Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for CLBrown > Reviews

Browse

CLBrown's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CLBrown RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
A Brief History of Seven Killings
A Brief History of Seven Killings

1.0 out of 5 stars Indecipherable, February 8, 2016
Just terrible! I could barely understand a single sentence, (I have a degree so am not stupid) I am not exaggerating. Couldn't be bothered reading to the end, I made it to 10% of the book before I gave up, and consider I wasted my time. This won the Man Booker Prize? Who voted for it - must have been a bunch of condescending stuck-up literateri who thought they would show off their literate superiority. All their vote did was make me waste my money. My advice is save your money and your time and read something you can decipher.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, satisfying, enjoyable, wild!, December 20, 2015
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the most enjoyable books I've read all year and I had such a great time reading it. I was going to bed early every night so I could read more than I usually do - and I couldn't put it down. The book is put together brilliantly, Hayes is a great writer, as evidenced previously by his screen plays. And this book will certainly make one hell of a movie (the film rights have been bought), I can't wait! Pilgrim leaves Bond for dead! Do yourself a favour and read this book!!

Year of Wonders
Year of Wonders

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into life during the Black Death, October 23, 2015
This review is from: Year of Wonders (Kindle Edition)
This book ticked all the boxes for me, as I have always been fascinated with life during the Black Death after studying it at university. The author gives a great description of the impact on families, communities, and everyday life. The book is extremely well researched and written, and gives a fascinating insight into the ordinary nitty-gritty of life and people's psyche during these times. The ending was a bit strange - really out of left field, and the pace was really rushed compared to the rest of the book, however I still really enjoyed the overall book and that can be attributed to the great work of the author.

The Ultimate Headache Free Migraine Diet: A Comprehensive 30 Day Migraine Cure Plan (Migraine Treatment, Headache Pain, Headache Cure, Headache, Headache Free, Pain Free, Headache Pain Relief)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Get better information for free on the internet, June 27, 2015
30 day migraine cure plan? What a ridiculous claim as any true migraine sufferer would know. You can try with all your might to prevent them, but they aren't curable, they are a neurological disease. The author of this book hasn't the first clue. This is not a comprehensive guide and gives some really bad advice as far as diet for migraine sufferers. You can find much better information for free everywhere on the internet. The diet is NOT migraine, it contains so many migraine triggers it is laughable (potatoes, onions, citrus, bananas, tomatoes etc etc). The only true review of this book is the other one star, besides my own. To add insult to injury the formatting is woeful.

Bodyweight Exercises for Women - Simple Exercises to Help you Lose Weight and Sculpt your Body (Fit Expert Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST VALUE EXERCISE BOOK BY FAR, May 7, 2015
This is really SIX books in one! I could not believe it as I kept scrolling through, thinking I had come to the end of the book only to find there was another section by a different expert. Every exercise is clearly described and there are PHOTOS of people doing the exercises so you know you are doing them right! This book needs a new cover to promote it better - it is fantastic!

Recipes from the Southern Heart: Volume 2
Recipes from the Southern Heart: Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG the cakes!, April 30, 2015
The cake recipes in this book are just amazing and worth getting the book for on its own. I've mostly made cakes from packet mixes - 98% success rate, but it gets boring, I'm not from the South so some of the ones in this book are truly exotic to me and my family. I'm in charge of providing our family birthday cakes and will be showing up with these - next birthday is my Dad's and he'll be getting the Cold Oven Whipping Cream Pound Cake, YUMMO! I love the family story too and the history of the recipes, makes you feel connected and privileged to share.

Buried: Department Q Book 5
Buried: Department Q Book 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, April 28, 2015
Not up to the usual standard of the first four Dept Q novels. I actually kept going back to the cover to make sure I had the right book when I started reading it, as it didn't sound like Jussi's writing at all, not for a long time. Everything gradually unfolds but it takes a long time and I missed the usual characters for half a book. Some things were just all over the place and some were just too coincidental too often. A great story in the end, and very enjoyable.

How to WRITE Your Book FAST: A Foolproof Guide to Transforming Your Ideas Into a Manuscript in record time. (Taking your Idea out of your head, onto Paper and Into a Book)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great assistance for writers to get cracking!, April 27, 2015
If you have been thinking of writing a book, or have started and stalled, then this book is an excellent guide to get you going much faster. It covers absolutely everything you need to make your book a success, and things that you probably haven't even thought of, from pre-planning to publishing. Full of positive encouragement and a can-do attitude, the author is right, YOU can write a book with his help!

Remembering Raven: Cheyenne (A Paranormal Romance Series Book 1)
Remembering Raven: Cheyenne (A Paranormal Romance Series Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, April 24, 2015
I so enjoyed this book for lots of reasons. I loved the setting and the story draws you in right from the first. It is great that it is well written and well paced and everything is unveiled at exactly the right time. The characters are likeable, have depth and mystery, and are fully fleshed and believable. I am hooked on this series!

Slow Cooker - Crock Pot Recipes Guys Devour: Mouthwatering Crock Pot Recipes! - Original & Delicious (Slow Cooker Recipes Book 1)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone will love these recipes!, April 17, 2015
My boyfriend (bad cook, no imagination, single dad) needed a recipe book for his slow cooker and I am SO glad I bought him this one! What should be in it but some fun 'Not Under 21' recipes that he makes for us when the kids are gone for the weekend, such as Bubbline Beer Chicken, Beer Braised Beef, and Chicken Margarita! YUMMO! There's heaps of other GREAT recipes too, so the kids are getting lots of variety now and everyone is happy. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8