Profile for Paul Konopacki > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Paul Konopacki RSS Feed

USB 3.0 Internal Bay Multi Card Reader
USB 3.0 Internal Bay Multi Card Reader
Offered by antonline
Price: $42.55
34 used & new from $25.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on arrival, January 1, 2014
This unit was to replace the exact same model I already had. Mine has bent pins in the CF card slot from CF cards being inserted incorrectly. Who designs a multi card reader where one of the card types needs to be inserted UPSIDE DOWN?!

This unit came DOA. Power light never came on. I swapped my old unit back and forth with this unit and the same results. Sad too that the return policy for the vendor of this product says: "Customers are responsible for return shipping cost under all circumstances.".

All GOOD companies test their equipment before it goes out the door. This unit has no moving parts, so no way it could have been damaged during shipping. I will make a follow up comment to let everyone know how well their return/replacement policy works. If I have a good experience, I will bump the rating up.

1/17/14: follow-up
Mailed the product back at my expense on 1/3/14. Tracking showed it was delivered on 1/6/14. Assumed they were going to send a replacement. Heard nothing for a while, so I emailed them on 1/17/14:

Me: "Item was returned by mail two weeks ago. I am waiting on information about a replacement or refund."
Them: "Processing can take up to 5-7 days."
Me: "Tracking says you received it on 1/6/14."
Them: "We have notified Amazon of your pending refund and they will issue you a refund per their policies. Thank you and have a great day!"

So ... They send me a bad part. I pay to have it shipped back. I have to proactively ask them, "what's up?" I get my money back for the part, but I've had to eat shipping. And now I have to find another supplier of the part. Learned my lesson. AntOnline - never again.

Verbatim 25 GB 6x Blu-ray Single Layer Recordable Disc BD-R, 25-Disc Spindle 97457
Price: $21.00
90 used & new from $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive coasters, March 17, 2012
I've had only a 50% successful burn rate with is brand and this type. 1/2 end up with errors. As others have recommended, I will now switch to another brand. I've already wasted hours with this one.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2014 1:13 PM PST

PBL SANDBAGS HEAVYDUTY PHOTO VIDEO SADDLEBAG 4 BAGS HOLDS 20LBS OF SAND NEW Steve Kaeser Photogrphic Lighting & Accessories
Offered by STEVE KAESER PHOTOGRAPHIC LIGHTING & ACC
Price: $24.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap zippers; poor quality assurance, November 20, 2011
Filled the bags up with sand today. That's when I found out the terrible condition of the zippers. There are 4 zippers to each bag; two on each side. Quality is cheap. Sometimes they would get off track or not bind properly. On one bag, one zipper had pulled off on one side so the zipper was useless. On another bag, two zipper pulls were on the same zipper! Apparently no quality assurance was done to the bags before they were shipped.

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Upgrade Cable Powered eSATA - STAE103
Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Upgrade Cable Powered eSATA - STAE103

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a warning, than a rating, September 7, 2010
I can't rate this product (but I am required to select a rating in order to enter a comment) because I never got it to work on my Dell XPS 420 desktop computer. I just bought three GoFlex drives that I use with the supplied USB 2.0 cable for external data backup. I wanted to get more performance out of one by using the eSATA connection on my Dell 420. I ordered this product, but when it did not work, I Googled the issue and it turns out some people had to reinstall their operating system with a certain parameter set to make this work on the Dell 420. No way was I going to do that! So I reluctantly returned the upgrade cable.

Sony MDR-G57G S2 Sports Street Style Headphones with Reflective Ear Piece (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought two - right side went out on both after about 6 months, September 7, 2010
Tried two of these and they both broke in the connection to the right ear piece. There is definately a design flaw. Fits kinda tight, too. Moving on to a different brand.