Profile for G. Thompson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

G. Thompson RSS Feed (Missouri, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
MultiCam OCP T-Shirt (Medium)
MultiCam OCP T-Shirt (Medium)
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $26.49
13 used & new from $26.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a medium should - a little snug - and great fabric, April 11, 2014
This review is from: Rothco MultiCam T-Shirt (Apparel)
This is actually a better quality shirt than what I imagined when I ordered it. I'm very pleased with the fabric thickness, stitching, and sizing of the size medium I ordered. I like things to be a little bit snug and somewhat form fitting for an athletic torso, and this fits that purpose exactly the way I wish every size medium would.

Drago gear Tracker Backpack Tan
Drago gear Tracker Backpack Tan
Offered by Tactical Intent
Price: $50.88
21 used & new from $40.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Tan Color Is Much Better Than It Looks In The Photo, February 26, 2014
I would have never bought this Drago bag had I not seen it first in a gun shop because the tan color here in the product photo on Amazon is WAY too light (overexposed photo) and does not properly represent the actual color of the bag, which is a dark tan - very similar to flat dark earth (FDE). If you happen to have any mags or guns colored in FDE this will match very well.

I love this color and the bag itself is excellent! I also have a Sitka Gearslinger by Maxpedition and for the price comparison, I can see how it would be very tempting to choose this over the Sitka. However I will still carry the Sitka as my car emergency bag, especially because I think it can handle a concealed handgun better due to the velcro area in the part that touches up against your back when carrying. I can fit 3 mags and a Glock 26 in there wonderfully.

But this Drago bag will be great for light trips outside to explore the countryside without the burden of loading myself down with a full 72 Hour Rush pack.

Hazard 4 forward Observer SLR Padded Camera Bag with Molle, Black
Hazard 4 forward Observer SLR Padded Camera Bag with Molle, Black
Price: $52.88
6 used & new from $52.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Will fit Canon 1dx pro body but ONLY with 40mm pancake lens attached or nothing, January 23, 2014
From what I can see, there are only 2 small molle compatible camera bags out there - this one from Hazard 4 and Condor's molle camera bag. I bought both in search of the one that would best suit my needs of a small, "rough and ready" camera bag I could take out into bad terrain OR on a nice walk outside and not be loaded down with a lot of extra weight and "stuff" hanging off of me.

Both bags will work, but the problem with the Condor bag is its just too tall and kinda big and a little too floppy. However this Forward Observer from Hazard 4 is the PERFECT size... sort of. It will fit my Canon 1Dx pro body, but ONLY if there are no lenses attached (which is useless when walking around or hiking) OR only if you attach a super small lens such as the Canon 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens. So there is a big tradeoff there, but it is one I'm willing to make in certain situations since I've often used the 40mm pancake to make some great images while traveling. You just won't be able to attach anything more substantial.

I also got the Hazard 4 jelly roll lens case, which attaches to the side of the Forward Observer perfectly, leaving both the same height in one nice neat little package. So if I wanted to carry a more substantial lens around, I'd attach the jelly roll, put it in there, and then carry the 40mm pancake lens on the camera as the quick and dirty go-to lens.

How I would make this Hazard 4 Forward Observer bag the most absolute perfect molle camera bag ever, would be to extend out the front a little, so I can set the Canon 1dx body upright (as if it were sitting on a table) but allow enough frontal room where a decent 50mm lens could be maintained and tightly fit against the front cushion. This would create some extra wiggle room space beside the lens and since each lens varies so much in size, I understand it would be difficult for the designer of this bag to find any happy medium. And besides, guys getting this bag who have 1D pro bodies are probably not the main market for this bag. If I still had a Canon Rebel T3i or something like that, this would be even more suited.

Calico Jack Tactical Patch - Black by Gadsden and Culpeper
Calico Jack Tactical Patch - Black by Gadsden and Culpeper
Offered by Tactical Supply®
Price: $4.69
2 used & new from $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great patch - exactly like the picture, January 21, 2014
This is a great quality patch with velcro on the back. Personally I've got it attached to my molle compatible iPad case from Condor, which goes on the outside of my Maxpedition travel bag. Looks great

Molle Triple Kangaroo Mag Pouch--Black
Molle Triple Kangaroo Mag Pouch--Black
Offered by Compulsive, Inc.
Price: $19.21
18 used & new from $19.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Condor makes great quality stuff, January 21, 2014
The maker of this on Amazon says "Generic" but what I received was a Condor brand Kangaroo pouch - and I'm very happy about that because I have a lot of Condor stuff and it has never let me down. The designs are always top notch, even if the material isn't 1000D Cordura nylon like some other companies.

