Profile for Mikey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mikey RSS Feed (NC, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid 4 stars for performance.. 5 for being 16:10, December 14, 2010
Going to keep it short. I've tried 5 other LCD 22-24 inchers. All different brands. Most had great colors but they were all 16:9. Unless you set the resolution at 1920 X 1080 pictures were all smashed making everyone look overweight so not good anything but movies. Like everyone says, this is the last one that is tall not just wide.

Color is VERY blue you do have to adjust the settings alot. I tried other peoples settings and this is what i've found to be the best..
R)100 G)92 B) 75

The brightness 75, contrast 53, sharpness 54.

Now the brightness is set kinda low because brightness bothers me so just adjust the brighness by 5 up or down and at the same time to do contrast. Example. 80 bright, 58 contrast.. or lower 5 at a time.. 75 bright, 53 contrast. But to both at the same time by 5 either up or down. If you make the brightness too far away from the contrast.. it looks bad. Keep the brightness higher than the contrast also.

Anyway.. the first one I received had a bad pixel or it was burnt out. Looked like a piece of dirt when the screen was all white. So got a second one and this one has nothing wrong with it. No bad pixels at all. So don't settle for anything less than perfect. I wasn't about to look at a white screen with a dark dot staring at me forever. All LCD's are a gamble for that so I didn't blame Asus. I've had others brands do that to me too with bad pixels.

Comes down too.. this is PERFECT for the net, work, games. It does really well at movies too but you will have an additional black bars at the top and bottom. I'm not talking about the usual black bars with movies.. these are another set beyond those black bars but that still doesnt bother me.

Predators (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Predators (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Adrien Brody
Price: $5.99
78 used & new from $1.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge fan of predator but a tad disappointed with this 1., October 23, 2010
I do have the blu-ray version. Quality or clarity is "ok" not as clear as say Transformers as an example. I was REALLY looking forward to watching this because I LOVED Predator 1 and I knew they were trying to get that same feeling but the problem is is that they used the SAME lines.. the SAME plot! I mean I felt like I was watching part 1 again but a 2010 version. There was Arnold again covered with mud with a girl at the end! They could have had the "team" feeling again WITHOUT the same story. I can't even give this a 4 star rating. I didn't feel like COOL this was pretty good. I felt, it was so so at the end when I turned it off. Yes they did add a few new monsters (the dogs were cool) but then they kept adding the old sayings and movements. Everytime I heard or saw something from part 1 set my mood backwards. I didn't feel that edge of my seat feeling I had with part 1. I would have had a better experience if they just made it fresh like some of the movie is. It was like watching a re-make is almost the feeling. But trying to re-make something that didn't need re-made.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 26, 2010 3:46 PM PDT

The Road Warrior [Blu-ray]
The Road Warrior [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by Super Fast DVDs
Price: $9.73
38 used & new from $3.04

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW. They did a great job!, October 23, 2010
I actually own the Blu-Ray of this movie and I have to say for an older movie they did a fantastic remaster of the transfer. Most older movies don't get the clarity this movie has on blu-ray. It's like seeing the movie for the first time again and thats from a person that is VERY picky about what blu-ray's to own. This one you will NOT regret owning on blu-ray. Go for it!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they do as good of a job on the "Alien" trilogy thats coming on blu-ray.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 2, 2011 9:55 PM PDT

Iron Man 2 (Single-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
Iron Man 2 (Single-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: $19.96
45 used & new from $1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but as good as the part 1?, September 29, 2010
I just watched part 2. Mmmmmmm.. It was a good movie with alot of action and they didn't go overboard with it like some reviewers say. I think it was a good balance with action just like part 1. But what I think part 2 lacked was the story. Part 1 had a better story to tell because he was discovering IRON MAN and thats always the best of any movie. The thing is as with most movies, part 1 is usually the best because the story is fresh and new. I think if there never was a part 1 and this was the first of the series.. then it would get a higher rating. But theres that part 1 to compare it too now and so this is what happens. Would I own it on Blu-Ray? YES. And thats saying alot because it has to be a great movie for me to actually buy it. I watched it on a rental DVD but I will buy it on Blu-Ray now that i've seen it. I give it 4 stars because 5 stars to me means theres no better movie out there but I give it a good 4 stars.

Clearasil Daily Clear Tinted Adult Treatment Cream: 0.65 OZ
Clearasil Daily Clear Tinted Adult Treatment Cream: 0.65 OZ
Price: $3.59
23 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been using it for 10 years now. I buy nothing else!, August 26, 2010
I've been using this ADULT tinted cream for 10 years now and I buy nothing else. This is the only cream out there that will NOT ever eat your skin as others will make your skin red and irritated. You can apply as much as you want even cover your whole face with with at night in bed ( thats what I do) and never and skin irritations as I do have VERY sensitive skin. There is another TINTED version out there but it's not adult and it WILL destroy your skin so be aware that it must say ADULT on it. And one of the best things about it, it will work as a cover up to hide what blemishes you do have.

