Profile for ZACKnSCREECHIN > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ZACKnSCREECHIN RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Price: Click here to see our price
131 used & new from $42.02

2.0 out of 5 stars RB and LB is the issue, November 27, 2013
the controller is the one and only reason I sided with getting the xbox one first.
I was okay with spending $100 more for the reliability of what i think is the best controller design in gaming.
However this controller is horrid due to RB & LB.
Its a hinge type button so not a full fledged button. You can press on the lifted "bump" portion closest to the home button. Its not a natural finger positioning to go from trigger to the outer pressable portion of the button.

Im sure this will get fixed ala the original xbox controller s due to the many complaints.

I will possibly get used to it but for people expecting the same feel of the original...you wont get it sadly
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 19, 2013 3:26 PM PST

Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Xbox One with Kinect (Day One Edition)
Offered by GAMEDIRECT(Two Day Shipping)
Price: $548.88
102 used & new from $359.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Next Gen pending System Update, November 24, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This will be brief as I have only had a brief time with my new system and will probably need to come back to this once updates are made to adjust the review.

Out of the box the thing is very big and bulky. The Kinect is bulky as well. Not an issue but something to note.
The initial setup is a long process. Once you are set you notice there isnt much n the dashboard.

Netflix seems to encounter errors after an episode or two now and must be closed. Netflix has achievements now which might be causing this issue... not too sure but it does get annoying.

You cannot play music or movies from external devices or from the hard drive like you used to on the 360. I read this will come later but as of no that hurts the system.

Essentially the system is good for gaming at the moment... Nothing else is working properly.
Kinnect works fine with voice recognition however i have yet to figure out how to use hand motions to slide to the next screen or select items.

The controller is smaller, thumbsticks are smaller, and the dpad seems rounded at the ends. Everything sort of sits low on the controller which make the dpad feel odd and the RB & LB button horrid.

The RB & LB buttons are the worst new feature. They sit lower on the controller and have more of a hinge effect where the top portion of the button (the part that sticks out most, or "bump) is either unclickable or hard to click. This is an issue that im sure i will get used to over time and position my fingers accordingly but this is a huge hit for me. I decided to buy the system due to my familiarity and preference of the xbox controller.

As of now the system is okay... It doesnt do much at the moment and the controller is less than favorable at the moment but I believe after some time and system updates it will be on par to the 360 and hopefully surpass it.

Next gen hasnt come yet... waiting on system update to see if it ever will

Freaks and Geeks: The Complete Series
Freaks and Geeks: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Linda Cardellini
Price: $36.49
11 used & new from $32.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta Love the shows you couldnt wait to come on TV hitting DVD, October 4, 2013
I watched Freaks and Geeks back either my last year of middle school or beginning of high school (99 or 2000). Cant Remember. It would play on ABC Family or Fox family I believe. Me and My brother would each hit our bunk beds, turn on our SUPER old bulb TV with the 80s channel box, took the slider to the channel of interest, and eager await the opening credits of the show Freaks and Geeks

We would laugh, yell, and feel with these characters,each new episode, till the end. It was by far the greatest show of my growing teen life. It was probably the only tv series (1 season mind you) that i kept up with.

When I saw this DVD set released I was so happy. The show was the show you would ask if others had ever watched and they would look at you like you were crazy and making things up (Same applies to the Littl' bits for some reason).

The mere fact its on dvd is amazing in itself. I dont really remember if there were extras aside from maybe commentary on certain episodes(?) but the joy of having these episodes to watch and enjoy again was worth the heavy price I paid for it at the time.

Do yourself a favor and pick up this series. Many "nobody's" at that time are now famous and that in itself should intice people to at least check it out. It was a great show to watch at the time and than later on seeing each actor pop up and instantly recognize them as that character from the show.

This was more of a memory lane journal entry than a review but hopefully this helped some off the field and head under the bleachers to smoke out and nerd it up with Freaks and Geeks

Projekt Fixie - Fixed Gear Track Frameset Frame Fork 60cm White
Projekt Fixie - Fixed Gear Track Frameset Frame Fork 60cm White

2.0 out of 5 stars no back brake guides or bottle cage holes, May 24, 2013
This frame is a pretty shotty frame but for the price its an okay get if your okay with this:
1.no guides on the frame or brake cable holders to guide the back brake line
2. no bottle bracket holes
3.welding is shotty. Will add pics in a bit
4. seems a bit heavy

in actuality you are probably better off finding a frame off a bike at a thrift and stripping the paint and painting it white.
I bought this for the white frame and thought the measurement guides were precise with the holes and such that they show. They must have taken a stock template road bike that has nothing to do with theres and added the typed measurements.

If your lazy and dont want to go through the trouble of finding a frame locally,striping,sanding,priming, and painting it to your liking get this.

I have emailed the seller to see whats the deal with the welding and missing holes in hope a got a fluke but no response yet.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Controlled Labs, White Flood Furious Fruit Punch 1.49 lbs
Controlled Labs, White Flood Furious Fruit Punch 1.49 lbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Taste AMAZING... but doesnt work for me, January 4, 2013
So I ran out of Jack3d fruit punch and wanted to try something new.
Heard great things about white flood so I thought I would try it.
Bought the product and tasted it. Its amazing. Super sweet like koolaid.

Almost like its super unhealthy for you (could be?)

