Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Wing > Reviews

Browse

Wing's Profile

Customer Reviews: 103

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wing RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Vermont Smoke & Cure Mini Turkey Sticks Go Pack, Antibiotic Free, Gluten Free, Uncured Pepperoni, .5oz Stick, 6 Count
Offered by Vermont Smoke & Cure
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, July 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are a healthier alternative to regular pepperoni sticks, and while they don't quite have the oomph of regular pepperoni sticks they're still tasty. They're definitely less greasy. These have 35 calories vs. 55 for a regular stick, and 1.5g of fat compared to 4g for a regular stick (that's figuring a 0.5oz serving). They do have a nice spicy flavor that you expect from pepperoni. They are individually wrapped and would make a nice way to take some protein along on a hike or other excursion.

Milkman's Royal milk tea 260g
Milkman's Royal milk tea 260g
Offered by SAMURAI Shop
Price: $8.99
18 used & new from $7.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, July 15, 2016
I used to live in Japan and drank Kirin Afternoon Tea often during mid-day breaks. Unfortunately I cannot find Kirin Afternoon Tea in the States (I don't think they sell it in powdered form). However, this is a very close substitute. The flavor and aroma take me back to my relaxing afternoon breaks in Japan.

Farm-direct: 100% Kona Coffee, Single Serve for Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 10 Count, Full-City Roast
Offered by BLUE HORSE KONA COFFEE
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Coffee, Terrible Cups, July 15, 2016
The coffee was great. However, most of the cups failed in some way. Several clogged my machine to the point that it stopped brewing and gave me an error message. This did not damage my machine but it was a hassle to take it apart and unclog/clean it. Other cups completed brewing without error but gave me a cup full of coffee grounds.

These cups are not Keurig 2.0 compatible "out of the box" but they provide you a sheet of stickers which you can affix to the cups to allow them to be used in 2.0 machines. You can re-use the stickers and I was able to use only one sticker for the entire box of cups.

If Blue Horse used better quality cups to match their excellent quality coffee this would be a five-star product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2016 9:11 AM PDT

Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX Speed RGB
Price: $169.99
10 used & new from $169.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Gaming AND Work, July 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My previous keyboard was a Corsair Vengeance K70, which I have been very happy with. The K70 Rapidfire is identical in terms of construction (which is a good thing), the differences being the lighting and the types of mechanical keys used.

The Vengenance uses Cherry MX Brown keys which are nice for typing, but I was interested in trying the new Cherry MX "Speed" keys the Rapidfire features. I have problems with typing fatigue after long sessions, and was hoping the advertised lighter touch of the Speed keys would be less fatiguing. I was not disappointed. The keys do indeed have a lighter touch, but still retain the crispness you expect from a mechanical key. The Speed keys do not have the "bump" feedback that other Cherry MX keys do, and I was concerned I would miss that during typing, but in practice I do not miss it at all and I find my typing just as fast and accurate as with the Browns if not more so. After using the Speed keys for about a month I plugged in my old Vengeance with the Brown keys to compare and typing on them felt sluggish and I was definitely not as accurate.

The lightness and lack of "bump" feedback with the Cherry MX Speed keys does take a little getting used to. One problem is that it's really easy to unintentionally press keys. I usually rest my fingers on the keys while thinking about what I want to type, and the weight of my fingers is sometimes enough to trigger key presses. If I'm looking away from the screen I will sometimes look back to discover a huge string of ddddddddd's on the screen. I have slowly adjusted to this over time and it's become less of a problem, but is pretty much the only complaint I have about this keyboard.

The Vengeance has non-changeable solid red back lighting, but the Rapidfire has much fancier RGB lighting which is adjustable on a per-key basis via Corsair's configuration software. You can do some pretty fancy stuff like an animated "ripple in a pond" effect when you press a key. However, I found the fancy animated lighting effects put a slight load on the processor. If you don't want to have the Corsair software constantly running in the background, the Rapidfire keyboard has on-board memory and you can save a color scheme to the keyboard's memory then disable the Corsair software so it doesn't run at startup. You don't get animated lighting when you do this, but you can still have static per-key lighting without any additional services running in the background.

I love the construction of the K70 line. The base is solid metal, and since the keys are sitting on top of the metal, cleaning the keyboard is a simple matter of turning it sideways and blowing some compressed air on it. A wrist rest is something I can't live without, and the K70's works and feels nice. The media keys are nicely designed. Overall the keyboard feels premium in every respect.

