ARRAY(0x96813b40)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 448

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Ray RSS Feed (TN, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
100% 'Anti-Snag Guaranteed' Scarf Hanger / Organizer - The "Green" Scarf / Neck-Tie / Belt Hanger, Wooden Neck-Wrap Storage Holder - Strong, Natural Scarf Rack For Closets - From FSC Certified Sustainable Forestry With 10 Chrome Rings For Multiple Scarf Storage - Environmentally-Friendly Gift Idea - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy scarf hanger fits small spaces but holds plenty of scarves, April 18, 2014
I’ve had a bunch of scarves thrown over the door to the entertainment armoire in my bedroom for years, which frankly looks pretty sloppy. I used to have them on a scarf hanger, but it was plastic and broke when I last moved. Not only that, but it was as wide as a regular clothes hanger, and wouldn’t have worked where I wanted to hang it in my current closet. It was fine if you have room to hang it on the clothes rod, but I wanted it on a hook on the wall inside my closet, and it wouldn’t fit there.

Lifestyle Environmental’s Scarf Hanger/Organizer does, however. It is much more narrow than my old plastic scarf hanger, and it fits perfectly in the small amount of wallspace I chose for it. It will hold ten scarves if you don’t want to double up in each loop, but you can put more in if you insert several through each.

The construction of this scarf hanger is very sturdy, and I already like it much more than I did the old plastic hanger.

I received a complementary scarf hanger to review, but would definitely buy another should I need it in the future.

3-Piece Spatula Set -Made out of ONE PIECE silicone - 1 Spoon Spatula & 2 Regular Spatulas a big 10" x 2", and a small 8" x 1" (RED)
Offered by Brooklyn Deals
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great spatula set handles any kitchen task I've tried them with, April 18, 2014
One of my very favorite kitchen utensils is a good silicone spatula. This is one of those tools I can never have enough of. I recently received a complementary set of the 3-Piece Spatula Set -Made out of ONE PIECE silicone for review and absolutely love it.

My mother loves what she calls a ‘spoon-ula’. I haven’t had one of these before, but there was one included in this set. It is almost exactly like the silicone spatula I am used to, except it has a shallow indention that is very handy with some dishes. Both the spoon-spatula and the plain spatula are 10”x2”. There is also a smaller spatula that is only 8”x1”.

The larger spatulas are perfect for most kitchen tasks. The silicone holds up when stirring hot dishes on the stove and the straight-edge ends do an excellent job of scraping the bottom of a pot. The same spatulas work equally well stirring cold dishes in a mixing bowl. The smaller spatula is wonderful for scraping ingredients out of small containers like canned foods or sour cream.

The beauty of these spatulas being one piece is that there are no crevices for food to get trapped in, promoting food poisoning or cross-contamination. Also, one solid piece means less chance of it breaking.

These tools can be easily washed by hand, but are fine in the dishwasher as well.

I would recommend this spatula set to anyone who cooks.

Satechi ReadMate LED Desktop Magnifier (Red)
Satechi ReadMate LED Desktop Magnifier (Red)
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lighted magnifying glass makes even the finest print legible, April 18, 2014
I have good eyesight and no need for eyeglasses, but sometimes print is so small even I can’t read it. Several gadgets I’ve acquired recently come with printed manuals with extremely small print in them. Then there are those devices that you can’t read the serial numbers on when you try to register them. I usually break out my cheap magnifying glass for these items, but I recently received a complementary unit of the Satechi ReadMate LED Desktop Magnifier to review and haven’t used that old magnifying glass since.

Not only does the ReadMate provide better magnification, but it has a built in light which makes it even easier to read the fine print.

The ReadMate comes in its own hard case that zips up so it stays protected in your purse, briefcase, or backpack.

I would recommend the ReadMate to anyone who sometimes has trouble reading small print or to those with impaired eyesight that can be aided with a magnifying glass.

TaoTronics TT-BS010 Automatic Sensing and Scan Handheld BarCode Scanner USB Wired, Optical Laser, Long Range, Standing Bracket Included
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handheld barcode scanner works well and will help me catalog my media collection in no time, April 18, 2014
I have a lot of media that I want to keep: books, compact discs, video games, and movies. I purchased the suite of Collectorz software to enter all of my media into databases to help keep track of it and, more importantly, prevent me from buying additional copies of something I already own. The Collectorz software lets you enter each title in manually, but that can be tedious when you have as many books as I do, not to mention the other media.

I elected to take advantage of Collectorz ability to scan bar codes. At no extra cost, you can install their smartphone app and use the camera on your phone to scan the bar codes on each item. This worked, but it was somewhat slow and tedious.

When TaoTronics offered me one of their TaoTronics TT-BS010 Automatic Sensing and Scan Handheld BarCode Scanners to review, I accepted without hesitation. I had already been searching for a good barcode scanner to purchase and have had very good experiencew with other TaoTronics products.

