Profile for bassplayer7 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

bassplayer7 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Road to Reality: Coming Home to Jesus from the Unreal World
The Road to Reality: Coming Home to Jesus from the Unreal World
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-changing read., July 12, 2014
This book is earth-shattering for likely almost any Christian. The Road to Reality gave me an entirely new perspective on so many practical areas of life. It opened my eyes to the importance of valuing eternal things instead of having a focus on the things that this earth brings. It is an interesting read with down-to-earth stories and personal examples throughout it. I highly recommend this book.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5s 5c; iPad Air 2 mini 3; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 4 3; Nexus 6; LG and More (Green)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro 6400mAh Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5s 5c; iPad Air 2 mini 3; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 4 3; Nexus 6; LG and More (Green)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This charger is great!, July 5, 2014
This has got to be one of the most convenient things I have for my electronics. The USB is very practical as I can charge many things without having to look for a wall outlet. While I haven't drained my iPhone 4S three consecutive times and charged it with this, I have been impressed with how many charges it will give my iPhone and I believe the estimate.

I recommend this product.

Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug 'n Secure Swing Blue
Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug 'n Secure Swing Blue
Price: $21.59
42 used & new from $17.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and it works - but won't last forever., July 5, 2014
This swing is very simple to buckle a child into and then un-buckle. Because it is plastic, it will break down in the sun, so don't plan on using it for more than roughly 5 years if it is in full sun.

Senbowe™ Mini Lightweight earbuds Wireless Stereo Sports/Running & Gym/Exercise Bluetooth Earbuds Headphones Headsets w/Microphone for Iphone 6 5S 5C 4S 4, Ipad 2 3 4 New iPad, Ipod, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phones Bluetooth Devices
Offered by SenboweDirect
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $14.71

2.0 out of 5 stars I won't be using them., July 5, 2014
For an inexpensive pair of Bluetooth headphones for light use, they would work great. I purchased them for running, and the main requirement I had for them is that they don't fall out. Sound quality and other features were less of a requirement. The lack of cord was an extra bonus.

The fit of the actual bud seemed reasonable, but due to the large size of the speaker/unit, just the actual bud wasn't a good enough fit to keep them in. I thought that wouldn't be a problem since pieces which go over the ear were included. However, either I have small ears (I am a roughly 6' male) or they designed it for very big ears (probably the later), but the pieces simply didn't do the job. They were just a little smaller then the outer part of my ear. As such they felt very loose to wear.

The sound quality was not very good. I currently mostly use SkullCandy INK'D earbuds which have fairly reasonable sound. These were certainly a step worse then them. Like I mentioned previously, that factor was not a basis for my not using them - I assumed it would be the case.

I paired them for the first time with my iPhone and then used them for some time. I then had to re-pair them when I re-connected them to my phone, which was strange. I didn't seem to have that problem on subsequent attempts.

Lee Men's Dungarees Relaxed Bootcut Jean, Mack, 29x32
Lee Men's Dungarees Relaxed Bootcut Jean, Mack, 29x32

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 year of use, February 10, 2014
Simply put: they lasted right at one year. I fill the pants, but try to be careful to not be hard on seams, etc. The crotch failed in a big way just over a year from when I purchased them.

Based off of my use of them, I would say that I would exemplify "average" wear on a pair of jeans.

In conclusion, if you want much more than one year out of your jeans, look elsewhere. Otherwise, fit, look, style, and everything is just great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2014 6:43 PM PDT

Still
Still
Price: $9.87
3 used & new from $9.87

5.0 out of 5 stars The is a beautiful album worth getting., January 22, 2014
This review is from: Still (Audio CD)
I highly recommend this album. With a beautiful style, Carter has gone beyond, and stepped above complex to simple – a simple that is very refreshing, and even encouraging to listen to. The meditative feel of some of the songs, most of which are entirely original, is relaxing and something that so much music misses. I enjoy each time that I listen to these songs.

Get this CD and enjoy each song! It is worth it.

