Profile for Kurt Leyba > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kurt Leyba RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Aliens: Colonial Marines [Download]
Aliens: Colonial Marines [Download]
Price: $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Please, do not buy this!, February 14, 2013
I am a fan of FPS. I couldn't wait for this game to come out! last year, Gearbox put out some really great screenshots..... Or at least we all thought. Instead, what we got were BULLSHOTS! Complete and total lies from Gearbox! This game didn't look anything like the promos! Rather, this game reminds me of the old home entertainment consoles, like the Atari 2600; or Intellivion! If we were in the late '90s or early 2000s, then we all would have been memorized by this game! instead, we all hurl all over our LED monitors by the sight of Aliens: Colonial Marines. What a pathetic excuse for a FPS!

And you know what? I was a Marine; and let me tell you, WE DO NOT SPEAK LIKE THAT!!! Gearbox seems to think that ALL Marines use the "Get Some" type clichés in EVERY SENTENCE WE SPEAK!

In the words of my teenage son: This Game Blows! If Gearbox were actual Marines, they would've ALL received a DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE from the Marine Corps!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2013 1:16 PM PDT

Dead Space 3 [Download]
Dead Space 3 [Download]
Price: $17.59

5.0 out of 5 stars It's okay to buy this one!, February 12, 2013
I only play Shooters and for this 3rd intallment of the Dead Space saga, there's plenty of shooting for everyone!

What I like:

1. The scene! jaw dropping artwork. the levels and how they're designed is just fun to stop and look at every detail!
2. the continuation of Isaac's torment! I'm glad that EA stuck to the linear story! most game designers forget what had happened in previous installments.
3. it's fun to play. I especially like how the Necromorphs appear not only in front of you, but behind you; on the side; on the ceiling; and from underneath you!

What I don't like:

1. Having to buy the "Extras" in order to really play the game in Butt-Kickin' Mode! it's like the old days when everything on a car was an "Option."
2. the story drops and turns too quickly at some points, and leaves no explanation on what just happened....you'll see what I mean.
3. the cheesy game menu and loading interface. EA copied that crappy game, Hard Reset's pregame loader. whatever....

so, my recommendation? BUY IT! It's just fun to play and re-play!

Dead Space 2 - PC
Dead Space 2 - PC
Offered by AOOutlet
Price: $11.00
30 used & new from $7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars GET IT!, April 3, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Space 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
This game Rocks! Just buy it! All the hard-to-play issues in Dead Space 1 have been fixed....nothing but smooth sailing! (REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE UPDATE!)

Rage - PC
Rage - PC
Price: $11.35
34 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Rage is a Raging Joke!, October 13, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rage - PC (Video Game)
DO NOT SPEND $60 ON THIS PIECE OF JUNK! As of Oct. 13th, I still cannot play the game without video errors!

So, John Carmack promised a stunning visual experience; he promised 60 FPS; and he promised that the new ID Engine 5 would be the new industry standard....THEN HE WOKE UP! And what about his statement re: PC gaming??? What an insult! To say that PC gaming is NOT a real gaming platform when all of ID's previous games were designed for the PC is a total failure! And now, all-of-a-sudden he's a true believer of the console platform? AAARRRGGGUH! Look, the console platform is SIX YEARS OUTDATED!!! Anyways, I always thought ID was a PC gaming company first, and then a console gaming company second???

So, I say to you: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! Seriously, wait until it hits the Bargain Bin!

Far Cry 2 - PC
Far Cry 2 - PC
Offered by FunFactory
Price: $3.92
67 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars FARCRY 2 is a FARCRY from FUN!!!, November 11, 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 - PC (DVD-ROM)
Plain and simple......THIS GAME IS TOTALLY WORTHLESS!!! Nothing like the original; nothing like the great storyline in FarCry; and nothing like wasting my money on a lame horse!!! Come to think of it...I should have wasted my money on a lame horse! At least watching the race would be more exciting than this boring ol' peice of code.

And not only does the game bite, Ubisoft went and added DRM! SecuRom!!! the agency from South of Heaven! Ubisoft thinks that by adding DRM to their titles it will keep piracy down....OMG, don't they realize it's limitations like these that BRING ON PIRACY????? I mean, how many of you have heard of hacking the original game, FarCry? NONE!!! Why? because their are no limitations! what fun is it when it's free for all? Hey Ubisoft, you want to stop piracy? Well then stop adding DRM to your titles! NO DUH!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! WAIT TO BUY THIS ON WALMART'S VALUE SOFTWARE RACK!!! It will be there soon.