Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kimberly Lynn > Reviews

Browse

Kimberly Lynn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kimberly Lynn RSS Feed

The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot
The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot
by Margaret McNamara
Price: $13.18
79 used & new from $6.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar Spin on the Three Little Pigs, December 10, 2011
I collect retellings of fables and fairy tales, and The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot is a stellar spin on the Three Little Pigs. Remember the menacing wolf in the original tale:

"Little pig, little pig, let me come in."
"No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin."
"Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in."

Children's author Margaret McNamara replaces the big bad wolf with the BIG BAD ROBOT. I'm also a space enthusiast, so this modern version caught my eye. The big bad robot attempts to crack and smack and whack down the doors of three little aliens' homes comprised of a shiny space rover, a passing satellite, and the third one made of stardust, solar panels, and a telescope:

"Little alien! Little alien!" bleeped the Robot. "Pull over! PULL OVER!"
"Not by the wheels of my trusty space rover!" cried Bork bravely.
"Then I'll crack and smack and whack your house down!" meeped the Robot.

LOL!

Young readers and space enthusiasts, like me, will enjoy this fun romp through our solar system. The text is quite clever and the illustrations are a riot.

McNamara + Fearing = Two thumbs up!

The Longest Night
The Longest Night
by Marion Dane Bauer
Price: $16.36
85 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a lovely picture book for the entire family!, August 14, 2011
This review is from: The Longest Night (Hardcover)
I think it's important to have a balance of cute and realistic animals in picture books. All too often we see cuddly creatures, and this can be misleading to children. The forest is wild, dangerous, and beautiful. Marion Dane Bauer and Ted Lewin did a fantastic job of giving us the truth in a way that begs to be read over and over and over again.

Feliz Navidad: Two Stories Celebrating Christmas
Feliz Navidad: Two Stories Celebrating Christmas
by David Diaz
94 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Feliz Navidad!, March 27, 2011
This is one of my favorite Christmas books. Cheers!

The artwork of David Diaz is quite striking, and it's the perfect match for José Feliciano's famous song. The mix of these two talented artists make for a lively read during the holidays.

Fancy Nancy: Aspiring Artist
Fancy Nancy: Aspiring Artist
by Jane O'Connor
Price: $10.41
145 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fancy Nancy, March 26, 2011
This is another winning installment of the Fancy Nancy series.

There are so many things I love about these books. First and foremost, each adventure is filled with "fancy" words that expand a young reader's vocabulary, though the text never feels like a lesson. The illustrations are whimsical and loaded with detail. This character defines what little girls are made of.

LOL!

Fancy Nancy: Aspiring Artist lives up to its predecessors. I particularly enjoyed how the story began on Sunday and carried through the week. Each day, Nancy has a new inspiration and discovers a variety of ways to explore art. O'Connor cleverly includes a bit of art history, while Glasser brings the images alive in a way that appeals to young minds. This latest installment would be especially beneficial for little ones who are less confident in their artistic skills. Also, summer will be here soon and how many times have you heard a child say, "I'm bored." There is never a dull moment with Fancy Nancy around. Put this title on your next book order, and have those art supplies handy. Readers will be inspired!