Braun Clean and Renew Cartridge Refills, 4 Count
Braun Clean and Renew Cartridge Refills, 4 Count
Price: $20.14

5.0 out of 5 stars These work great., July 25, 2013
These are truly "frustration free", or are at least for me. They typically hold out for me for about 2-3 months typically. I don't shave as often as some though, so that could go up a little, perhaps, for some. It does a great job, and makes cleaning the shaver super easy.

Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House - Model BB1
Woodlink Wooden Bluebird House - Model BB1
Price: $20.99
14 used & new from $18.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Very adequate bird house, July 25, 2013
There isn't much to this bird house. The screws are included which makes mounting nice. I had to take both the screws on the side out (the hinges) in order to put the top screw in which took a little longer, but putting the screws back in was easy enough.

Klarus ST11 XM-L2 U2 Cree LED Flashlight, Grey
Klarus ST11 XM-L2 U2 Cree LED Flashlight, Grey
Price: $59.75
9 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, ultra bright light, July 25, 2013
This is an absolutely fantastic light, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an ultra-bright, moderately small light. It appears very well built - at least the outside construction - and durable.

To get the minor things out of the way first: I'm not super fond of the tail switch operation. It is a heavy click and has to be pressed a long way in for it to stay on. Also, I find the button on the side of the light to be hard to find. Neither a big deal, but still UX inconveniences.

There is certainly a ton on the good side. First, is, simply put: bright, bright. This light is blinding and the beam has an excellent throw. The brightest part of the beam is slightly larger (creates a larger circle) then some other brands (such as the Olight M20), but there is so much more quantity of light, that I like it that way. It gives me more of a picture when I turn it on.

The strobe setting - which is accessed by double tapping the side button - alternates between super fast strobing and fast strobing. When it's super fast, it's almost like the the light doesn't turn off complete, but instead just varies the output. When it's fast it seems like it does shut the light off completely during the off part of the strobe. I feel this is a brilliant, and excellent feature, and I believe I would recommend this light based off of that feature alone. I was very impressed.

When the light is on, the side button can be depressed briefly to turn the light onto Standby mode (turning the light off). When the button is depressed for < 1 second (roughly), the light returns to Standby. When pressed for > 1 second, the light will remain on. While it takes a little getting used to, I think this is a great feature that mimics the tail switch's momentary on, allowing one to turn it on ever so briefly to scan an area before turning the light back off.

The candlelight setting is absolutely fantastic. It like an ultra low setting as the light has High, Medium, and Low, and then Ultra Low. It is probably a second single reason for buying the light. It is perfect for casual times when one doesn't need much light. I find myself using this setting quite a bit.

One other thing I really like is that it defaults to high (like after swapping batteries). Typically when I want to turn it on quickly, I desire the high setting to be used and don't want to find another button to get it there. I make a habit of running the light for at least 3 seconds on High after having it on a lower setting, and before turning it off because otherwise it will remember the last setting that was run on for more than 3 seconds.

While it doesn't have a cigar ring, there are enough groves to keep it from rolling a long way. It does not include a holster, but I find that isn't a big deal for me as I just use the belt clip. It does includes a lanyard.

The bezel does get reasonably warm after running on particularly higher settings for awhile, but overall it seems to handle the heat buildup well.

I like how the head screws onto the battery part of the light as the connection seems solid and it glides on very nicely.

The light does go through batteries, so be sure to have a few extras around, and I personally would recommend rechargeables for that reason.

I would absolutely recommend purchasing this flashlight.

Champion Men's ECO Fleece Full Zip Hoodie ( Granite Heather, Small )
Champion Men's ECO Fleece Full Zip Hoodie ( Granite Heather, Small )
Price: $20.75
11 used & new from $18.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Certainly on the large side., May 23, 2013
There is no doubt that this hoodie is quite large - at least compared to what I am used to. I typically wear a small, but it feels more like a larger medium or a smaller large. Otherwise it feels nice, and looks nice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4