Profile for Fodder > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Fodder RSS Feed

Omega Men's 2222.80.00 Seamaster 300M Chronometer
Omega Men's 2222.80.00 Seamaster 300M Chronometer
Offered by AKEBONO
Price: $2,629.75
21 used & new from $2,591.66

5.0 out of 5 stars great watches, August 17, 2014
Not sure what some people are on about. Got one of these through Amazon a couple of years ago. Unfortunately i dropped it on a tiled floor, it damaged the crown and dislodged the hair spring. Sent it to omega, they repaired it at my expense and then gave me an omega warranty on the repair. Been flawless ever since. I would have no qualms about getting another high end watch from Amazon. Even with the cost of the repair it was still cheaper then i could find it in the local places

Laza Zcell 3460mah HTC Evo 3D Extended Battery + Cover
Laza Zcell 3460mah HTC Evo 3D Extended Battery + Cover
Offered by laza
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, exceptional product., February 24, 2014
Having had an EVO v 4g virgin phone for well over a year and was about ready for an upgrade, it hit me that I was perfectly happy with this phone, it works, is still quick enough and does everything that I need a,smartphone to do. The battery on the other hand was terrible. Moderate use and dead by midday. Thought for 20 odd bucks and all the positive reviews the laza cell was worth a try. Can now go two days without needing to charge, it just lasts and lasts. The trade off is a bit of an ugly lump on the back and more weight, but it still fits in my pocket easily and let's face it this HTC phone was never going to win any beauty pageants anyway. The cover seems well made and fits great. All the buttons working as should. Really breathed new life into my old handset so will probably hang onto it for another year now. 48 hours since charging and still at 35%. What more could you ask for.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 - Full Version
Microsoft Windows 8.1 - Full Version
Offered by Technology Galaxy
Price: $125.61
57 used & new from $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars short learning curve, January 13, 2014
Its radically different from any previous windows. New laptop with it pre installed, did not like it for about five minutes. Spent an hour getting to know my way around it and I can honestly say it is better then any windows that has gone before. It helps that the new laptop has a touchscreen. This is probably the future for PC based OS and I for one applaud Microsoft for daring to move out the box with this one. Its fast, stable, secure and very intuitive once you learn to leave the old windows methods behind. Play with it, spend some time with it and it all becomes clear.

Toshiba Satellite C55T-A5370 15.6-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (2.4 GHz Intel Core i3-3110M Processor, 4GB DIMM, 500GB HDD, Windows 8) Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mid priced machine, January 13, 2014
Wanted a laptop with HDMI out, an optical drive and a half decent cpu .Hard drives and memory are easily upgraded down the road. Never really used windows 8 or a laptop with a touchscreen before as my last one was windows 7, so after checking them out and being happy with my last mid priced machine, also a Toshiba, this one looked about right. It works great, windows 8.1 was about an hour of learning curve and I am also happy I paid a little extra for the touchscreen version. Swiping, dragging and selecting have never been easier. Its fast, quiet and well put together. Battery life is also good. Windows 8 was a breeze to get up and running despite all the bad press. I guess its because people do not give themselves time to figure it out, it is a massive difference from any previous windows. I personally applaud Microsoft for making an OS for modern machines that is fast, slick, less resource hungry, stable and secure.
Does all I expected of it and more. Money well spent for me.

Update. Still working great 6 months later, but internet explorer 11 which comes installed on this machine is a very hit and miss affair. Would just hang up web pages and stop altogether on a regular basis. Installed google chrome as my default browser, now harmony is restored.

TII 220 Ground Loop Isolator for Cable TV applications
TII 220 Ground Loop Isolator for Cable TV applications
Offered by Home Networking Depot - Broadband Premise
Price: $21.57
3 used & new from $18.25

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, January 5, 2014
Sub woofer was humming so much i couldn't really enjoy my home theater system. Found that when i disconnected my cable from the cable box the humming disappeared. Didnt matter if i disconnected the cable box HDMI from the receiver or was watching a blu ray, as long as the cable was connected the hum was there. Put this device directly on the back of the cable box and attached the cable. couldnt be happier with my hum free system. Great product, great price, no more frustration.

Onkyo HT-S3500 660 Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package
Onkyo HT-S3500 660 Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker/Receiver Package
Price: $299.99
13 used & new from $195.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Wont find better for the money., October 22, 2013
Having previously had a decent Home theater system, I was looking for something inexpensive to complement the new TV in the new house. Wanted something with a receiver that didn't have a blu-ray player built in as most of them do at this price point. Looked on Amazon and read the reviews, took the plunge on this system. Easy set up, using my own pre installed speaker wires. Set the speaker distances from the receiver and tweaked the dB levels on the individual speakers to my liking from my couch, all easily done with the on screen menus and supplied remote. I wasn't expecting to be blown away as it is at the budget end but I was pleasantly surprised by how room filling, sharp and dynamic it can be. Have it hooked to a PS3 via HDMI with the playstations sound output set to auto. It will stream netflix in dolby+ 5.1 (non existent on my old receiver) and games in PCM 5.1. it seems to handle and decode every type of digital surround signal the playstation can throw at it. To me this is a big deal as on my old receiver (twice the price of this for the receiver alone) I had to set the PS3 HDMI sound output to manual and set it up to what my receiver could decode, a pain. The receiver looks like a much more expensive unit and obviously has its limitations but I really couldn't be happier with this purchase, especially on a budget.

Nikon Coolpix S9300 16.0 MP Digital Camera - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by PlatinumBuys
Price: $274.99
22 used & new from $69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Nikon, April 19, 2012
Being a happy user of Nikon dSLR's and also my camera of choice for most stuff, there are still certain benefits in a good compact. My last compact being an olympus, which was a very disappointing experience. All the nikons I have owned in the past have always had a good build quality so that's what swung it for this one. When I purchased this camera it was brand new to the market so there was limited reviews but mostly positive. The Lumix zs20 nearly got my money as it is also a fantastic compact with similar spec but i'm a sucker for the nikon brand so I took the plunge. First impressions were that it is smaller then I expected, which is a good thing to me as that is the point of a compact right. The build quality seems good as do the ergonomics. Have taken a few hundred shots with it and am very impressed. Low light shots are particularly good with very low noise. The 18 x zoom is silent, quick and very smooth with decent optics, my only complaint being that at the maximum reaches and the camera being so small it is hard to hold steady enough for a sharp image but that is probably the issue on any small camera with a long lens. Great glove box or travel camera that can be recharged from anything with a USB. Very pleased with it so far.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2013 8:54 AM PDT

Dual XR4110 In-Dash MP3, WMA, AM/FM Receiver with Front Panel USB, SD Card, and 3.5mm Aux Inputs (Gray)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible unit, July 26, 2010
Was looking for a cheap unit to put in my off road vehicle and thought the price, no mechanicals, SD card and Aux input was exactly what I was looking for. Install was a breeze, everthing worked as advertised with no problems playing the media from a full 8gb SD card. The problem for me is that it sounded terrible with really bad clipping and distortion even at reasonable volume. I didn't expect much as it is a low end unit with ony 15w per channel but for me the sound quality was unnaceptable.