If your'e a gamer this keyboard should be at the top of your list. That said, even if you're not a gamer and are just looking for a great typing experience, this is an exceptional keyboard that feels and performs great in every capacity.

Acer Aspire AIO Desktop, 23.8-inch Full HD, Core i5-6400T, NVIDIA 940M, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, Win10, AZ3-715-UR61
Price: $669.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, July 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Based on its specs I wasn't expecting a lot from this budget all-in-one desktop computer, but as it turns out I was very impressed with everything from setup to its performance in daily use.

Setting up the hardware could not be simpler. You plug in the power cord, and that's all there is to it. The quick setup sheet mentions something about plugging in a USB controller for the keyboard and mouse but I didn't have to do that, they worked right out of the box.

The keyboard and mouse are not bad for budget offerings. The mouse is fairly ergonomic and has a wheel, but I wish it had forward and back buttons. The keyboard has a numeric keypad but is otherwise pretty compact (the arrow keys are half size). The keyboard is similar to what you might expect to find on a large laptop.

If this were my daily-use computer I would invest in a better keyboard and mouse, but for someone who's not working on it 8 hours a day they work fine. The unit has Bluetooth connectivity and it appears that the keyboard/mouse are connected this way. There are plenty of high-end Bluetooth keyboards and mouses available on the market, so upgrading would be easy without the need to occupy one of your USB ports with a dongle.

The screen is a nice size with a resolution of 1920x1080. While this doesn't compete with an Apple "Retina" display, it's still plenty large and looks nice. Since Windows 10 doesn't handle very high resolution screens all that well (Windows "UI scaling" is clunky and not all programs support it), the screen size and resolution are a good fit for running Windows.

I like the quantity and placement of the USB ports. There are several on the back and a couple more conveniently located on the side, which are perfect for plugging in USB flash drives and the like. There is also an SD card reader on the side for copying digital camera photos.

The WiFi works without a hitch. The computer is located a couple of rooms (and several walls) away from our wireless router and I've never had connectivity problems.

The unit has a 1TB hard disk drive. It's a mechanical drive and not one of the newer "solid state" drives. I was a little concerned about what the performance would be like, but as it turns out I was pleasantly surprised with how well it performs. Windows starts and shuts down quickly and overall the computer feels snappy and for most everyday tasks I don't notice much difference between it and my office computer which has an SSD. The 1TB size is pretty generous and should be plenty for most people.

The unit includes a DVD-ROM drive, which are getting to harder to find on new computers these days. More importantly, it includes DVD player software out of the box (Windows does not have the ability to play DVDs without third-party software). Playing DVDs is simple and works flawlessly. There are also a couple of HDMI ports on the unit, so if you wanted to plug in a Blu-Ray player (or even your cable TV hookup) you can do that and basically use the computer as a 1080p television set.

The speakers sound pretty good considering they are built in. They are not going to knock the walls out obviously, but everything sounds nice and clear and there is enough volume for a large bedroom. For watching videos and general computing tasks they are more than adequate.

We intended this to be a first computer for my daughter and in that role it works beautifully. It includes Windows 10, and in the couple of months we've been using it we haven't encountered a single hardware or software problem. If you're looking for a compact computer that can double as an entertainment unit, I don't think you could do better for the price.

CH Products Throttle Quadrant USB (300-133)
CH Products Throttle Quadrant USB (300-133)
Price: $119.95
11 used & new from $119.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Several Flaws, March 23, 2016
I'm a long-time fan of CH Products' controllers. This is the first one I haven't been totally happy with.

The biggest problem I have is that the throttles lack precision. They have a short throw and short levers and it's hard to get them exactly where you want them to be. I found this to be particularly problematic when flying twin-engine aircraft; it's really difficult to get the engines exactly in sync. The movement is slightly stiff and there's no way to control how loose or stiff the levers move.

I also don't like that these have two detents. There is a detent when the levers are at idle, and if you pull them back farther there is a second detent. Unlike the Saitek throttles where the second detent triggers a button, these are only an extended range of the total lever movement, and I haven't figured out how to use the "full back" detent in any practical way. I calibrated mine to ignore the "full back" detent; however, even when you do this, to move the throttles out of idle you have to apply extra pressure to move them out of the detent which makes them even more imprecise and gives them a less realistic feel.

