ARRAY(0xa7501078)

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Roger Burton "Steady" RSS Feed (Fresno, CA, USA)

Wire Worlds Aurora 5˛ power cord 1.0m-Power Conditioning Cords (NEMA 5-15 wall plug to IEC 15A) Ultra-quiet and flexible
3 used & new from $129.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wire World Aurora AC Cable Improves System Clarity, November 8, 2012
The Wire World Aurora AC cable really did improve the sound quality of my tube based hi-fi system. The WW Aurora works by passively blocking noise on the AC line which imparts a lower noise floor and a resulting greater clarity to the sound of a hi-fi system. At first, the silver-plated Aurora made my system sound too bright, but after burn in for a few days the brightness disappeared and the improved clarity remained. This cable is a little hard to work with, but the improvement in sound is well worth the effort. Also, will improve the visual and sound quality when used on a TV . I highly recommend you buy WW's Matrix 7-outlet power strip which is designed to be used with a WW AC power cable--a relatively economical way to extend the benefits of a WW AC cable to your whole system.

Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K 7-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer VSX-1019AH Recommendation, November 29, 2011
I've owned the Pioneer VSX-1019AH receiver for over two years now and the following are some of my thoughts and feelings about this unit. First, I have had no troubles with this receiver. The setup process was easy and impressive, but above all the sound of the receiver is pleasant and involving with good sources. The amplification section has been voiced about just right for smooth, satisfying sound--not either too dark or bright sounding. Theatre sound very satifying. I actually prefer the voicing of this receiver with its energy saving Class D amp over than an older Pioneer Elite Class AB amp receiver I own! I would also strongly recommend a high quality 32-bit external DAC for digital sources to fully enjoy this receiver. With high-quality sources you can really appreciate the satisfying sound quality it offers for the money.

Invicta Men's 7026 Signature Collection Speedway Chronograph Watch
Invicta Men's 7026 Signature Collection Speedway Chronograph Watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 7026, Tribute to a Rolex Daytona, May 3, 2009
I have owned the Invicta Swiss Speedway 7026, a Rolex Daytona tribute watch, for over four years now, and I am satisfied with its look, timekeeping accuracy and workmanship for the price. The Invicta 7026 is a good tribute to the Rolex Daytona. Honestly, if you glance at the watch, it looks very much like a black-faced Rolex Daytona, the proportions are so similar. But of course on closer examination, the second hand of the Speedway doesn't sweep like the mechanical Daytona, a dead give away it's no Rolex, and the finish of the case, dial and hands, though very good, are not on the same level of a Swiss-Made watch.

Highly accurate Swiss quartz movement. I use the watch for regular daily wear but seldom use the chronograph feature, although it works. Frankly I find its chronograph implementation unsatisfying compared with a good mechanical chronograph movement. But in the Speedways favor are a rugged, good quality, stainless steel case, solid stainless bracelet, screw-in back, and sapphire crystal. This watch has stood up well to long-term daily wear. Zero scratches on the sapphire crystal. The tachometer bezel and polished center links of the bracelet are prone to scratches, but can be polished out with a Cape Cod Polish Cloth. Also, included with this watch is a free, five-year guarantee from Invicta.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 9937OB Review, May 3, 2009
I have owned the Invicta 9937OB for over four years now and I am generally pleased with the good quality of this Rolex Submariner tribute watch. The following comments are based on my research, experience and opinions about this watch.

The OB in the model number stands for "old bezel." This is the coin-edge bezel that Invicta produced prior to their adoption of the scalloped bezel used in many of their present diver's watch models. Personally I prefer the coin-edge bezel, as it is easier to grip and turn than the scalloped bezel Invictas.

This watch has a Sellita SW200, Swiss made, automatic movement--a copy of the proven and reliable ETA 2824-2 Swiss automatic movement. The Sellita SW200 is a 26-jewel movement where as the ETA 2824-2 movement has 25 jewels. I've read that Sellita put in the extra jewel to be different (marketing reasons) and claims the extra jewel increases the power reserve of the movement. The Sellita appears to be a good copy of the ETA according to my research.

Concerning accuracy, my watch was running about 35 seconds a day fast out of the box when I received it, which was too inaccurate for me. I had a watch maker service and regulate the watch and it now runs at +/- 3 seconds a day--very good accuracy for a mechanical watch!

I had been keeping this watch on a winder every night, because the power reserve seemed to be only about seven hours off the winder (the Sellita power reserve specification is 38 hours). What was going on here? After having the movement serviced by a watch maker I was told that this was not the fault of the watch movement--I needed to hand wind the crown 25 times to achieve the full power reserve. Well, I tried this and sure enough the power reserve is quite good if hand wound. Lesson learned, don't rely on a watch winder to fully wind a mechanical watch.

A highly desirable feature is the scratch resistant sapphire crystals covering both the watch face and exhibition back. No scratches on either crystal after 9 months for my watch. Also, it is interesting to view the automatic movement with Invicta branded rotor through the case back view window when examining this watch. A testament to the quality and style of this watch was when a family member thought it was a real Rolex Submariner (his parents own Rolex watches).

With its beefy stainless-steel watchband and case the Invicta 9937 weighs in on the heavy side--although this is something you quickly get used to and it feels comfortable on the wrist. But the round luminous markers and watch hands could definitely have better lume for a diver's watch. For typical casual wear, this criticism tend to be minor and not a deal breaker. I like the good quality, style and value you get for your money.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2012 7:03 PM PDT

Philips DVP3960 Multiformat 1080i Upscaling DVD Player with DivX, MP3, Windows Media Support
5 used & new from $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed results with the Philips DVP3960, December 4, 2007
I had mixed results with the Philips DVP3960 which I owned for about one week and then returned to Walmart. Despite offering some good value for $40, this player simply had too many drawbacks for me.

What I liked about this unit:
(1) Some DVDs did look markedly better "Animusic 2" for example. Clearer, more detailed looking video and enhanced color.
(2) Good results on recent commercial DVDs in my limited sampling.
(3) Audio was very good with superior resolution compared to my older progressive-scan DVD player.

What I disliked:
(1) Typically, jagged lines with text with this player. Jagged lines also an issue with video too.
(2) On many older DVDs, my $70 SR2000 off-brand progressive-scan player paired with the upscaling of my Sanyo 32" HDTV did a better job of giving a smoother, more film-like video experience.
(3) Despite Philips' advertised claims, there is limited compatibility. The Philips DVP3960 failed to playing my DVD+ burned media (TDK), displaying the message "NO DISC". Also, a few of my older commercial DVDs would not play.
(4) Small unit has a somewhat cheap feel.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2007 7:51 AM PST

Kensington 64068F MicroSaver Notebook Lock and Security Cable (PC/Mac)
Kensington 64068F MicroSaver Notebook Lock and Security Cable (PC/Mac)
Price: $28.74
127 used & new from $11.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Kensington 64068F Notebook Lock & 13" MacBook warpage, November 24, 2006
I read another post at a different site concerning warpage of the 13" MacBook caused with this 64068F Kensington Microsaver notebook security lock. I read there is a fix--file the "T" bar down about one milimeter (about the thickness of a credit card) to correct the problem. I own a 13" MacBook and an older version of this Kensington security lock and have no problems.