Profile for kld03c > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

kld03c "kld03c" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection
by John E. Sarno
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.00
92 used & new from $2.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a lifesaver and proof that western medicine doesn't know everything, August 17, 2014
I've been dealing with staggering back pain at the age of 33 for nearly a year. It started from something very simple and spiraled into 11 months of pure hell trying to figure out what was causing so much pain. I tried physical therapy, massage, acupuncture and epidural injections to no avail. I have a great job that I have worked hard for and serve as an officer in the military and was terrified to lose all these things I worked so hard for. After X-rays and MRIs showed nothing particularly exciting and 2 consults with orthopedic surgeons that resulted in the recommendation of a spinal fusion, I had to remind myself that the healthcare industry is very much a business. These docs both told me within 5 minutes of looking at my records that my pain was probably due to muscular instability from a degenerated disc and a fusion is the only surgical option. To say that I was mad was an understatement. Fortunately I have the common sense and mental stamina to not be a passive participant in my healthcare. I regrouped and stopped all of the treatments that hadn't been working for me. Well guess what happened? My pain started slowly decreasing after reading this book. I'm an open minded person and was willing to accept some of the theories discussed which is key. If you don't have an open mind you may not get much from this book. What I realized is that is my anger and obsession with trying to find a cure for the pain probably caused a lot more pain and stress which just kept the pain cycle going. I'm now shifting to viewing my pain through a psychological lens rather than physical as the book suggests. It's not easy but it is possible. Once I had that glimpse of a pain free life it really changed my attitude and propelled me forward. I'm a very analytical person so it will probably take me longer then others to fully accept everything and let it sink in lol I will also say that when I have an acute spasm I will get treatment for pain relief BUT it heals so much quicker now with my new understanding. I've also started to see a therapist and it initially was to deal with chronic pain but now it's time to shift to dealing with other feelings like anger and all of those other unpleasant feelings we like to sweep under the carpet! I'd recommend this after ruling out a serious diagnosis so that you aren't wondering in the back of your mind and aren't able to fully accept the concepts. I would also say to be strong when more interventional medical solutions are recommended such as a major surgery. It can be tempting to want a permanent fix but I would challenge readers to remember that many people still have pain afterwards. Try this first and you will be so happy that you did. It has truly changed my life for the better. This isn't a quick fix BUT it's a viable long term solution that requires effort and understanding.

Sentry Fiproguard Topical Flea and Tick for Dogs, 23 to 44-Pound
Sentry Fiproguard Topical Flea and Tick for Dogs, 23 to 44-Pound
Price: $13.99
8 used & new from $9.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work, July 27, 2014
I purchased this for my 11 year old pitbull that has never had fleas. I went to brush her yesterday and she's covered in flea dirt. Her last application was less than 30 days ago. This does not work for us and I would not recommend it. My cat has advantage and she doesn't have any fleas or flea dirt in her fur. I suppose it's best not to cut corners on cost for flea medication.

Skechers Women's Go Walk Slip-On,Black,8.5 M US
Skechers Women's Go Walk Slip-On,Black,8.5 M US
Price: $40.37
11 used & new from $40.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet, February 18, 2014
Unfortunately I have a disc issue with my back so my doc recommended that I get comfortable shoes. I did some research and found these and promptly purchased. I actually bought the suede shoes in black for work and they work great for business casual apparel. While I was in the waiting room to get a steroid injection for my back another woman sat down next to me and looked at my sketchers and said " aren't those the most comfortable shoes you've ever wore?" I agreed and she said she owns a pair in every color. She has bad knees and ankles. Our conversation in the waiting room prompted me to purchase another pair and write this review. I have also found the shoes to be true to size. The only reason that I didn't give these 5 stars is because they loose their cushion affect after a few months of wearing. I have a desk job and I only wear these to work. That's the only improvement that I would suggest.

Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Deep Pore Scrub, 4 Ounce
Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Deep Pore Scrub, 4 Ounce
Price: $7.99
12 used & new from $5.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well as Proactive, May 5, 2013
I started getting bad break outs on my forehead in my 20s and used a bunch of products. At that time proactive was the only one that worked but its pretty expensive. Fast forward a couple of years and I'm having the same issues with my skin. I saw the reviews for this product and wanted to see if there was a less expensive option. Much to my surprise this worked really well and I saw results in about 3 days or so. I use it once per day in the morning and use green tea face wipes at night. My break outs are hormone driven so its not completely gone but its a huge improvement at a much better price point.

