Profile for Nick A. Bowman > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick A. Bowman RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Zero Theorem [HD]
The Zero Theorem [HD]
DVD
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars "Brazil" Revisited, May 9, 2015
Essentially a remake of "Brazil," but with better visual effects and a worse story. Instead of escaping in dreams, as Sam Lowry does in "Brazil," Qohen Leth escapes in a virtual reality simulator. And instead of working for the Ministry of Information, Leth works for ManCom. Almost everything else is the same. I suspect that only hardcore Terry Gilliam fans will enjoy this film. Everyone else will probably give up before the end, if they even start it.

NBA 2K14 - Playstation 3
NBA 2K14 - Playstation 3
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $16.99
144 used & new from $8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 2k yet, August 2, 2014
The best 2k yet. Improved graphics and gameplay. I own two earlier NBA 2k games and this is my favorite. For some reason, 2k12 would always freeze up on my PS3. Don't have that problem here. My only complaint is that I wish is wasn't LeBron-themed.

Cardiac Universe
Cardiac Universe
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Cardiac Universe (MP3 Music)
I picked up this album a couple of weeks ago. It's incredible. Mountains of Earth have a very unique sound that combines elements of punk, hardcore, math-rock, stoner-rock, and maybe a tiny bit of emo/screamo. Their musicianship and songwriting is top-notch. Singer/guitarist Michael Strozier, bassist Jennie Filak-Richter, and drummer Walter Richter have the chops to bring prog-rock complexity to a punk rock context. Cardiac Universe is definitely one of the best albums so far this year!

The Mysterious Stranger
The Mysterious Stranger
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, January 20, 2013
This is a very good book by Mark Twain, but not one of his best. I read somewhere that another author finished this unfinished novel by Twain. I don't know if that's true, but the book did seem to lose steam at the end. Still definitely worth reading. A mediocre book by Twain is still better than most authors' best work. I should note that the book has a very clear anti-religion message. If you are offended by such content, you might want to skip this one.

Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Price: $14.59
199 used & new from $5.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, December 16, 2012
This is one of the best video games I have ever played. And definitely the best Batman game I have ever played (including all the way back to NES). The game studio is Rocksteady. And the gameplay is very similar to a Rockstar open-world game (GTA, Red Dead Redemption). You get to roam Arkham City and choose which missions to play (although you do have to do them in some kind of order). The graphics are amazing, among the best I have ever seen. The story is great. I would recommend this game to any Batman fan, or any video game player.

Assassin's Creed - Playstation 3
Assassin's Creed - Playstation 3
Offered by A & B Network Distribution
Price: $16.99
208 used & new from $0.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, December 16, 2012
This is one of the worst games I have ever played. It is very boring and repetitve. If I had played it when it first came out, I might feel differently. But playing the game now (Dec. 2012), made it very boring. I bought it thinking that I would buy all 3 Assassin's Creed games and play them in order. After playing 10 hours on this one, I don't think I'm going to buy the other 2. The graphics and gameplay might have been cutting-edge in 2007. But now it feels like going back to PS2.

Red Dead Redemption - Playstation 3
Red Dead Redemption - Playstation 3
Price: $15.89
237 used & new from $4.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Game Ever, March 9, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the best video game that I have ever played. I connected with John Marston in a way that I never have with another video game character. Rockstar really outdid themselves with this game. The story, gameplay, characters, and graphics are phenomenal. Playing this game feels like living in a movie. I never liked Westerns until playing this game.

Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes
Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I Might Be Too Old To Love This Album..., January 26, 2012
...but I don't care. This album is classic. Some might call it "emo." I call it "rock." Every song on this album is great. Way better than Cursive's new stuff.

The Ugly Organ
The Ugly Organ
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Album, January 26, 2012
This review is from: The Ugly Organ (MP3 Music)
This was the first Cursive album that I ever got. It's so good. It's their first album where they tried to expand their musical repertoire. It was their most ambitious album today. Everything after this has sucked. But we still have this album.

A Confederacy of Dunces
A Confederacy of Dunces
by John Kennedy Toole
Price: $9.41
673 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, September 16, 2011
I just finished reading this book. It is one of the best books I have ever read. Toole's prose is beautiful, but not showy. Toole is a masterful storyteller and its a shame that he died young. I can't recommend this book highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2