Profile for C. Scagliola > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Scagliola RSS Feed (Santa Rosa, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
NIV Large Print Reference Bible, Personal Size, Thumb Indexed (Burgundy Bonded Leather)
by Zondervan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellet Daily Bible, November 30, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased this Bible because I was looking for something a bit smaller and compact without sacrificing content. I am truly not disappointed with this great Bible! The text is large enough to read (12pt) without my glasses, the concordance is quite through (although the text size is smaller(7pt)and you may need glasses to read it) but if you can live with that, it's a great Bible. The thumb indexed pages, the words of Christ in red and the convenient size make this a real winner as a travel Bible. I don't think you'll be disappointed with this Bible and hey, you can't beat the price either!

God be with you all!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 3:34 PM PDT

KJV Giant Print Reference Bible, Black Bonded Leather Indexed (King James Version)
by Holman Bible Staff
Price: $35.99
52 used & new from $13.34

4.0 out of 5 stars I SEE YOU!, February 11, 2010
I purchased this Bible because I wanted something with a larger font that these tired old eyes could read. Well the good news is, the font size (14pt) is GREAT! You should have no problem reading this bible! Another thing that's not mentioned in the description is that the thumb index is two different colors, black for the old testament and red for the new testament. That makes finding something a LOT faster, it's funny they don't mention that though because it's a great feature to have. I gave this bible a 4 1/2 stars rating because I wished the Concordance was a bit better / bigger, it's not quite as complete as some I have seen. If you can live with that one short coming then I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this bible. Oh and for the price it's well worth it.

NIV Life Application Study Bible, Large Print, Indexed, Black
NIV Life Application Study Bible, Large Print, Indexed, Black
by Bruce B. Barton
12 used & new from $68.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice Indeed!, February 11, 2010
I gave this Bible 5 stars because contrast to others I have seen this Bible combines several features (large print, thumb index, bonded leather cover) that other manufactures do not have. I was worried about the text size not being large enough but the 11pt. text is plenty big enough for me to read without my glasses ALTHOUGH some of the smaller bullet points to reference sections will require the use of magnification. Let's face it folks, this Bible is 3000 pages and if they made the text any larger the Bible could double as a boat anchor!

There is one feature that I would like to have seen and that being the words of Christ in Red. This Bible does NOT have that and why is beyond me. I have noticed a trend though; other Bibles of this caliber will have the words of Christ in red, large print, chapters in highlighted blue but will NOT have the thumb index. I was willing to sacrifice the words of Christ in red to have the thumb index, which makes looking something up MUCH easier. Nope, if you can find a better Bible with the feature this one has out there BUY IT but until then, I really feel you will be very happy making this Study Bible an addition to your Christian library.

Motorola T305 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Car Kit
Motorola T305 Portable Bluetooth Speaker Car Kit
Offered by BluetoothPlus
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you hear me now?......HECK YES!!, July 10, 2008
Hello Everyone,

First off, I would like to start by saying "I LOVE Motorola Products"! Right out of the box the T305 performed as advertised and best of all, I did not have to go to college and get a PHD in electronics to figure out how to setup and use the unit. I have read other reviews that complain about the T305 not being load enough and to them I say, YOU NEED HEARING AIDS! (LOL) If this unit were any louder, you would be able to hear it from the orbiting space station. Look folks, I drive a truck, a big Toyota 4x4 truck and with the radio blasting Toby Keith (The Angry American Song) along with the AC pumping out the cold air, I can STILL hear my calling party. As I was saying, can you hear me now? HECK YEAH!

I love this product so much that I sold 4 more units (Uh Motorola, are you reading this....need a salesperson?....HINT HINT HINT) to friends after each of them saw and heard what this tiny little box (about the size of a box of matches) can produce. If you are looking for a simple to use, LOUD and CLEAR little Bluetooth speaker, then look no further and hey, the price of admission is cheap given the other more expensive and COMPLEX to use options.

Hey, can YOU hear me NOW!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars We'll see......, June 29, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I ordered this product for my 2007 Tacoma Truck and it fits great HOWEVER, I wonder just how long the inlaid pattern of Tazz is going to last. My biggest fear is that a couple of really hot days is going to find Tazz peeling off the wheel cover, and that will have me on the hunt for yet another cover.

If you live in a cooler climate your results might be better than mine but for now, I'm not holding my breath. (I should have known nothing could contain the Tazz within) (LOL)

Winter's Spark: The Saga of Holly Andrews
Winter's Spark: The Saga of Holly Andrews
by Shannon Littleton
Price: $12.14
13 used & new from $12.13

4.0 out of 5 stars What's next?, June 25, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I PROBABLY should have reviewed THIS book before her last one but then, I get dressed backwards some days as well! (LOL) All I can say is, WOW! This is a great read and you won't be disappointed if you purchase it. The author draws you into the story and then smacks you upside the face with a level of deception that you usually only see on the Jerry Springer show.

I found myself reading the ENTIRE book in an afternoon and that's saying something coming from a one book per month reader. If you do nothing else for yourself this summer, then get Shannon's two books and escape into the life of the twisted and when it's all done sit back and THANK GOD it's not YOUR LIFE on those pages.