The day I received this scanner, I plugged it into my Windows 7 laptop and it immediately installed the driver. Within two hours I had all of my video games and movies scanned and entered into my Collectorz programs. Once the barcode has been scanned into the Collectorz database, it matches it on the internet and downloads all relevant information for that barcode, saving tremendous work and time.

This scanner has a little stand you can use if you want to keep your hands free for whatever you are scanning, but I found it faster to hold the scanner gun with my right hand and wave it over item in my left hand. The stand worked fine, but my personal preference was to hold the scanner when scanning the media.

With this scanner, I should have my book collection done before too long. Once I get it in the database, it will be much easier to keep up with which books I haven’t read yet, which I want to keep, and which I want to give away.

I would recommend this barcode scanner to anyone who is in the market for one.

TaoTronics® Mobile Scanner Handheld Scanner Document Scanner 900DPI Colour & Mono Handyscan For Document, Photo, Receipts, Books + JPG / PDF Format Selection(Insertion of Micro SD Card) TT-DS001
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $56.99
2 used & new from $56.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Handheld scanner is great for scanning book pages comes with great OCR software, April 18, 2014
For years I’ve toyed with the idea of buying a handheld scanner for a cookbook project. I use Mastercook software to store my recipes, which makes it easy to find one quickly based on an ingredient, name, or any other information in the recipe. The problem is, I have a bookcase full of printed cookbooks too. The house I moved to a couple of years ago has less space than my old townhouse, and I really don’t have a great place to keep the cookbooks, so I have wanted to scan all of my favorite recipes from the books, then OCR them and import them into my Mastercook software for my own personal use. Once this is complete, the plan is to put the cookbooks in good plastic storage boxes in the garage. I don’t want to get rid of my cookbooks altogether, because I might want to search them for a recipe again in the future, but I want them out of the way to make more room in the house.

The problem is that it is difficult to scan the recipes well on a flatbed scanner, which is all I have had up to now. When TaoTronics offered to send me the TaoTronics® Mobile Scanner Handheld Scanner Document Scanner to review, I jumped at the chance.

This canner has been fantastic so far. I’ve done a number of recipes already, and it is much easier to get a good scan of a book page with the handheld scanner. The page does tend to curve a little towards the spine, but this doesn’t seem to affect the success of the OCR job that I run it through.

The TT-DS001 comes with very good OCR software: Abby Finereader. When I first installed it, all of my Microsoft Office 2013 programs were hosed. I couldn’t open Outlook, Word, Excel – anything. When I uninstalled Abby Finereader, the problem went away. I then reinstalled Abby Finereader, and disabled the option to integrate with Microsoft Office. This worked much better for me and provides all the OCR capability I need.

I’ve also been scanning recipe photos from the cookbooks to store with the recipes in my Mastercook software, and the color photos have turned out very well with this scanner.

The scanner has a slot for a Micro SD card, which was not included. They support a card up to 32 GB in size, which is plenty for most tasks. After scanning, you can either remove the card and insert it into a card reader on your computer, or you can connect the scanner to your computer using the USB cable provided in the package. Both methods are extremely easy to use for transferring the scanned files.

You can set the scanner to scan either JPG or PDF files, and the dpi is customizable for 300, 600 or 900 dpi. For anything you plan to run through an OCR job, I recommend scanning with at least 600 dpi.

I am thrilled with the performance of the TT-DS001 and would recommend it to anyone who has a need for a handheld scanner.

Eachine Silver 3000mAh portable backup External battery Lip-stick power bank Charger with super bright flashlight for iphone 3 4 5 Samsung S3 S4 i9300 i9500 most Smartphones and other USB-charged devices(2 in 1 charger cable can make you charge 2 devices at the same time)
Offered by ThorFiredirect
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight power bank fits in a small purse or pocket and can charge my smartphone fully twice, April 18, 2014
I used to buy spare batteries for my cell phones and smart phones. The problem with a spare battery is if you are on a call when your battery is almost drained, you have to end the call and shut down your phone to put the extra battery in. Now that power bank chargers are so affordable, it makes much more sense for me to use a power bank to keep my devices charged on the go so that I never miss a step while on a call.

The Eachine Silver 3000mAh portable backup External battery Lip-stick power bank Charger is one of my favorite power banks. With only 3000mAh, it can charge my smartphone fully about twice, and is so small and light I can easily carry it even in my evening bag. My other power banks have been much larger and add a bit of weight to my purse.

To determine if this power bank is right for you, ask yourself how you need to use it. Do you need something that can power multiple devices simultaneously? Do you require the ability to charge your phone or tablet more than twice without recharging the power bank? If so, then this is probably not the device for you.

If you want something that can easily fit in a pocket or purse without weighing you down, and provide a good two full charges to most smartphones, then this is a fantastic option.

To top all that off, it also has a built in flashlight, so if you find yourself in a power outage, you can keep your phone charged for a while and see your way around in the dark with this one device.

I received a complementary unit for review purposes, but I would definitely buy another of these if I lost it or broke it. It would also make a nice little stocking stuffer.

