Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for mnyblom > Reviews

Browse

mnyblom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"mnyblom" RSS Feed

Super Baby Food
Super Baby Food
by Ruth Yaron
397 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars For Healthy Families Only, August 9, 2001
This review is from: Super Baby Food (Paperback)
This is an excellent reference guide for families who want to give their babies the healthiest possible food. I do agree that the organization of the book can be somewhat confusing, but that doesn't detract from the content of the book, which has been invaluable to me as a first time mom who is very serious about the food I give my daughter. I suffered through very painful nursing for the first 4 weeks because I knew it was best for her, and when it comes to solids I'm just as determined to get her off on the right start. The author is very well informed about real nutrition, something most moms I know don't give a real thought to. They figure whatever was good enough for them is good enough for their babies. But the very real dangers of increasing percentages of child obesity and diabetes and adult cancers and heart disease make me want to give my child better food than what my parents knew to give me or had available to give me. Pesticides, hormones in meat and other foods, preservatives, artificial flavors, other food chemicals, and excess sugar and salt are very real dangers to our children's present and future health. This book helps you steer clear of those things and give your child the healthiest possible food, which is just what my daughter needs.

Pat Welsh's Southern California Gardening: A Month-by-Month Guide
Pat Welsh's Southern California Gardening: A Month-by-Month Guide
by Pat Welsh
72 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, March 20, 2000
This is my garden bible. Although I use other specialized garden books like the Sunset Western Garden Book for detailed plant info., this is the one that tells me exactly when to do what to which plants month-by-month, including how-to sketches. There's nothing better for SoCal gardeners!

Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie
Offered by QualityCD&DVD
Price: $6.75
669 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It Grew On Me, December 15, 1999
I admit that when I first listened to this CD, I wasn't ready for what I heard. I expected something similar to Jagged Little Pill, and I was taken aback by the poetic abstract rythyms she befriended on this CD. But over time, after hearing tracks on the radio, and seeing her live, I have grown to really love all the tracks on this CD. It's hard to be objective when you get a new CD from a favorite artist, and they've outgrown their old style. I'm glad I gave her new style time to get under my skin; now I like it more than the old.

Father Melancholy's Daughter
Father Melancholy's Daughter
by Gail Godwin
Price: $13.99
153 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This Is a Wonderful Book, December 3, 1999
I enjoyed this book very much. It reads more like poetry than narrative, and the emotions as well as the world around the main character's life are beautifully penned. As a result, it was a bit slow in parts, but that was appealing because of the beautiful way she writes. Sometimes this book is much more about the thoughts, feelings, and observations during a 16 year period of a strikingly mature young woman than it is a story in which a lot of events actually happen. Also, you will get a lot more out of the book if you are familiar with literature and Christian religious history/terminology. A lot of that went over my head, but I caught some of it, and what I didn't catch I could still see meaning in. By the same token, pastors and others who love religious philosophy will probably immensely enjoy this book. I already bought the sequel, Morningsong, and am looking forward to having time to read it. (I already read the first few pages right after finishing this one, just to see if she married between the 1st and the 2nd, and if so, to who!)

Home for the Holidays [VHS]
Home for the Holidays [VHS]
VHS
Offered by SeanDillon
Price: $4.99
47 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Holiday Tradition, November 18, 1999
We watch this movie every Thanksgiving to get us in the mood for family and turkey and holiday hysteria! Both funny and heartwarming, a family favorite.

Keys to Successful Stepmothering (Barron's Parenting Keys)
Keys to Successful Stepmothering (Barron's Parenting Keys)
by Philippa Greene Mulford
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Advice For Any Stepmom, May 1, 1999
This is great resource for stepmothers. It has many helpful suggestions about dealing with blended families in healthy ways and the importance of keeping your marriage a priority. It dispels myths about stepparenting and encourages stepmoms to set expectations at a realistic level.

Growing Myself: A Spiritual Journey Through Gardening
Growing Myself: A Spiritual Journey Through Gardening
by Judith Handelsman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
45 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, April 16, 1999
I love this book although sometimes it does veer a bit too much to the left. She's an excellent story teller and I thoroughly enjoyed reading hers.

The Nearly-Wed Handbook: How To Survive The Happiest Day Of Your Life
The Nearly-Wed Handbook: How To Survive The Happiest Day Of Your Life
by Dan Zevin
33 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a warm heating pad for muscle aches, September 24, 1998
This book is the perfect companion to stressful and confusing wedding planning. Whenever the planning and budgeting gets to be a bit too much, I open this book and laugh out loud at Dan's satirical version of the absurdity of the wedding planning ordeal that so many of us put ourselves through. When we're looking at books of invitations or choosing from myriads of flowers, and my fiancé starts to get that spaced-out look in his eyes, I can resuscitate him with this book to bring him back to Earth with a hearty laugh. I'm buying this for all of my engaged friends for Christmas.

Stepmotherhood: How to Survive Without Feeling Frustrated, Left Out, or Wicked
Stepmotherhood: How to Survive Without Feeling Frustrated, Left Out, or Wicked
by Cherie Burns
59 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, July 9, 1998
This book will make any new stepmom or setpmom-to-be feel that they are not alone, it's OK to feel confused and upset in the unique sitations that stepparents find themselves in, and you can deal with it and retain your sanity. I lend it to all my friends who are stepmoms.

Little Plastic Castle
Little Plastic Castle
Offered by Bridge_Media
Price: $8.77
178 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop listening to this CD!, May 31, 1998
This review is from: Little Plastic Castle (Audio CD)
Her lyrics are as beautiful as her music as her soul - This is the best CD I've bought in a long time.