Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for MangaReader > Reviews

Browse

MangaReader's Profile

Customer Reviews: 95

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MangaReader "ownstoomanybooks" RSS Feed (Land of the Palm Trees (USA))

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
The Woman Who Swallowed a Toothbrush and Other Bizarre Medical Cases
The Woman Who Swallowed a Toothbrush and Other Bizarre Medical Cases
by Rob Myers
103 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting medical cases!!, November 18, 2008
I have been reading & searching for medical stories. This is one of the best I've read so far.

There are many stories that are interesting. It's like reading Chicken Soup for the Medical Stories if there was such a thing! (they did make, "Chicken Soup for the Nursing Soul, if you liked that you should like this one too) Real interesting that left me wanting more!!! It is very well written and each story is just about complete leaving you satisfied. It's amazing what humans will do to themselves and get to the doctors to fix it.

If you want more like it, read "Confessions of Emergency Room Doctors".

It's great for everyone including those in the medical profession.

Line Rider 2: Unbound - Nintendo DS
Line Rider 2: Unbound - Nintendo DS
Offered by Bear999com
Price: $6.99
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected fun!!, November 18, 2008
I bought this game for my two boys because I recall seeing them playing this game on the PC. It looked cool. They were excited when they found out I got it.

I decided to try it out myself as I am a gamer with my own Nintendo DS. I was immediately drawn into this game! You draw lines for the rider to ride on to get from beginning to end. Lines are drawn in certain areas but in any direction you want and in 3 speeds to pick from.

This game is so unique from other games I've played that I LOVED it alot. To me it's like experimenting with gravity and the way the rider will go. There is no other game like it. I think it takes special people to like this game. More like puzzle & strategy type of a game with lots of thinking and re-trying.

LOVE IT!! Can't say enough of it. I hope they come out with Line Rider 3. I'll have to try Line Rider 1 on the PC but I'm sure it isn't the same as playing on the DS.

By the way the boys (8 and 10 yrs old) love it as well.

Genuine Electrolux Intensity Vacuum Bag EL206A - 6 bags, 1 motor filter
Genuine Electrolux Intensity Vacuum Bag EL206A - 6 bags, 1 motor filter
Price: $11.98
17 used & new from $7.54

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the bags for your Intensity Vacuum., October 27, 2008
I compared prices as to where I should buy the bags for this vacuum. Other than buying from the Amazon Marketplace Sellers which seems to be less than a dollar, not including shipping, Amazon is the cheapest place with free shipping if you throw other stuff in your cart to make $25.00 to qualify for the free shipping. I did that. I buy items from Amazon anyway and I threw in the bags. Works out great.

I just got them in the mail pretty quickly and they are just right for the vacuum. Unfortuately the bags don't last long. The vacuum fills it up pretty quickly.

Togari, Vol. 1
Togari, Vol. 1
by Yoshinori Natsume
33 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good horror, October 26, 2008
This review is from: Togari, Vol. 1 (Paperback)
I've only read volume 1 of Togari. I will continue to read the whole series which is 8 volumes long. I will revise my review later.

I won't waste space describing what the story is about since that's already said in the reviews.

For now, the first volume so far reminds me of the Variante series. If you like Variante, you will like this. They both are the same type of horror and killing with some gory in it. The artwork is pretty good, clear and easy to look at. I like the storyline as well. It gets me interested to see what happens next...

I like it so far that I will read the other volumes.

Update: November 6, 2008. Finished all 8 volumes of Togari. It is very good, well written & drawn. The ending was a bit abrupt, not what I expected but nevertheless good. It's a good series to read, a page turner!

Bee Game - Nintendo DS
Bee Game - Nintendo DS
11 used & new from $19.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Platformer game for kids!, October 24, 2008
I got it for my kids awhile back and it had been awhile since they played and I thought I'd try it to see if I want to sell it as I was going through their DS game collections. My son did say that he liked it though.

Just so you know, I am an adult gamer as well. The minute I went in to play, I knew I liked it right away. It reminds me something like Super Mario Bro where it is a platformer, in 2D, and it's a side scroller where you go one direction and pick up or collect things along the way. I like those type of games.

