Profile for Liron > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Liron RSS Feed (San Jose, CA United States)

McGraw-Hill's SAT Vocabulary Flashcards
McGraw-Hill's SAT Vocabulary Flashcards
by Mark Anestis
Edition: Cards
Price: $15.81
62 used & new from $6.69

2.0 out of 5 stars More like SAT flash-papers., January 18, 2012
These "cards" are papery and a giant pain to manipulate. They don't behave like playing cards or index cards. They make studying vocab, which is something I actually like, a chore.

I just gave it an extra star because the content of the cards is pretty good.

JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
JLab JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds (Black)
Price: $8.24
5 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit in your ears, work as advertised, February 8, 2008
I was looking for a pair of earphones that I can walk around with and won't fall out of my ears like every other pair I've tried. I'm completely satisfied with these. The fit is good, comfortable, and I can even run without them falling out.

Also, the sound quality is good and they do block out some noise. This is a quality product.

How to Win Friends & Influence People
How to Win Friends & Influence People
by Dale Carnegie
Price: $9.04
215 used & new from $4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, December 18, 2006
This book was life changing for me. The biggest insight is simply to think about what other people want. This is an eye-opening read for those of us born with a less than perfect social nature, and I cannot recommend it more emphatically.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Up There, November 14, 2006
I've been wearing this watch for over a year now, and I've been quite satisfied. Here are all the disadvantages I could think of. I think this list would be longer for other watches -- I am just nitpicking.

1. Sometimes the button to switch between AM/PM and 24-hour time gets accidentally pressed, so I have to press it again to change it back.

2. The illumination button serves a double purpose as a reset button. I think having two separate buttons would be a little nicer.

3. The rubber ring into which the strap goes just broke, so I am buying a new one of these.

But I think this is watch is really up there in its class for a number of reasons:

1. I think it looks elegant, solid black with some blue, even though wearing a cheap digital watch is not very macho.

2. The backlight is great. It's not one of those crappy little green bulbs. It's an even, easy to see, cyan glow, and it doesn't even get washed out by the sun on a typical day. Very nicely done.

3. The display is very nice, as another reviewer mentioned. The digits are crisp, and a good size. The normal display shows the day of the week and day of the month -- very handy.

Overall, I am impressed. They got a lot of things right that most digital watches screw up. It's nice and well-designed, and very inexpensive.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 2:32 AM PDT

A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates
A Million Random Digits with 100,000 Normal Deviates
by Rand Corporation Rand Corporation
Price: $63.17
30 used & new from $43.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Nearly A Million, September 3, 2006
This book does not even come close to delivering on its promise of one million random digits. My expectations were high after reading the first sentence, which contained ten unique digits. However, the author seems to have exhasted his creativity in this initial burst, because the other 99.999% of the book is filler in which those same ten digits are shamelessly reused!

If you are looking for a larger offering of numerals in various bases, I highly recommend "Peter Rabbit's ABC and 123".
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 31, 2013 4:30 PM PDT

Brief History of Rhyme: Greatest Hits
Brief History of Rhyme: Greatest Hits
3 used & new from $12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsterrific! Scientific!, January 14, 2005
This album is brilliant. Why, just its music mixes and phat beatz alone are better than many real rap songs. The fact that it's supposedly from a world-famous astrophysicist laying down the fundamental laws of the universe is only a hilarious bonus. I am a huge MC Hawking fan. His content has never disappointed. You could put on some beatbox and rap this with your own voice. It seriously sounds good! Mr. Leavitt-Lawrence is a talented and witty man.