Profile for Steven H Simon > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steven H Simon RSS Feed (Lansdale, PA United States)

Psychotherapist's Guide to Psychopharmacology
Psychotherapist's Guide to Psychopharmacology
by Michael J. Gitlin
86 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but essential .., August 21, 2002
I'm a clinical psychologist. You need to have this book . You need to understand the psychopharmacology of your patients. Lots of interesting and important information regarding Dx and the effects of Rx. The only problem with this book is (as you know) things are changing so fast that we need a new edition.

Schizoid Phenomena, Object-Relations and the Self
Schizoid Phenomena, Object-Relations and the Self
by Harry Guntrip
8 used & new from $115.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Only If you want to help your patients, August 12, 2002
I am a psychologist with over twenty years experience, as a super., teacher and practice. Read this book and learn about being a real therapist. So after reading this book you will know why you said or did not say something instead of "I see" or "tell me more "...Its about YOU not the patient.

An Architectural Guidebook To Philadelphia
An Architectural Guidebook To Philadelphia
by Francis Morrone
33 used & new from $0.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, April 19, 2001
I found this book to be a diappointment. I expected a book which would discuss the architecture of the buildings of Philadelphia. Instead the book is about the history of the city and its buildings with scant discussion of the architure. A Better title for this book would be , The Historical Significance of The Buildings of Philadelphia. For a guide book their were surprisingly few (black and white) photographs. I would suggest , Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide To The City; by The Foundation For Architecture .

The Taste for Living Cookbook: Mike Milken's Favorite Recipes for Fighting Cancer
by Beth Ginsberg
145 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars If I Were A Rich Man..., February 25, 2001
The taste For Living Cookbook Mike Milken's Favorite Recipes For Fighting Cancer is a nicely photographed book. The recipes are basic health food fare. Cut down on fat,avoid meat, eat lots of veggies and soy. If I was a wealthy man I would have a professional chef move into my home and cook these complicated meals im my professional kitchen. I would also go to a medition center in Massachusetts "based on Ayurveda tradition" and I would "invite a doctor trained in both Western and Ayurveda medicine to move into...our house for a few months" I don't mean to be cynical but I have neither the time or money to follow this books recipes. I did not find this book very helpful .

The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
The Art of Possibility: Transforming Professional and Personal Life
by Rosamund Stone Zander
Price: $25.84
297 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Werner Erhard Where Are You?, October 10, 2000
The Art of Possibility, Transforming Professional and Personal Life, by Zander and Zander is a creative and in some ways an exciting book. In the book the authors write about ways the reader can get out of the" box", to see and experience a new perspective on things, and situations. The book also talks about empowering yourself and others. If you have done the EST Traning now known as the Forum you will find nothing new in this book. All the same its nice to see the ideas of Werner Erhard,Stewart Emery and L.Ron Hubbard explained in a new light. If you like this book , you will also enjoy Out Of The Box for life by Warren Berland and Working With Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goldman. Both authors write about some of the ideas found in the Zanders Book. If you are not familiar with Erhard,Emery or Hubbard. hold on to your hat this book will be an eye opener

The 48 Laws of Power
The 48 Laws of Power
by Robert Greene
38 used & new from $30.97

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Book, September 16, 2000
This review is from: The 48 Laws of Power (Hardcover)
I have never read this book and after not ever reading it I would ask others not to read it as a favor to me. I know you do not know me but I am a very nice person and ... well you may or not get the picture. In fact the less folks read this book the better off I will be! This is the kind of book that you wish you were the only one who knew about. It is a handbook on Power not only does it discuss the "48 Laws" but provides clear examples on how you can use them. Richard on the TV show Surviors , read this book the other folks on the Island did not .

Joshua Then & Now [VHS]
Joshua Then & Now [VHS]
VHS
5 used & new from $26.00

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the most ..., July 21, 2000
This review is from: Joshua Then & Now [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This is one of the most enjoyable movies I have seen in a very long time. I have given this video to many of my friends. Based on the life of Mordecai Richler, (The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz) aka Joshua Shapiro , played by James Woods, tells the story of a man who makes choices in his life which lead to roads taken and not. It is also a story of family love and the truth about going home again.Alan Arkin is wonderful as "Joshua'a "father and Gabrielle Lazure is perfect as Joshua's wife . The screen play was written by Mordecai Richler. A truly rich movie.