Profile for Barbara A. Black > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Barbara A. Black "Barb Black" RSS Feed (Winfield, KS)

Page: 1 | 2
Born Women's Gelsey Boot 6.5 B(M) US Black-Distressed
Born Women's Gelsey Boot 6.5 B(M) US Black-Distressed

1.0 out of 5 stars Boots are fine--Shoes.com who sells them through Amazon is not., August 16, 2013
This review is from: Born Women's Gelsey Boot (Shoes)
Shoes.com claims to have easy returns and that is as far from the truth as it can be. First, the boots are in a large box so they would not fit in the FEDEX drop box and the closest FEDEX store is an hour away. FEDEX would not schedule a pick-up free because the SHOES.COM return label is not prepaid. Also I called SHOES.COM and the recording stated their hours of business were something like 9-7 PM Mon-FRIDAY and I called on a Friday @ around 11:00 AM and the recording instructed me to call at another time. The Amazon agent called twice and got the same message.. Anyway after all the phone calls and wasted time, I ended up taking the box to the post office and paying $16 to return the boots. I have all my receipts but I am still worried that I will not get a refund for these boots. I have never had trouble like this through Amazon before in over 12 yrs, but I will never use Shoes.com again.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2013 6:19 PM PST

Amistad
Amistad
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must See for every American, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Amistad (Amazon Instant Video)
A very moving film about slave trade and how they were KIDNAPPED/STOLEN/SNATCHED from their homes and families in Africa and tortured (as always by greedy white men) during the agonizing trip on the slave ship Amistad and their experience in the United States. By Stephen Spielburg

Levi's Women's 512 Skinny Jean
Levi's Women's 512 Skinny Jean

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Slimming Jeans, October 24, 2012
These jeans fit me perfectly! I love when you order your regular size and they fit like this right out of the bag! Beautiful wine color-nice high waist-stretchy, warm and comfortable. Fabric is soft. There is a gentle tummy slimming panel. These aren't leggings, but I will easily be able to wear boots over them without wrapping them around my calves like I used to. Worth the money. I weigh 135 and am 5'5", ordered size 10.

Naturalizer Women's Violette Flat
Naturalizer Women's Violette Flat
Price: $25.99 - $71.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd chance, August 7, 2012
I really like these shoes, the bronze color is deep and rich, and is great for fall. However, the first pair I ordered were dissimilar in the stitching on the outer seams near the little toe and back. There was about 1/4" difference. I noticed when I had them on that one felt more loose and seemed to be cut down further just below the toe cleavage. So I started investigating and discovered the defective stitching. I was surprised and a little angry--$60 shoes? You know! So I sent them back, but I'm hoping to get a perfect pair, because I really like them and the little oxidized silver buckle is a nice touch. I ordered a 6N and it fit well except for the irregular stitching.

Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Kit
Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Kit
Offered by Sleekhair
Price: $33.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Chlorine removal I've tried., July 21, 2012
Some reviewers said this product doesn't do anything, but for me it worked very well. I have brown base color with highlights which get very bleached in the pool and become kind of stiff, dull and lifeless. After I used just the shampoo and conditioner, the color was restored to it's original shade and my hair is swingy, shiny and full of body and bounce. I highly recommend this product. I will try the little packet that comes with the shampoo and conditioner this weekend. Give this stuff a try though. It's a little better than Ultra Swim products.

Intex Pool Surface Skimmer
Intex Pool Surface Skimmer
Offered by Outdoor Supply Inc.
Price: $24.86
4 used & new from $24.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a toy, but a skimmer for above swimming pools, May 16, 2012
This skimmer is great! I affixed it to the side of my 14' Intex Ultra Frame pool, and all the bugs, sticks, etc. come right to it and are sucked into the basket, taking the load off the filter and making the surface of the water clear of debris. I love it and recommend it. Well worth the money!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST!, December 23, 2011
This is my favorite case of all my Kindle cases because it is soft, beautiful leather and because it has a strap to keep it closed. The magnetized flaps that allow it to stand on its own either vertically or horizontally are just right. The case is slim and doesn't add bulk and it's padded. And the price is great!! I highly recommend this case. I like the red! Customer service from this company is outstanding!! Nice job AYL!

Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers
4 used & new from $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Grateful, December 11, 2011
I have low vision and the Kindle Touch with 3G is the BEST device I have ever owned. If the state organizations for the blind do not make these available to their clients, they are missing out on a perfect tool for helping them. I have been in a couple training centers for the blind and I know that the Kindle is going to be my best friend, especially the speech to text option as well as the adjustable font size. I am so grateful for this invention and also the Kindle Fire in color which is awesome!

Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
Kindle Fire (Previous Generation - 1st)
154 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FIRE IS HOT!, December 10, 2011
Just got my Fire and it is the coolest thing I have ever owned! My neighbor came over to look at it, because he has an IPAD and he LOVED it! He couldn't stop playing with it! He and his wife are both teachers and have all the wireless things you could ever want, but he was very impressed with the FIRE, as am I. The color is BRILLIANT and the images are crystal clear. I have to wait at practices for my grandson for 2 1/2 hours, because he plays for an out of town bb team and now I can watch movies from Amazon OR Netflix, look at magazines, read the news or my favorite books, FB, email-it's all there! The app are endless! I am thrilled beyond words! And the PRICE? You can't beat it. Nice job Jeff Bezos and team!!! YOU DID IT!!

Crock-Pot SCCPVL600-R Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Red
Price: $27.99
20 used & new from $25.24

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this crock pot!, January 19, 2011
I bought this crock pot to replace one that was dropped. I totally DISAGREE with the reviewers that said the rubber ring has a "horrible" or "awful" smell. That is not true about the crock pot I received. I have never noticed any unpleasant odor on this crock pot. In the instruction booklet it says NOT to clamp down the top WHILE YOU ARE COOKING. I didn't notice any chemical or bad odor when I opened the box either.

This is a very nice, large crock pot. I usually make chili with about 4# of meat and also stews, etc. in it! I absolutely love the red metallic color!! Also the inner crock pot is separate from the outer metal shell which makes it a breeze to clean. The price is very reasonable. I recommend this product highly. It's a nice quality pot and beautiful in appearance.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2011 8:21 PM PDT