Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Mikey > Reviews

Browse

Mikey's Profile

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mikey RSS Feed (NC, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Grand Prix Legends
Grand Prix Legends
2 used & new from $44.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Still one of the best!, May 22, 2011
This review is from: Grand Prix Legends (Video Game)
Although it does need patch files to run correctly it's still the best out there. Use a search engine and look up "Grand Prix Legend Installer." Thats updates all the graphics, sounds, tracks automaticly. And with some newer PC's you will also have to updated the resolution file. On that same page they have forums with links to fix that problem, its a small file you just download and install automaticly again. Once you do those two things, the game with todays PC's work perfectly.

Oh and I am using WINDOWS 7! So it does work with all version of Windows.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 [Blu-ray]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by Sissy's Wholesale
Price: $16.99
65 used & new from $2.50

3.0 out of 5 stars I agree with most reviewers, April 30, 2011
I started watch it on DVD with an upscale player and first thing I did notice was the poor quality in video. Usually with new releases and the upscale DVD player, it turns out really well, not as good as Blu-Ray but still a pretty good picture. Not the case with this one. WOW. Lots of jagged lines around the images like I was watching a bad copied version. I never thought they would have done this to todays Harry Potter.

As for the movie, It was slow alot of the times. I started to get bored really. The action scenes were good but it felt to me like they were trying to kill time around the middle part of the movie. That with the poor quality, I didn't enjoy this release as much as the past chapters. I hope they fix part 2.

Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption
Price: $11.00
401 used & new from $2.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game all around., February 20, 2011
This review is from: Red Dead Redemption (Video Game)
I wont go into the details too much as everyone has already covered it. This is about as good as it gets to the feeling of the old west. When you play it, you get the feeling you are really there and know what it felt like back then. The movements as in the horses are dead on. You can be as good as you want or as bad. They leave that choice entirely up to you, none of it is forced on you. This is basicly a simulation of a western. You can rent rooms, buy whatever in the stores and choose what mission you want to do in any order or just skip them. Theres no real set path, its all up to you as it would be in real life. You decide what happens next, thats the best thing about this game. And just as in life as an example, suddenly you get rebels that come blasting through town guns blazing and you can either just stand there and do nothing or go after them and blow them away. You will be very impressed with it all especially the graphics. Doesn't get much better than this!

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Xbox 360
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Xbox 360
Offered by PIP GAMING
Price: $46.97
72 used & new from $1.74

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a good game once you get past the beginning, February 12, 2011
I've owned this game since the first day it was released on the Xbox. At the start and coming from TDU 1, I was very disappointed in the detail of the cars in the dealer like most have said. And most people go for the classic mustang as a starter car. Thats the biggest mistake. That car handles like a fish and now you are stuck with that car to try to make money. Best is to choose the little red hatchback (forgot what it is). I've been driving it all over the island to unlock the roads and it runs great for what it is. And as you explore more and more the scenery is amazing. The cars seem to look better too. The game just gets better and better as you play it. People are finding this out now. There are bugs in the game as always but still not enough to bother you plus give it a month, they will release patches. I'm not going to go into all the details as if you read other reviews they cover that. The handling of the cars is different from TDU1. I will say I am disappointed the most about how the cars drive is in TDU1 I was able to "power brake" it and smoke the tires. Now soon as you hit the brakes, all four wheels lock up and the throttle lets off. Plus all cars have this high stall converter to where everytime you take off, it revs all the way up then lets you go. So thats my biggest complaint about the game that most here havent said anything about. I give it 4 stars because it is still great to cruise as TDU1 was. Night time, rain, headlights, lightning storms at night all add to it.

*Update* I now give it 3 stars because the servers are down yet again today. Games no good if you cant even turn it on! Sending mine back. $50 is too much to pay for that. I'll get it again once it goes down to $20 and IF the servers are fixed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2012 10:31 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work! A+ Best and strongest one out there!!!!, December 17, 2010
I have had this dark rim across my forehead where the rim of a baseball cap rests. I really dont think its from the hat as I hardly wear one and so I think its sun damage. I've used scrubs everyday and it never got lighter until I tried this cream. It took a solid 2-3 months for me to see it work but that dark rim line on my face is gone. What I did was for the first month I used day and night. When I got up, I washed my face then applied it only to the dark area. Then used face scrubbing pads at night to get all the dead skin off and appied it before bed. Then the last 2 months I only applied it at night after the scrubbing pads.