Cracking the GRE, 2013 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation)
Cracking the GRE, 2013 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation)
by Princeton Review
156 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Test Prep Book Does Not Exist, February 18, 2013
In all I purchased 3 books to prepare for this dreaded exam. I purchased this one, Barron's and Kaplan. Of the three I found this one to be the most useful, especially the online tools. A lot of the other books seemed to be less organized and to the point. I have to be honest, I am horrible at math and so I focused more on that and the essay portion and thought I could wing it a little more on the verbal. I thought the math was much easier compared to the difficult vocabulary words that I have never in my life heard of lol The Princeton book does a great job of providing lots of them to learn. Personally, my memory isn't that impressive to memorize 100s of words (I also bought GRE Vocab Flash Cards). I would not recommend using the paper practice exams as it is much better to get used to the computer adaptive version. You want to simulate the test environment as much as possible. The ETS website has software that you can download that will allow you to do this and my practice scores from those exams were very close to my actual scores. My scores were not anything to write home about by I just finished my master's degree (3.96 GPA) and this test is not indicative of your success as a graduate student. One last recommendation, take a test preparation course if at all possible. Most people that I know that have taken them got better scores but I suppose that depends on how much self discipline you have as well.

NOW Foods Holy Basil Extract , 500mg, 90 Vcaps
NOW Foods Holy Basil Extract , 500mg, 90 Vcaps
Offered by Nutri Catalog
Price: $11.64
27 used & new from $9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, May 2, 2012
I have anxiety issues and it gets much worse when I'm stressed. I manage the symptoms by eating healthy, exercising and living a healthy lifestyle. Sometimes that's not always enough to help. I'm not a big fan of medication either. I was watching Dr. Oz and saw this as an idea for stress releif. Honestly I didn't have any expectations because I'm a skeptic. The first few times I took one of the capsules I had forgot i had taken them but felt noticeably more relaxed. It was a major shift but noteworthy. I view herbal options as one of many solutions to a comprehensive solution for stress and anxiety. I would say give it a try and check with a Dr. Before use if you are taking any meds and remember herbal remedies aren't regulated by the FDA.

Austin and Boxerman's Information Systems For Healthcare Management, Seventh Edition
by Gerald L. Glandon
92 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Served its Purpose, May 2, 2012
Although I'm glad to see that the authors were careful to cite all of their sources, this book read like a very long research paper. At times I found it to be distracting. There should be more headings, more definitions, bold terminology, richer index, more glossary definitions and overall should be more user friendly. I found it to be very difficult to go back and find specific information I needed when it was time to study for exams.

Invicta Women's 0122 Pro Diver Collection Mechanical Skeleton Stainless Steel Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed again with Invicta, January 16, 2011
This is such a cool looking watch. Again with Invicta, you are not going to see a lot of people wearing the same watch. As with all Invicta watches that I own, I get so many compliments from people. The face is the perfect size for a female and this can be worn in a casual or professional setting. The crystal casing clearly allows you to view all of the internal functionality. The stainless steel is a substantial weight and you can feel the quality of the material.

Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
by Steven Furtick
Price: $13.49
201 used & new from $0.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready to be inspired, January 16, 2011
Once I opened this book, I could not put it down. I am not a religious fanatic by any means but this book gave me a fresh perspective about what it means to have true faith. Pastor Furtick is someone that has so much passion for what he does, you can't help but be influenced. I watch his weekly sermons on the Elevation Church website in addition to reading the book. This book is especially helpful if you are experiencing a challenging time in your life. The 12 audacious steps are a structured reminder of the meaning of our lives. I know that this will be a book that I read over and over when I need some inspiration and a connection with God.

Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running: The Best Advice to Get Started, Stay Motivated, Lose Weight, Run Injury-Free, Be Safe, and Train for Any Distance (Runner's World Complete Books)
by Dagny Scott Barrios
Price: $11.28
240 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly informative--must have for female runners, January 16, 2011
If you are new to running, I highly recommend this book. It discusses common injuries for women, eating habits and injury prevention. This is important knowledge to have if you intend to start a running program or have a goal of entering a race. It also discusses how to choose shoes that fit correctly and other things someone new to running may not be aware of. This book is an easy read and can be easily referenced through out training. I purchased one for myself and one as a gift.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3