Profile for Eugene Kasper > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eugene Kasper "Gene" RSS Feed (Annandale, MN USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Deadwood Season 1 [HD]
Deadwood Season 1 [HD]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video, June 15, 2014
Deadwood is almost too realistic. This is about a time in our recent past where. in some areas of the West, we had no law enforced by the police. The limits put on individuals in a society without the formal rule of law is well presented and shows although no police or government enforcement of laws against violence, how a society still functioned with constraints and some unstated practices. There is an underlying "fairness" or give and take which developed.

It is also a great story based on characters that are human meaning not perfect or all bad. It could be offensive to some as the language, violence and sex is raw, like it most likely was.

Loved it.

Band of Brothers Season 1 [HD]
Band of Brothers Season 1 [HD]
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Series, May 30, 2014
Very well directed and almost too realistic for me. It shows the attachment young men have for each other in combat. Going AWOL from hospital beds to rejoin their unit is realistic. Much content is real. If anyone wants to try to understand combat and the cohesiveness of a combat unit, this is at least a great attempt to show that reality.

Diversity: The Invention of a Concept
Diversity: The Invention of a Concept
by Peter Wood
Price: $14.73
61 used & new from $1.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Important to understand, April 2, 2014
We have been sold a very destructive concept. That of different races and classes and, therefore, the need for diversity. I realized a long time ago that our emphasis on race or class was really silly when relating to humans but thought I was alone. Diversity is a made up concept that is used to control us and place us in meaningless classes or groups. When we believe we must relate to our race meaning most often skin color or class, we demean ourselves and also our fellow humans when we look at others within a class or "race" category. If one understand basic American culture that is based on individual freedom constrained by liberty then the concept of diversity has no meaning.

This book opened my eyes to how damaging those who continue to promote diversity and their supposed tolerance are only based on a rejection of basic American ideals.

3M Tekk Paint Project Respirator, Medium, P95
3M Tekk Paint Project Respirator, Medium, P95
Price: $23.79
41 used & new from $23.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shop mask, April 2, 2014
I use this in my shop. My son has the large mask and although the medium works for me the large fits slightly better. Even fumes are not ascertainable with the mask on.

AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver (Black)
AmazonBasics Wireless Mouse with Nano Receiver (Black)
Price: $11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great buy, April 2, 2014
This is my second Amazon Basic wireless mouse. It is small enough to pack both in my laptop bag and in the Chrombook Amazon Basics 11.6 case. Great quality, fits well and it works - the first one has had much use and is still as good as new.

AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop and Tablet Bag
AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop and Tablet Bag
Price: $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, April 2, 2014
First the price can't be beat! Then add the quality and space and the choice is a no brainier. I use the case to carry my Acer Chrombook c720 and a small Kindle. Usually I also include my Amazon wireless mouse as I am not use to the Acer touch pad. addition, I could add more padding if I believe that is needed.

I was hesitant to order the case as I had concerns the Acer Chrombook might be a very tight fit. But know Amazon's great return policies, I went ahead and ordered the 11.6 inch case. The Acer fits and even has a little wiggle room - great buy.

24 Season 8 [HD]
24 Season 8 [HD]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series - Watch all of them, April 2, 2014
One of the best TV series produced - maybe ever better than Cheers. Action and intrigue with a number of surprises even the second time through the series. Looking forward to Season 9 even if it will be only 13 sessions.

TP-LINK TL-WA830RE Wireless N300 Range Extender, 2.4Ghz 300Mbps, 802.11b/g/n, AP & Range Extender Modes, 2x 4dBi antennas
Price: $32.54
66 used & new from $18.26

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, March 16, 2014
I hesitate to rate the range extender as I thought it would increase the signal strength. The install did not go smoothly and was not an easy install. I did not have access to the router and perhaps with access, the install would of been simpler. Once installed, the connection speed deteriorated and the signal was inconsistent. I played with it for a time but finally gave up and returned the unit to Amazon. Perhaps my expectations were not in keeping with what a range extender is designed to accomplish. My past purchases of TP-Link products have always been fully satisfactory.

Amazon as always, made the return easy and I received instant credit. Amazon rates 10 stars for its focus on customer service.

The Americans Season 1 [HD]
The Americans Season 1 [HD]
Price: $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, March 9, 2014
A great series but some of it is unrealistic for those of us who lived through the era. Complex individual relationships for those involved trying to affect the global situation. Great writing and acting with plots and relationships that are fascinating and involved.

Desert Commandos (1967)
Desert Commandos (1967)
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, February 23, 2014
Awful, even the uniforms were ridiculous. Loved how they put a major on point - A major and captain leading a squad that attacked with weapons that changed during the filming. I did not finish the film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6