I have had that stupid dark line on my face for so long I can't believe it's actually gone. It is a tad greasy when it drys thats why at night is the best but also I am very prone to breakouts and this creams NEVER made my skin breakout. I think it smells fine too.. It smells just like any other lotion and after 3 months of using it that much the jar is still almost full! Thats how long it lasts and I put it on thick too. Oh and dont worry about when you apply it.. it is white but fades to invisible in 5 minutes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Women just love it!, December 16, 2010
I will have to say after using this since my early 20's.. everytime I slow danced with a woman.. they would ALWAYS comment on how good I smell. You won't believe it until you use it. Not much more to say about it.. it's cheap price wise too for what it can do for you. AMAZING!

ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
2 used & new from $130.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid 4 stars for performance.. 5 for being 16:10, December 14, 2010
Going to keep it short. I've tried 5 other LCD 22-24 inchers. All different brands. Most had great colors but they were all 16:9. Unless you set the resolution at 1920 X 1080 pictures were all smashed making everyone look overweight so not good anything but movies. Like everyone says, this is the last one that is tall not just wide.

Color is VERY blue you do have to adjust the settings alot. I tried other peoples settings and this is what i've found to be the best..
R)100 G)92 B) 75

The brightness 75, contrast 53, sharpness 54.

Now the brightness is set kinda low because brightness bothers me so just adjust the brighness by 5 up or down and at the same time to do contrast. Example. 80 bright, 58 contrast.. or lower 5 at a time.. 75 bright, 53 contrast. But to both at the same time by 5 either up or down. If you make the brightness too far away from the contrast.. it looks bad. Keep the brightness higher than the contrast also.

Anyway.. the first one I received had a bad pixel or it was burnt out. Looked like a piece of dirt when the screen was all white. So got a second one and this one has nothing wrong with it. No bad pixels at all. So don't settle for anything less than perfect. I wasn't about to look at a white screen with a dark dot staring at me forever. All LCD's are a gamble for that so I didn't blame Asus. I've had others brands do that to me too with bad pixels.

Comes down too.. this is PERFECT for the net, work, games. It does really well at movies too but you will have an additional black bars at the top and bottom. I'm not talking about the usual black bars with movies.. these are another set beyond those black bars but that still doesnt bother me.

Predators (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Predators (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Adrien Brody
Price: $9.87
67 used & new from $2.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge fan of predator but a tad disappointed with this 1., October 23, 2010
I do have the blu-ray version. Quality or clarity is "ok" not as clear as say Transformers as an example. I was REALLY looking forward to watching this because I LOVED Predator 1 and I knew they were trying to get that same feeling but the problem is is that they used the SAME lines.. the SAME plot! I mean I felt like I was watching part 1 again but a 2010 version. There was Arnold again covered with mud with a girl at the end! They could have had the "team" feeling again WITHOUT the same story. I can't even give this a 4 star rating. I didn't feel like COOL this was pretty good. I felt, it was so so at the end when I turned it off. Yes they did add a few new monsters (the dogs were cool) but then they kept adding the old sayings and movements. Everytime I heard or saw something from part 1 set my mood backwards. I didn't feel that edge of my seat feeling I had with part 1. I would have had a better experience if they just made it fresh like some of the movie is. It was like watching a re-make is almost the feeling. But trying to re-make something that didn't need re-made.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2010 3:46 PM PDT

The Road Warrior [Blu-ray]
The Road Warrior [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by PrimeTime Merchants
Price: $15.00
54 used & new from $2.07

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. They did a great job!, October 23, 2010
I actually own the Blu-Ray of this movie and I have to say for an older movie they did a fantastic remaster of the transfer. Most older movies don't get the clarity this movie has on blu-ray. It's like seeing the movie for the first time again and thats from a person that is VERY picky about what blu-ray's to own. This one you will NOT regret owning on blu-ray. Go for it!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they do as good of a job on the "Alien" trilogy thats coming on blu-ray.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2011 9:55 PM PDT

Iron Man 2 (Single-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
Iron Man 2 (Single-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by Shopville USA
Price: $18.88
54 used & new from $4.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but as good as the part 1?, September 29, 2010
I just watched part 2. Mmmmmmm.. It was a good movie with alot of action and they didn't go overboard with it like some reviewers say. I think it was a good balance with action just like part 1. But what I think part 2 lacked was the story. Part 1 had a better story to tell because he was discovering IRON MAN and thats always the best of any movie. The thing is as with most movies, part 1 is usually the best because the story is fresh and new. I think if there never was a part 1 and this was the first of the series.. then it would get a higher rating. But theres that part 1 to compare it too now and so this is what happens. Would I own it on Blu-Ray? YES. And thats saying alot because it has to be a great movie for me to actually buy it. I watched it on a rental DVD but I will buy it on Blu-Ray now that i've seen it. I give it 4 stars because 5 stars to me means theres no better movie out there but I give it a good 4 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6