The tops of the handles are swapable. However, the fit is extremely tight and I found it very difficult to get them to seat properly. It's not something you'd want to do on a regular basis. You will probably have to do it at least once though, as the unit comes out of the box with an oddball combination of four throttle levers in the middle with a single prop and mixture lever on each end, and not the standard piston prop configuration you see in the picture.

Another problem is the desk clamps. My desk is about 3/4" thick and the clamps just barely hold the unit to the desk when they are at their tightest setting, and even then it still wobbles a bit. If you have a desk that is less than 3/4" thick the desk clamps will not work without some kind of modification.

One thing I do like is the six momentary up/down switches on the front of the unit. They feel nice and are perfect for controlling things like flaps and trim. The unit is plug-and-play and requires no software to program the buttons, another plus.

I've used the Saitek throttles and find them to be more precise, although they are notorious for breaking easily, and you have to buy two if you want a twin-engine setup. (That's actually kind of a moot point as I write this as Saitek appears to have stopped manufacturing most of their flight sim products, at least for the foreseeable future.) Based on past experience with CH Products controllers, I would expect this to last a very long time.

These throttle are definitely better than using a keyboard or one of those wheels on a joystick, but they are far from perfect and could definitely be improved.

NASCAR Hendrick Motorsports Chase Elliott Team Slide 9FORTY Adjustable Cap, One Size, Royal/Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 23, 2016
I love this hat, it looks nice and has a quality feel to it. It has a cloth Velcro size adjustment instead of those plastic pins which always seem to break. It also has Elliott's current #24 number on the side.

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 Plus, Touchpad Keyboard for Internet-Connected TVs
Price: $19.99
70 used & new from $19.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Hardware, Okay Software, March 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
From a hardware standpoint, the K400 accomplishes what it sets out to do, which is be a lightweight keyboard/trackpad combination for use with an HTPC or other scenario where you may not be able to sit at a desk.

The keyboard is okay, not something I'd want to do extended typing on but fine for typing stuff into a search box. The function keys default to "special" keys that do things like open your e-mail program and control volume; if you want to use them as standard F1, F2, etc. keys you have to hold down the FN key, something I dislike. The trackpad was a little clunky and didn't seem to always pick up my finger movements. The trackpad buttons feel mushy. You can't tell by feel whether your finger is on the left or right mouse button, something that led to a lot of mis-clicks for me. The trackpad also has "touch click" turned on by default, something I find incredibly frustrating as it constantly causes the pointer to click when I didn't want it to.

Although it's not required, to get the most out of this keyboard you need to download and install the Logitech Options software from the their website. This will allow you to do things like turn off the touch click and set the function keys to default to F1, F2, etc. However, the Options software would not install on my main computer. When I searched for ways to solve the problem I found a lot of other people having the same issue, with a myriad of suggestions on how to fix it. It took me a couple of hours before finding the solution: I had to restart my computer in "safe" mode, then install the software, then restart again to finally get it working. Once you get it running, the software is pretty easy to use and I liked the number of options it gives you. One quirk is that it does not let you access settings from a taskbar icon, something that all other Logitech mice and keyboards I've used do.

I was not impressed with the K400, but I didn't really need to be. It gets its intended job done, but not much more. That, combined with the buggy software and relatively high price, is why I give it three stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2016 8:10 PM PDT

GE Motion-Activated LED Night Light, Chrome
GE Motion-Activated LED Night Light, Chrome
Price: $9.49
81 used & new from $7.83

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ideal Nightlight, November 22, 2015
This is a great nightlight for a bathroom, which is the intended purpose we purchased it for. The previous one I picked up at a hardware store was not bright enough, and turned on the entire time it was otherwise dark in the room. This one has two sensors, a motion sensor and a light sensor. This means it won't turn on when the lights in the room are on, and it won't turn on when it's dark but no one's in the room. It also gives off just the right amount of light to let you see what you're doing in a small room like a bathroom without having to turn on the room lights.

Inflatable Unicorn (1)
Inflatable Unicorn (1)
Offered by BirthdayExpress
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Approves, November 22, 2015
This review is from: Inflatable Unicorn (1) (Toy)
We bought a similar inflatable unicorn at a 4th of July event. My daughter loved it but it was obviously very cheaply made and wound up not being able to hold air for any reasonable length of time, deflating completely in 48 hours. We purchased this one and have only had to fill it up once with air since we bought it (about 6 months now). It's colorful and gets my daughter's stamp of approval.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11