Profile for W. Wong > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Wong RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Pyle-Pro PWMA930I 600 Watt VHF Wireless Portable PA System/Echo with iPod Dock
Pyle-Pro PWMA930I 600 Watt VHF Wireless Portable PA System/Echo with iPod Dock
Price: $168.99
55 used & new from $134.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Hissing noise, do not buy, May 19, 2009
I own a pwma230. It works quite well except it does not seem to be as loud as 200W. So when the pwma930i was available, I recommended it to my church which bought one from mail order. I also bought one for myself through Amazon. Both units made a fairly loud hissing noise even when the volume was turned way down and there was no input. The units also made humming noise when AC was used. Being an engineer myself, I believe the noise is either due to poor design (some kind of cross-talk), or poor workmanship. I sent an email to Pyle Audio, and there was no answer. I would not recommend this product unless the problem is fixed.

I asked Amazon to replace my unit. Without a surprise the replacement unit exhibited the same hissing noise and AC hum. I returned the church unit to Pyle for repair. The hissing noise was reduced somewhat, but was still fairly loud, kind of barely usable. I decided to hold onto my second unit, to give the factory some time to fix a design problem.

I sent my second unit in for repair when my 1-year warranty was almost up. You know what? I received a PWMA-230 back instead. The service department of Pyle Audio must be half asleep. I will continue to report what is going on. Basically, this is a very low quality company, both in its products and in its service.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2013 6:05 AM PDT