There is an easy, medium and hard mode to choose from. Also you get to choose two characters. The boy or girl bee. The graphics are vibrant in colors and sharp. There is no stylus usage in the normal play. In the mini-games there might be. In between levels, I had to play a small mini-game and that required a stylus but it's mainly a button game. (again, just like Super Mario Bros.)

The only downside so far is that if you die during a level, you have to start that level all over again from the beginning and re-collect everything. You can still pass a level even if you didn't collect everything which is good.

Update! I've beat the game! Now it's time for me to pass it on. It was a great play! Now it's your turn...

Solanin
Solanin
by Inio Asano
Price: $15.29
62 used & new from $7.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good slow moving story..., October 17, 2008
This review is from: Solanin (Paperback)
Solanin's artwork drew me in. The artwork is pleasant to look at. Fine lines and crisp art.

The story starts off slowly with the girl and her boyfriend living together in Tokyo, Japan. We watch how they deal with life and what they want to do.

I won't spoil the story for you. I thought it was a good read. It's a relaxing book to read on your down time. The ending was good, it left me satisfied.

It was worth a buy. I wasn't sure when I bought it whether I'd like it or not but I could tell by the summary of the story that it was going to be interesting. (and it was)

I gave it four stars because I thought it was a good story, while it wasn't excellent, it didn't have that "wow" factor.

Margot's Word Brain - Nintendo DS
Margot's Word Brain - Nintendo DS
Offered by Fuuun Shop
Price: $6.46
66 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I agree with the reviews..., October 8, 2008
I agree with the reviews. I won't go into it in detail since the others did that already but I'll give out my opinion. I love word puzzles and was very excited to get this game.

I was disappointed in the variety. Clicking on a letter sometimes doesn't register, thus losing time on the timed game. I went through some games and lost interest.

There are other better word games out there. MUCH BETTER!!! Save your money and get my favorite one, Word Jong or My Word Coach or Spelling Challenges.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2008 10:24 PM PST

Variante VOL 04 {Mature}
Variante VOL 04 {Mature}
by Iqura Sugimoto
21 used & new from $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A good horror Sci-Fi manga!, September 28, 2008
The Variante series has 4 volumes. It is a horror science-fiction with some suspense. The artwork is excellent which is what drew me in reading it.

The storyline is great that I couldn't stop reading it page after page!! I loved the series! (I am a female adult.)

If you like ES, Akira, Battle Royale and Parasyte, you'll like this. It is rated M for violence, mild gory and mild top nudity.

The last volume got me wondering what did it mean. I won't spoil the story so I won't elaborate what happened at the end. But I did like the ending but still it left me a bit confused...

Anyway, it's a great read!

Metro Survive Volume 1 (v. 1)
Metro Survive Volume 1 (v. 1)
by Yuki Fujisawa
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good art and story!, September 22, 2008
This series is complete only at 2 volumes making it a great short series!

The artwork is great and it draws you in the story pretty much right away.

I won't spoil the story at all. It's about people surviving the earthquake and finding a way to survive. I liked the ending.

If you like Dragon Head manga series, you will like this. The story has the same idea where they are stuck below in the subway of the trains and finding a way to survive. Except in Dragon Head, they are kids and the series goes for 10 volumes long.

7 Wonders of the Ancient World 2 - PC
7 Wonders of the Ancient World 2 - PC
Offered by RarePCGames
Price: $4.75
23 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel to the first!, September 15, 2008
I am an adult gamer. I have 7 Wonders of the Ancient World for the Nintendo DS. I loved it so much that I wanted more. The only option I had was to buy 7 Wonders of the Ancient World 2 for the PC version.

I'm not used to the large picture of the 7 Wonders versus on my tiny DS screen. It's a big difference and the graphics are beautiful on the PC. The game is similar to the DS one.

The only difference between the DS and PC version I noticed is that with the PC version, I am able to click on the matching gems while they are disappearing elsewhere. With the DS version, I have to wait until the matching sets disappear and everything is settled before I can click on another gem to match.

Beautiful game with excellent graphics. Great re-play value! This game is just so soothing and fun to play for all ages.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10