Profile for Xanthophyll > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Xanthophyll RSS Feed

Risk Halo Wars
Risk Halo Wars
Offered by Texas Autosport
Price: $79.95
27 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good variation of Risk, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Risk Halo Wars (Toy)
I bought this to play with my bros, as we are avid risk players, and i was not at all displeased. The pieces are molded nicely, and are easy to distinguish by color, unlike my classic version pieces. The map is gorgeous and all of the countries have very bold borders so that you don't have to strain to determine where the country starts and ends. The countries are all pretty spherical, which aids troop clustering, which was a problem for us in classic risk, as some of the countries in the classic version were very long and narrow.

I will say, though, that i dislike the achievement system and the hero system that the game manual suggests, but my dislike is pretty irrelevant anyways, since my friends and I play by our own rules. We play with the classic ruleset on this beautiful board, with these beautiful pieces. It's worth the money, in my opinion. And hey, some people probably appreciate the new gameplay modes.

Only downside is that there's only enough pieces for five people, so my use of this set is more infrequent than i would like.

Embassy Men's Genuine Leather Bi-Fold Wallet (Color: Black)
Embassy Men's Genuine Leather Bi-Fold Wallet (Color: Black)
Offered by LilGift
Price: $9.95
8 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, January 10, 2011
For the price i paid(11.50), this wallet was a pretty good buy. The stitching came a little bit frayed, so i knocked off a star for that, but besides that, it's a great wallet. It's nice and thin, and it gets the job done. I'd recommend it.

Armitron Women's 75-2447BLK "NOW" Diamond-Accented Watch with Black Leather Band
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $27.89

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice watch, December 10, 2010
Bought this watch for my girlfriend as an early Christmas present. A few quick things i have to say about it:
-It's smaller in person that it appears in the picture
-The black band is quite thin
-The gold accents are only faintly gold; they appear more silver at a quick glance

All in all though, this is a beautiful, classy watch that would make a great present for the woman in your life. I approve!