Profile for Stacey Dawn Brody > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stacey Dawn Brody "gemini29" RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Nothing so strange: The autobiography of Arthur Ford
Nothing so strange: The autobiography of Arthur Ford
by Arthur A Ford
6 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Most inclusive and generous book on mediumship by a master, January 14, 2015
The best and most eloquent autobiography of a medium, by the man himself. The story told is of a very active life throughout. Arthur Ford was raised a strict Baptist and enjoyed that path from a very young age, believing his life's work would be one of a Baptist minister, following his religious family line. Somewhere along the line, his beliefs did not strictly adhere to those in the Baptist community, and he realized he had to seek his path elsewhere. During time in the army, he dreamed of the names of soldiers would be on the morning roster of those killed in action. He did not believe it himself until he checked the list and found his dream to be true. This happened several days in a row. When he confided this to some of his fellow soldiers, they laughed at him, until he gave them that days list and sure enough, his list proved unfortunately correct.
I will not write a summary of the entire book, but just let me say that if you are interested in either Spirituality or mediumship or even a completely riveting autobiography, you could not do better than this book. It is the most complete book of one man's journey (either American or British) that I have yet read. Arthur Ford was completely generous, authentic and candid about his own gift. Never before this book have I read one in which the author reveals in such complete detail the mechanics and technicality (in other words, what happens when he uses his gift, what happens specifically with his mind and body) of his gift. He also reveals how, after a near-fatal car accident that claimed the life of his beloved sister and a friend, his doctor kept him on morphine longer than needed just to keep him in hospital and use Arthur's gift of mediumship. Unbelievably, at the time, alcohol was suggested as a cure for morphine dependency. Arthur, being a teetotaler all his life, was completely unprepared for the new addiction that formed when he broke his morphine addiction, but replaced it with one of alcoholism. He is not shy about crediting his recovery from alcohol to AA.
I keep saying how I won't summarize the book completely, and I seem to keep doing it! Just read this book (or any of the other books that Arthur Ford so very generously left us). If you love this treaure as much as I do, further reading of interest: Edgar Cayce, Doris Stokes, Leslie Flint, Ena Twigg, Ivy Northage, Gordon Higginson, Helen Duncan, George Hearn, M.B. Dykshoorn, and of course, Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda.

1 Pair US Size 8.5-9.5 Double Sealed Zippered Riding Velcro Waterproof Black Shoe Gear Rain Glow Safety Reflector Boot Covers Gaiters For Boating Fishing
Offered by Astra Depot
Price: $13.73

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems like every time I put on a new pair of ..., November 23, 2014
No more ruined new shoes!!! It seems like every time I put on a new pair of shoes and go out, I can be assured that it is going to pour and ruin the new shoes. Not with these, they are simply amazing.I am a woman and wear a size 8 1/2 shoe and boot. These fit right over the boot and act like a little raincoat for them. Just for your reference, I put them over a regular size and shape to boot (in other words, not an Ugg boot), and there is great coverage and it may be a tiny bit of ample room if you had a larger foot size.they go up to the knee, in case your boot is knee length. The bottom has a thick rubber soul for traction. Specifically, you step into these. I can't rave enough about them.

FlipSide: A Tourist's Guide on How to Navigate the Afterlife
FlipSide: A Tourist's Guide on How to Navigate the Afterlife
by Richard Martini
Price: $16.16
37 used & new from $10.56

5.0 out of 5 stars The movie, plus so very much more..., June 17, 2014
Same as movie? Anything new?
I had seen the movie Flipside and was completely astounded. I thought it was one of the most extraordinary movie the experiences I've ever encountered, and I am a major film/documentary lover. When I saw on Amazon that there was also a book entitled Flipside, just like the movie, I was curious to know if there was anything new in the book that was not covered in the movie. Strangely enough, I could not find one review that addressed this issue. I bit the bullet and bought the book. Happily (because I love the subject matter and the author/filmmaker), there is actually much information that was not in the movie. For example, the woman who was regressed to a lifetime as a victim in the concentration camps of Nazi Germany in the movie, the book goes on in much more detail, especially in questioning her after she had been awoken(which was not done at all in the movie). In the book, much more is learned about her council of elders and the reader is given specific details about questions she asks of them and their responses, as well is what they look like---form, color, thoughts---and their surroundings.
The book is also comprised of stories of hypnosis subjects, very clearly written and filled with the experiences of many clients of Newton-trained regressionists, and their LBL (Life Between Life) sessions. Each story starts with a short introduction by the regression therapist, followed by the short story of the actual session.
If you loved the movie (as I did), you simply must read the book. Most of the book is not in the movie. Also, if you are debating to either read the book or see the movie, I would urge you to do both. The book is very detailed, but the movie shows the actual sessions and the people and therapists, and the stories come alive. I really cannot speak highly enough of both the book and film.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2014 4:13 PM PST

Encounters with Angels
Encounters with Angels
DVD
Price: $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have read the reviews before renting!!, May 16, 2014
I have never given anything ONE star before. I am berating myself for not reading the reviews prior to renting. This short film (about 1/2 hour long) is basically a commentary on Christian theology of angels. A scant few photos and one very exceptional recording of supposed angels choir caught inadvertently on tape (part of the reason for even a one-star rating, as it is wonderful to hear, whether you believe it or not). I was so excited as to the promised content (from the title) that I didn't even think of looking at previous reviews---my mistake. Different interviews of Christian laypeople and theologians (British--I have not heard of any of them, nor are credentials listed) mostly about what the New Testament says about angels.