Anyway, this is exactly the type of mag pouch many in military and law enforcement use to strap on the front of their ballistic plate carriers. In my case, I have a Shellback Tactical Banshee plate carrier and with this on the front I have perfect access to both Magpul PMAGs as well as my Glock mags.

Gunslick Brass Benchrest Jag (.22 Caliber)
Gunslick Brass Benchrest Jag (.22 Caliber)
Price: $10.29
3 used & new from $2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong jag - much better than Hoppes cleaning kit jag, January 21, 2014
My original 22 jag broke when cleaning out an old match grade 22 rifle - snapped right in half, proving it to be a piece of junk. So then I went online and ordered this Gunslick jag, hoping it to be much higher quality - and it is! This jag actually feels like full solid metal, as opposed to my other so-called "brass" jag which had a weak core. I really don't think this one will snap on me and look forward to using it for a long time to come.

Hazard 4 Jelly Roll Lens/Scope/Bottle Padded Case with Molle, Black
Hazard 4 Jelly Roll Lens/Scope/Bottle Padded Case with Molle, Black
Price: $25.58
17 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just BARELY fits a Canon 70-200 f/2.8 with mounting ring, January 21, 2014
The main reason I got this was because it was a molle compatible padded lens case that looked like it could fit the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 lens based on how it appeared in the photos. I was pretty sure it could fit the lens, but whether it would fit the lens while mounted with the metal ring tripod mount was another story. Well, I'm happy to say it DOES fit with the metal ring mount but just barely. You have to stretch the sides of the case a little to get it all in there, but it does and zips up just fine.

The molle straps on the back were a welcome delight as some companies do not include ANY way to strap it to molle (I'm looking at YOU, Maxpedition with your awful tac-ties and Blackhawk! with your annoying speed clips) Companies like Hazard 4 and Condor seem to be good about having the proper molle straps to hook it on as intended. Personally I've got this strapped on the side of a black Condor Molle Camera Bag and may order a Hazard 4 Forward Observer just to give it a try and see if it's any better.

One thing you can't tell from the photo is this Jelly Roll comes with a little padded "door" that swings back and forth to cover up the top of the opening, which I could see would be very helpful if carrying a smaller lens. However, for the full size Canon 70-200, you will need to detach the little padded door and put it aside, because that lens will need all the room it can get. All in all, a great product from Hazard 4.

Molle LARGE Utility Accessory Mag Pouch-BLACK
Molle LARGE Utility Accessory Mag Pouch-BLACK
Offered by Compulsive, Inc.
Price: $11.84
12 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! Fits my full size iPad including case, January 10, 2014
I wanted something that would fit my full size iPad inside of its leather case that I would be able to molle attach to whatever travel bag I was currently using. Well Condor does it again with another great design. All I have to do is put the iPad in there, buckle it down and then strap the pouch onto my bag using the built in molle straps. I am SO GLAD Condor is smart and puts the molle straps on the bag itself, unlike Maxpedition who wants you to buy their stupid tac-ties or the dumb Blackhawk speed clips - none of which are as good as plain simple nylon molle straps like Condor puts on all their stuff.

Bencore Black Ventec Tactical Goggle - Life-Time Warranty
Bencore Black Ventec Tactical Goggle - Life-Time Warranty
Offered by Campers Haven
Price: $8.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Great style, bad function for cold weather, January 10, 2014
I definitely give these goggles a lot of cool points for the style factor. But as soon as I strapped them on to go outside and shovel snow, they fogged up on me immediately and got wet with condensation on the inside, forcing me to remove them just to be able to see decently.

So the next time I decided to acclimate them to the cold first, but pretty much the same thing happened all over again. These may work fine in the summer to stop wind, but I would not recommend them for cold weather activity. However I will say that if the lenses are clear, you can see quite well even despite the dark tint to the lenses, even indoors.

Maxpedition Dual Mag Ret Insert Blk
Maxpedition Dual Mag Ret Insert Blk
Price: $9.99
23 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mag retention for my Sitka Gearslinger s-type, January 10, 2014
This is a very simple device as you can see from the photo. Basically it attaches to the Velcro that Maxpedition includes in many of their packs. In my case, I use it in my Sitka Gearslinger S-type on the inside wall of the large pocket that would be touching my back when wearing the pack. Got my Glock 26 in there too with another mag, bringing me to a total of 3 mags plus one in the pistol. Do I need that many bullets? I hope not, but it sure does feel good to be that prepared in case the worst ever happens.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6