Profile for LaLande > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LaLande RSS Feed

Bananafish Migi Little Tree 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set
Bananafish Migi Little Tree 4 Piece Crib Bedding Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous! Great unisex design, April 21, 2011
PROs
This set is so cute! I just love the unisex theme and colors.
The quality is great.
It washes well.
CONs
Unfortunately, this set is discontinued and you won't likely be able to buy any of its accessories.
Also, you can't buy multiples of the fitted sheet for changing soiled sheets.
Price. Typical price of a crib bedding set, but... Now that my son is here I realize you could totally do without the expensive set. You really could get by with just a mattress pad and a few fitted sheets

Amscan - Baby Shower Clothesline Garland
Amscan - Baby Shower Clothesline Garland

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I envisioned.., April 21, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my baby shower. It had a clothesline theme and I thought this product could be a great centerpiece. I thought the pieces would be smaller, but after receiving it I re-looked at the website and it is as described. The string is about 4 foot long and has 7 baby items on it. The quality is VERY POOR. Would suggest buying Barbie's Kelly outfits, string and miniature clothespins.

Graco Baby SnugGlider Infant Car Seat Swing Frame (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Price: $67.99
15 used & new from $61.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small spaces (and car seat storage!!), April 21, 2011
Graco SnugGlider Swing holds SnugRide Infant Car Seat

I bought this glider after reading these reviews. The price is good --about 2/3 the price of most other swings-- and it can be folded down and put away. I live in a one bedroom apartment so that was especially nice. My little guy likes his swing. It's a safe place to put him when I make his bottle. I like being able to pop him onto the swing when we come home from a car ride because he is sleeping.

The swing takes 4 C batteries -- so far I've used it for about a month and haven't needed more batteries.
The vibration and sound features take 2 AA batteries.

PROs
-Small, lightweight, compact.
-Less expensive
-Vibration soothes baby

CONs
-The swing speed control is a dial. Off/slow/fast. Because the weight of your baby effects the motion (as it would in any swing) I have to turn up the dial 3 times to get a short swing (for my newborn) and there's not much more dial to go for "full speed." It makes me wonder how long (up to what baby weight) it will still work.
-The swing mechanism makes a pretty loud clicking noise, typical of swings but it may annoy you and there are quieter swings available
-No AC plug in
-Controls in awkward spot
-Sound feature is limited just on/off

None of these cons are a big deal to me, however, if you want a swing with more features that also holds a Graco car seat try: Graco Sweet Peace Soother Swing, Cuddly Bear though this one is almost 3x as expensive.

Parent tip: If you want your baby to fall asleep in the swing try to only put them in it when they're calm so they think of it as a restful place.