears to be cheaply made (in China of course) and I'm not sure it's gonna hold up over the long haul. Doesn't seem to hold a charge anywhere near as long as the old one does either.

I guess as a backup in the event of a catastrophic failure of the old tried-n-true Remington, this will at least suffice long enough to buy something of better quality.

TEKTON 37525 12-3/4-Inch Groove Joint Pliers
TEKTON 37525 12-3/4-Inch Groove Joint Pliers
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! a real QUALITY pair of Joint Pliers, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
HEAVY duty pliers! These should last at least the rest of my lifetime and maybe well into my stepson's too. Definitely take a little getting used to in order to set the jaws where you want, but once you do, they are NEVER gonna slip. Nice quality tool, including the coated handles, which is a great addition to the toolbox for those jobs requiring heavy-duty grip and torque.

Dark Jamaican Rum
Dark Jamaican Rum

5.0 out of 5 stars KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Dark Jamaican Rum
You need to KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING here - it's a tiny little bottle of rum ESSENSE, as the label states. You add this little bottle to a 750ml bottle of plain or coconut vodka to make a tasty beverage. THAT is where the alcohol comes from not from the essence itself.

The description on this product could be more clear about its usage, for sure. It DOES make a tasty drink though, once mixed up. If you want it more like a 151 rum, use a 750ml bottle of Everclear.

Teva Women's Original Universal Sandal
Teva Women's Original Universal Sandal
Price: $20.00 - $79.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Teva, where have you been all my (adult) life?, June 26, 2014
I bought a pair of these on sale at a local sporting goods store. I have this problem with "curly toes" which means that the pinky toes on both feet want to curl under their next door neighbor - and THOSE toes also curl slightly towards the middle toe.

Therefore, I really need a wide toe box on a close shoe OR flip flops - I could never find a non-thong-type sandal where the straps would not pull against those pinky toes.

WELL. The Original Universal has changed all that! The straps at the pinky toes hit just about at the base of the toe which is not at all bothersome for me. I can walk quite a long while in these (once they're "broken in") without any issues.

The only minor complaint I have with these shoes is that the surface that supports the sole of your foot is textured, so it took my foot a bit of "toughening up" before they were fully comfortable to wear for extended time but now that my footsies are used to them - they're very happy!

I like the strap across the back which keeps them from making that "flip/flop" noise that thong sandals have. I can be in stealth mode now when sneaking up on those surf perch at the beach!

Light Tackle Surf Perch
Light Tackle Surf Perch
Price: $2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT info!, June 26, 2014
WELL worth the small amount I paid for this for my Kindle. I'm a rank beginner and I got so much good information including what type of gear to buy and how to use it. Money well spent.

The Black Series Portable Air Compressor
The Black Series Portable Air Compressor
Offered by LA Closeout Warehouse
Price: $18.00
6 used & new from $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Returning it tomorrow!, May 28, 2014
Bought this at Grocery Outlet today for $9.99. Didn't have high hopes and wasn't disappointed! :) Unwrapped the DC cord, which was just adequate to reach the back tires on my little Ford Focus hatchback, unwrapped the very short air hose, plugged it into the DC outlet in the console, turned it on - it fired right up. Shut it off, unscrewed the cap from the tire valve, put the hose filler clip on, turned it on - NOTHING. Undid the clip, tried the power switch again, still nothing. Fine Chinese junk. Tomorrow I'll take it back to Grocery Outlet and get my ten bucks back.

Too bad, it's a cute little thing that wouldn't have taken up much trunk space, and I like the blue color, but no go.

Vivitar ViviCam X029 10.1 MP 2.4-in Screen with 4x Zoom Digital Camera (Silver)
Vivitar ViviCam X029 10.1 MP 2.4-in Screen with 4x Zoom Digital Camera (Silver)
Offered by The Sly Shop
Price: $48.99
9 used & new from $8.50

1.0 out of 5 stars This camera plainly sucks, May 24, 2014
I bought this for my stepmother a couple years back for Christmas. About that time, she started exhibiting signs of senile dementia, and couldn't figure the camera out AT ALL, even though I showed her how to use it a couple times. Finally my Dad gave it back to me a couple months ago.

I thought, great, I'll keep this in the kitchen to take shots of food items to post on a forum I enjoy.

NO way can you get anything useful from this thing! I've tried and tried and every picture comes out blurry, no matter what it may have looked like on the screen before pressing the shutter release button.

I've used digital cameras for YEARS now, including many point and shoot types as well as a nice DSLR. This thing is just plain awful. Honestly, my MUCH bigger, MUCH older Olympus 4.0 megapixel dinosaur behemoth, which I think I purchased around 2002, runs CIRCLES around this thing.

Not sure what I'll do with it. Might just offer it up on Freecycle for someone to give to their 4 year old to play with. Really disappointed in this one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20