Thats the only thing I noticed however. The taste is great but it isnt effective. I took one scoop and nothing. Took 2 scoops and get a small effect... nothing like 2 scoops of jack3d.

Not sure if its my mind playing tricks because im use to the intense tingles you get from jack3d, which this doesnt have, to let me know its in my system.

I will finish out the container but will def switch to something else after its gone

Square-Enix - Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Kai Vol. 5 figurine Cyborg Ninja 23 c
Square-Enix - Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Kai Vol. 5 figurine Cyborg Ninja 23 c
Offered by sammy shop
Price: $267.83
35 used & new from $232.40

4.0 out of 5 stars seems to be the most sturdy of the series, December 19, 2012
Just got him this weekend. I have Solid Snake, Meryl, and Solidus.
Snake was loose and torso joint can be popped off. Meryl's arms feel weak and have little movement and I fear breaking them when moving them, Solidus is very top heavy and the joints are a bit weak on the legs while the joints on the tentacles are very sturdy.

Gray Fox seems the best made. Seems very sturdy and only issue I had was his arm comes off but its only because you can replace it with the gun accessory.

He looks very nice and my only gripe would be his head looks very big. Makes sense however due to it being a helmet so it would be a bit bigger than the body.
Not worth the aftermarket price at all though. Look for a deal

Global Game Gear GGG0021 Grey Xbox Thumbsticks with T8 L Key
Global Game Gear GGG0021 Grey Xbox Thumbsticks with T8 L Key
Offered by amermedia
Price: $4.99
3 used & new from $1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing... Did the trick and Amazing Deal, December 11, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Note to all doing this with the wired controller. You will need to take the battery compartmnet out and peel away the bar code to reveal the 7th screw.

The screwdriver was included came in a nice plastic carrying box as seen in the picture and the screwdriver needed as well. Replaced the one thumbstick I needed and will have the second as backup.

With the screwdriver I was able to clean out the buttons and cracks as well to remove dead skin and fith that builds up.

I have 5 controllers but the one i use most is my original white i got back in 05. So happy I get to replace the thumbstick and clean my controller at little cost

Square Enix Street Fighter IV: Play Arts Kai: Akuma Action Figure
Square Enix Street Fighter IV: Play Arts Kai: Akuma Action Figure
Offered by eknight-media
Price: $57.80
13 used & new from $52.99

3.0 out of 5 stars typical play arts faults, December 11, 2012
Akuma is a nice looking figure. I am one of the few like like the face however I wish the color matched the body (seems a bit darker). Also the head seems a little small?

Like others here one of the legs pop right off. Its an odd way that play arts makes the joints. Od end cups the other in place but there is nothing there that keeps them together so if you do an extreme bend the leg pops off.

Granted this is better than actually breaking the figure but it still annoying at time to try and pose him only to find out... Oops, I bent his leg to far. I def like these figures ( i have ryu, chun li, and cammy as well) but akuma seems to be the trouble maker of the bunch.

Like all play arts figures the joints pop off easily and there is no stands. For the price if these figures arent going to be made more durable I wish theyed at least come with a stand

Square Enix Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Break Kai Solid Snake Figure
Square Enix Metal Gear Solid Play Arts Break Kai Solid Snake Figure
Offered by QunQunQun
Price: $343.72
25 used & new from $301.72

3.0 out of 5 stars So far the worst of the Metal Gear Line, December 11, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
OKay so I own street fighter play arts and the metal gear play arts. So far I own Meryl, Solidus, and Snake (grey fox is in the mail on its way).

Solid snake is the worst. his torso is weak and if you wanted to you can even pop it off its joint. The joint is a ball joint were the lower pelvis piece cups the torso piece that fits in.

His knees are very flimsy as well. This guy is super top heavy which explains why the knees and leg joints where out over time.

the socom silencer came bent due to packaging. They had the handgun in his hip holster with the silencer attache that lead to easy bending during packaging.

You can straighten out the silencer by heating it up a bit though.

Looks wise Snake is Huge and muscular. nothing like any of the games but oh well.

I gave him a super high fun rating because he is currently at my office desk and entertains me as I give him different poses from time to time plus everyone knows snake so people love to mess with him.

Ive had play arts figures joint pop off (Akumas leg) but the fact the the torso comes right off with comical and odd. Thankfully it holds well when you pop it back in but still... odd

Square Enix Metal Gear Solid 2: Play Arts Kai Solidus Snake Action Figure
Square Enix Metal Gear Solid 2: Play Arts Kai Solidus Snake Action Figure
Offered by Toystop
Price: $89.95
28 used & new from $81.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful with the sword and sword hilt, December 11, 2012
Was very happy to get my figure in the mail this past weekend. The box is huge. While taking out the katanas the hilt of the sword popped right off. Its held to the blade by a very tiny peg and glue. Very cheaply made. The holster for the katana seems very cheap as well. Id say the katanas are the worst part of this figure and look a bit funny so after I get my money back from the return and buy it again im leaving the swords alone.

The instructions dont tell you how to put on the tentacles either so i had to go online to figure that out. Very scary taking off the front chest piece. The plastic rectangle objects feel as if they can pop right off of the default chest piece.

The figure is solid and very durable but the katanas are not. Id be so worried if this guy toppled over. Id imagine its kill the katanas.

The joints seemed firm and not flimsy like my solid snake. In the end these are for display and not to play with or fumble with and for that reason I wish stands were supplied for all play arts kai figures

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5