Spring's Reign: Holly's Revelation
Spring's Reign: Holly's Revelation
by Shannon Littleton
Price: $9.89
14 used & new from $9.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Betrayal at its best!, June 25, 2008
I purchased Shannon's books at the advice of a friend and, was immediately drawn into the drama and deception of the characters written in the pages before me. I found myself unable to put the book down once I started it and was wondering if the book is based on a true-life experiences or just the imagination of the author. All I can say is HOLY CRAP! If this story is based on true details of the authors' life, then I need to light a candle for her and only hope that she makes it out to write her next book. If I have to be negative here, it would be that the books leave you hanging at the end, sort of chopped off at the knees but then, given what lies in the pages I would not expect anything less.

I hear rumors that the next book may be coming out soon and can't wait to see how it all ends that is of course if it DOES all end?! I think Shannon's books are worth the price of admission if for no other reason but to see into the minds of the truly twisted and the deceptions from family and friends.

Ciao!

Turtle Wax T-136R Express Shine Spray Car Wax - 16 oz.
Turtle Wax T-136R Express Shine Spray Car Wax - 16 oz.
Price: $5.68
33 used & new from $4.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick N Easy, May 26, 2008
Hi Folks,

I use this wax all the time IN BETWEEN my regular waxes with a professional Carnauba wax. I find it easy to apply and remove with little effort on my part however, (And you knew there HAD to be a down side) if you are looking for a long lasting shine, as Vinnie would say, "Forget about it"! All it takes is a good rainstorm and this wax is finito! If you want a fast shine with little effort then go for it, but if you want, a long lasting shine then you are still going to have to go the rout of a good quality Carnauba paste wax.

How's that for a smooooooooth review?! (LOL)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 8:32 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Arriving at destination......, January 11, 2008
I purchased the Garmin Nuvi 660 after doing extensive research in several models by Garmin. I could have purchased another brand but Garmin by FAR has the best maps out there, and when you're talking about finding your way around a place you've never been, that MAKES A DIFFERENCE!

Out of the box, I hardly had to use the enclosed instruction disk to use the unit. The menus are friendly and simple to understand and with the touch screen interface, learning how to use the unit is a breeze. My ONLY complaint is that there is NO PRINTED MANUAL with the unit, if you want to read the manual you must use the enclosed disk and read the PDF file on it. I LIKE the feel of paper in my hand and the ability to read the manual where I want to read it so, I printed myself a copy from the PDF file.

My overall impression of the unit is WOW! HOLY CRAP! This thing does it all! I cannot IMAGINE what else you could possibly want out of a GPS unit. The Nuvi 660 has it all. When you register the unit, you'll enable the traffic updates in the unit, which are pulled in ONLY WHEN YOU USE THE ENCLOSED CAR POWER SUPPLY. The car charger has a built in FM receiver that sends the information to the Nuvi so, no car charger, no traffic updates! In Addition, the traffic subscription is only good for 90 days at which time you're supposed to purchase a subscription if you still want that feature to function. The Garmin website really isn't clear on WHERE or HOW MUCH a subscription costs so, I'm hoping that at some point in time I'll get something via snail mail alerting me as to WHERE AND HOW MUCH the subscription will cost me.

As to how the unit works, well, I setup the unit to drive me to a location and while following it's directions I deliberately missed turns and streets to see how fast the unit would get me back on track. (Yeah, I test things to their limits) (LOL) in every case, the Nuvi 660 found me a new route within seconds so I wasn't left freaking out. (Mind you, this might not work on a one way bridge...turn right and...aaaaaaaaaa....SPLASH) (LOL)

I could go on and on about the points of interests, the MP3 player, the jpg file reader, the ability to drag the map with your finger but my fingers are getting sore from all this typing. Let's just say, if you get the Garmin Nuvi 660 you'll be one happy camper! Oh and there's only ONE NEGATIVE I can find, you won't be able to use the old excuse" I got lost" any longer.

Happy Motoring!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2008 2:32 PM PDT

Motorola OEM Bluetooth Headset H700 with PowerFlip Foldable Microphone (Black color

3.0 out of 5 stars Can you hear me now?, September 14, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I purchased this as a replacement for my aging HS801 Bluetooth headset. I was optimistic however, I am sad to report that I do not see any difference in call quality or signal strength over that of the HS801. Oh sure it is small (about the size of a quarter when it is folded up) but what I WAS hoping for was longer battery life and better sound quality. The one thing that all these Bluetooth headset seem to suffer from is, bleed over from other RF sources. If you are in an area where you have a lot of other cellular or civil RF traffic you are going to find that the headset just disconnects your calls. One minute you are talking and the next you are saying" can you hear me now" repeatedly because the headset has disconnected itself from the phone.

Hey folks, I really did want to give this product a higher score but I have to be honest! If you want a stylish, cute, little Bluetooth headset and you can live with its shortcomings, what the hell, got for it. If on the other hand you want something more dependable with better sound quality, then I would into a Jawbone(tm) blue tooth headset.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6