Profile for Voracious Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Voracious Reader "Author, The Bethlehem Scroll" RSS Feed (Dallas Texas USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Mayan Secrets (A Fargo Adventure)
The Mayan Secrets (A Fargo Adventure)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed adventure, June 25, 2014
Clive Cussler's hard to beat. I'm a big fan of the Mayans anyway - I write books about archaeological fiction - and this was one of Cussler's best. Couldn't put it down.

White Fire (Special Agent Pendergast Book 13)
White Fire (Special Agent Pendergast Book 13)
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to quit . . . but . . ., April 20, 2014
Every time I read another "Agent Pendergast" book I want to quit. He's so bizarre, so unrealistic that I think I'm never going to read another one. BUT . . . the books are so well written and engrossing that I can't stop. So I read and read, and I enjoy the crazy FBI agent/world traveler/millionaire. This book was very interesting and held my attention until the end.

I'll read the next one too. That's for sure. I'm hooked.

Oak Island Quest
Oak Island Quest
by William Crooker
23 used & new from $3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best book on Oak Island, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Oak Island Quest (Paperback)
I've read almost everything available on the mystery of the Money Pit on Oak Island, Nova Scotia. All the stories are entertaining, some are written with a great deal of artistic license (or outright conjecture) and some are very scholarly. This book, Oak Island Quest, was written by an engineer but it isn't a technical manual. In fact in Crooker's preface he calls it a book designed for a "rainy Sunday afternoon."

I agree. Interesting book, well written and thoroughly researched.

Anker® Astro E5 15000mAh Dual USB Portable Charger Ultra-High Density External Battery Pack for iPad Air, Mini, iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, LG Optimus, MOTO X and more- Black
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $89.99
9 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver in the wilds of Mexico!, April 16, 2014
I just returned from a two week trip visiting archaeological ruins in remote areas of Mexico. I was away from a plug every day and some nights and found the Anker perfect for quick recharging of my iPhone and iPad. It was a huge help and performed perfectly. I got a total of seven charges (five phone and two iPad) before I had to recharge the Anker itself and by then I was back to civilization and electricity!

This is a very good product and worth the price.

The Voynich Cypher (Cryptology Conspiracy / Intrigue Thriller)
The Voynich Cypher (Cryptology Conspiracy / Intrigue Thriller)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars hell of a read, March 1, 2014
Dr. Steven Cross is an interesting, believable character. I enjoyed both in this series so far. I'm a big fan of Russell Blake - his books keep me up past bedtime. That's a pretty good endorsement.
Keep it up!

Time100 Kids' Digital Timing Multifunctional Dark Blue Strap Sport Electronic Watch#W40011L.03A

5.0 out of 5 stars My grandson LOVES this watch!, February 16, 2014
My 4-year-old grandson wanted a watch with a light for Christmas and he loved this one. The band adjusts sufficiently small and he wears it everywhere.

Zero Sum (Dr. Steven Cross Series #1)
Zero Sum (Dr. Steven Cross Series #1)
by Russell Blake
Price: $12.59
13 used & new from $12.56

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy can write!, February 7, 2014
I don't consider myself a "murder mystery" fan. I write archaeological fiction. But I read Blake's compelling story in the Wall Street Journal.
So I bought a book of his (Fatal Exchange). I loved it. I just finished Zero Sum and it was even better. Now I can't write myself because I want to read Russell Blake's books.
Thank God he's written 30. I hope I get around to writing another one :-)

The Secret Rooms: A True Story of a Haunted Castle, a Plotting Duchess, and a Family Secret
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating book!, January 29, 2014
I had never heard the events at the beginning of the war that are included in this book. It's a very interesting read ( ignore the "haunted castle" reference in the title which is irrelevant).
I couldn't put this book down which is unusual for me and a non-fiction book. I highly recommend it for history buffs.

Noble House (James Clavell's Asian Saga)
Noble House (James Clavell's Asian Saga)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful re-read, December 28, 2013
I first read this book when I was in college and couldn't put it down. I remembered it recently and decided to read it again. This story was as good this time as the first. I was a business major when I first read the exploits of taipan Ian Dunross, and a retired CEO this time around. His exploits were as exciting and thrilling as when I was a student. This is a great series.

Jungleland: A Mysterious Lost City, a WWII Spy, and a True Story of Deadly Adventure
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars very entertaining, October 6, 2013
I love adventure and archaeological stories and this was both! The book tells how one man took a giant step and left his family to retrace an earlier search for a lost city. And what a journey he had!

Very rarely I find a book I hate to see end. This was one of those

Page: 1 | 2 | 3