The Celestial Brides
The Celestial Brides
DVD
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done and full of emotional testimony and history..., May 14, 2014
This documentary may only be 1/2 hour long, but it is historically and emotionally full of strong personal testimony and information. It's focus is on a yearly festival where for a few, short happy days, hijra's (also known as other names and in various categories) are allowed to freely celebrate their sexuality. It's honesty is in parts sad (in many parts of Eastern India, homosexuality is a crime, punishable by 10 years in prison), but it is in the end, triumphant, as they have found a loving and strong and accepted place with people of the same mind and beliefs. Very highly recommended.

Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion (Gray)
Aylio Coccyx Orthopedic Comfort Foam Seat Cushion (Gray)
Offered by Aylio Wellness
Price: $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT product. What relief!! Wonderful seller. A+++++, May 9, 2014
This thick, padded and firm cushion is a lifesaver. My back went out completely for a week, and since then, it's been a process of recovery in which my lower back and the sides of my legs have been very slow to heal. I can't say enough wonderful things about this pillow. I plan to use it while sitting at my desk at work and have been seriously considering bringing it on my next plane trip (it is THAT great). Presently, I use it while sitting on my couch watching television, and am always very grateful. Thank you Aylio!

Superfood Protein Smoothie - Vanilla Creme 1lb
Superfood Protein Smoothie - Vanilla Creme 1lb
Price: $42.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This is GREAT, but STEVIA....., October 8, 2013
This product is really great. The package which is weighty, comes with a scoop inside for measuring. It is a pea green powder. I combined it in a blender with almond milk and about six ice cubes. The taste was really great (it tastes and has the consistency of a vanilla milkshake), but I wish they would've stated on the ingredients that Steve was involved. It says nowhere on Amazon's ingredients list nor on the Ground-Based Nutrition website that Stevia was one of the ingredients. I would've rather no sweetener than Stevia, which I absolutely do not like. The aftertaste nauseates me. This product was pretty expensive, and otherwise is really fantastic, so I will live with the Stevia sweetener. I ended up putting in 1 tablespoon of peanut butter which cut the Stevia taste somewhat.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 11:23 AM PDT

The Soul's Remembrance
The Soul's Remembrance
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Reading and writing about Heaven is a responsibility, so know that this has Christian overtones..., September 24, 2013
I am not saying that this fact is good or bad (I believe in learning, respecting, enjoying and garnering knowledge from many sources, as long as they are done in love). One of the best things a book can do is make the reader excited about the subject, so much so that they may want to share the knowledge with others. From that standpoint, I personally like/need to know about the source (in this case, Roy Mills). He describes his childhood, which was filled with several special and learning experiences, through adulthood. At approximately 3/4 through the book, the author speaks of meeting "the Virgin Mary" and Jesus is Heaven, pre-birth (the author's). There were questions I had throughout the book: how does the author remember so specifically everything that occurred pre-birth (specially not having spoken of it until well into adulthood)? How old was the author when he was told by an angel to share his remembrances?

HEM White Sage Incense 5 x 8 Stick Packs, 40 Sticks, IN222
HEM White Sage Incense 5 x 8 Stick Packs, 40 Sticks, IN222
Offered by Rainbowrecords239
Price: $5.85

4.0 out of 5 stars This is about as close as you'll get to a sage smudge bundle smell in an incense...., August 1, 2013
I love the smell of sage and often light the smudge bundles for that odor. These are a lot less pungent and don't permeate the room with smoke like the bundles. Consequently, I missed the "big" smell of the bundles and have returned to them. The sticks, by virtue of what they are, burn down and leave ash (messy), which the bundles don't, but I knew that from the start.

Yamamotoyama - Original Unsweetened Iced Green Tea Mix 1.4 Oz.
Yamamotoyama - Original Unsweetened Iced Green Tea Mix 1.4 Oz.
Offered by TA National Trading
Price: $9.45
4 used & new from $7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want your matcha iced, this is the one...., August 1, 2013
If you like matcha tea, but want it iced, this is the best! I've often made the matcha hot and then put it in the fridge to get cold and then drank it, but you cannot just dissolve the matcha in cold water (as it doesn't dissolve). This solves the problem. It tastes exactly like matcha and is made to be dissolved directly in cold water. Could not be any easier.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8