Xbox 360 4GB Console
Xbox 360 4GB Console
Offered by Computer Gear(No Tax everywhere)
Price: $203.99
195 used & new from $88.88

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet!, August 6, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox 360 4GB Console (Video Game)
The best Xbox so far. The matte finish, price, 4GB internal is plenty for game saves and some add-ons. If you want more memory, just add 1-2 16GB USB flash sticks. I use USB drives for game saves and full game installs. This way I never have to worry about IF the system breaks on me. I'll always have my personal saves on the flash sticks. I never trust hard drives as they are more prone to fail over a flash stick. Thats why I didn't keep the 250GB version. Plus I don't do demos so I don't need that kind of space. Matte finish does not collect dust and hair like the gloss version does which drove me crazy as I did own the 250GB version for a short time until this version came out. VERY HAPPY with the arcade.
Comment Comments (19) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 3:47 PM PDT

Xbox 360 250GB Console
Xbox 360 250GB Console
74 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Classy looking, much improved all around., July 2, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I just received my new Slim 360 today. It's transfering my saved data from my last Xbox Jasper that I might add was not broke I just wanted this one. I'm just using an external USB drive to transfer, you do not need that transfer cable. Just being on 10 minutes I do feel a TON of heat being pumped out of side vent where the fan is(above the CPU)and thats understandable afterall the CPU is right under that fan. I had my TV on mute and there is zero noise coming from the 360.

As far as the gloss finish.. WOW I actually like it. It looks very classy as the gloss black and chrome as well as the shape makes it look awesome. New LCD TV's come in gloss black also so it just matches my TV perfectly. Just touch the vents only when you unpack it and to set it up as I have no finger prints on mine because I did it that way. Yes i'm picky that way.. lol.

So all in all in my opinion, they really did do alot to it. If I have any issues with the hardware in the future, I will update this. A+ so far.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2010 1:36 PM PDT

Gladiator (Sapphire Series) [Blu-ray]
Gladiator (Sapphire Series) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Russell Crowe
Offered by Another Man's Treasure 77
Price: $14.95
56 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome in Blu-Ray on my end., June 26, 2010
I've read alot of people not liking the picture in Blu-Ray but I have no idea what they are talking about. All the colors and clarity are there. It's even standard AND extended version as it gives you a choice of which one you want to watch. Not much more to say about it. The movie itself is great as we all know and now the blu-ray made it better. I watch it on my Panasonic player with the Samsung 40in.1080P LCD TV and the picture just pops out at me. So 5 stars here.

Gates 38379K Enhancement  Component Kit
Gates 38379K Enhancement Component Kit
Price: $118.27
24 used & new from $96.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get on but works great!, June 7, 2010
You must have 2 people to install this. Go rent ( it's free at autoparts store with $30 deposit but you get it back when you return it ) a belt tensioner tool. I had to go under the van ( 2000 Caravan ) to get to the nut on the tensioner. It's hard to reach but you can get to it with a rachet and extensions. With belt off, change tensioner then loosen the alternator bolts so the alternator swivels downward. This will allow you to slip the new belt on as your helper uses the tool to keep the tensioner loose so you can slip the new belt on. Then one person holds the alternator where it should be ( bolts are still in it it's just loose) and the other person tightens the alternator bolts. DONE. I don't know how people are getting it over the A/C because my A/C has a ridge on the pulley. The alternator method was WAY easier on a 2000 Dodge 3.3 liter. Newer engines are designed differently though so the A/C might have no ridge. Been driving it for months now.. zero issues. No way can it come off. Only draw back is a garage mechanic will wonder how the heck do you get the belt off now. LOL.

Avatar (Two-Disc Original Theatrical Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Avatar (Two-Disc Original Theatrical Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by MoreThanMachines
Price: $18.46
102 used & new from $2.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be 5 stars BUT deleted scenes is a major let down., May 7, 2010
I've seen this in the Theaters and there are deleted scenes in this Blu-Ray version. There is a sex scene that is gone for starters. Been awhile since i've seen the Theater version but that I do remember. And i'm sure there is more missing that I don't recall as I've heard the 15-20 minutes are missing. I'm sorry but people are buying this movie because they loved it so much in the Theater. How fair is that that they are not getting what they viewed the first time? Plus people that have not seen it yet are not getting the full experience. I don't rate it lower than 4 stars because it is a good movie and i'm not going to blame the movie for what they did to the Blu-Ray. Quality of the picture is A+ though. Wait til they release the extended version to buy it on Blu-Ray. If I knew, I would have never pre-ordered this version.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2010 5:08 PM PDT