[NEW RELEASE] Saicoo™ 8A/40W 5 USB High output Ports Car Charger(83cm Cable Length), with separated ON/OFF Switch /LED indicator and one Silicone Paste and Velcro, Charger for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4; iPads and iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 2; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; HTC One X V S and more ¨C black
Offered by Saicoo
Price: $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges all of my devices well and still has an extra port for a passenger, April 18, 2014
These days, we all have several mobile devices that need to be kept charged when we are on the go. I personally have a smartphone for work and a personal smartphone, a GPS, tablet, and couple of Bluetooth headsets that charge using a USB cable.

With that many items to keep charged, I find that the Saicoo™ 8A40W 5 USB High output Ports Car Charger comes in really handy. I used to use a multiple port socket extender for the car charger, but these can be bulky. The Siacoo device only has USB ports, which are much more compact than the car charger ports and so the device itself is much smaller.

With this device, I can charge up to five different devices that use a USB cable to charge. I can also power off the ports that are not in use. I never use all five USB ports by myself, but it is great to have a spare for passengers to plug into if they need to charge their phone while in my car.

I would definitely recommend this car charger to anyone who wants to be able to charge multiple devices via USB in their vehicle.

KitchenDoReMi 3PCS Ceramic Knife Set - 6" Chef Knife, 4" Utility Knife, Vegetable Fruit Peeler - Sharp, Lightweight, Durable, Stain Resistant, Chemically Inert - Ideal for Straight Cuts of Fruits, Vegetables and Boneless Meats - Easy to Clean - Perfect Complement to Your Cutlery - Best Kitchen Knife Set
Offered by YCLStore
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceramic knives slice with ease and are easy to wash, April 18, 2014
My grandfather gave me a set of ceramic knives years ago, and they’ve worked so well that I didn’t hesitate to accept when offered a complementary set of the KitchenDoReMi 3PCS Ceramic Knife Set to review. This set contains three pieces: a 6-inch chef knife, 4-inch utility knife, and a vegetable peeler.

As with my older ceramic knives, the manufacturer recommends that this set be washed by hand and never in the dishwasher. Actually, some of my Henckel’s knives have the same recommendation, so this doesn’t bother me – especially since they are easy to wash. I use a sponge on the knives and my dish brush on the peeler.

Everything I have used the knives on so far has been a breeze. I’ve cut vegetables and fruits so far, and have been impressed with how easily these knives handle all of them. The peeler also works well, but if you are used to the side peeler, this top peeler takes a little adjustment at first. Once you get a feel for it, it peels marvelously.

The bright green colors are lively and easy to locate in the drawer. I would recommend these knives to anyone who is interested in a good set of ceramic knives.

Silicone Baking Mat Set (3 Piece) - 3 x Premium Non Stick Liner Baking Sheets in Silpat Baking Mat Style - Heat Resistant, Flexible, Easy to Clean Kitchen, 100% FDA Compliant, FREE Cooking eBook, 1 Year No Fuss Guarantee
Offered by StarPack Products
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $22.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Food slides right off them and everything cooks well, April 7, 2014
In the past few years, I’ve taken to putting a piece of parchment paper down on my cookie sheets before baking anything on them. I find I usually don’t need cooking oil with the parchment paper and everything seems to cook a little better. Not only that, but it keeps my cookie sheets from discoloring with cooked on oil, etc.

When offered the Silicone Baking Mat Set (3 Piece) to review, I was intrigued enough to accept. I naturally wondered if they would work any better than the parchment paper. Having now used the silicone mats, I can say I like them better than the parchment paper, although I won’t give up the paper completely.

The parchment paper comes on a roll, so it has a tendency to curl up when you want it to lay flat. These mats have no such issue – they just lay completely flat on your pan. Each edge also has a little snip across the end rather than coming to a point, which makes it easy to get your finger under the corner when you want to lift the mat off the pan.

So far I’ve used the baking mats to cook Shake and Bake Pork Chops and home made Chocolate Chip Cookies. Both cooked very well. I didn’t use any oil or cooking spray on the mats either time I used it, and every particle of food slid off the mats with ease. If you bake cookies, you know that several batches in, the cookies cook a little darker on the bottom from the oil residue left from previous batches. Also, using oil or cooking spray on the pans can cause the cookies to spread too much, making them thinner. I had none of these problems with the baking mats.

It is recommended you wash the mats by hand, and this was easy to do since nothing stuck to them. I found it simplest to hang the mat over the wall dividing the two sides of the kitchen sink, then brush down with my sponge. It is much easier to scrub them with a hard surface underneath them.

I am very happy with these baking mats and would highly recommend them to other cooks.

StufZ Burger Press
StufZ Burger Press
Offered by Amazing DEALS Online
Price: $10.09
29 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes great Blue Cheese burgers once you get the hang of it, April 7, 2014
This review is from: StufZ Burger Press
I love Blue Cheese burgers, but you lose so many of the blue cheese crumbles to the grill when you try to warm it on the patty while cooking. If you buy blue cheese, you know it is a little pricier than most cheese slices (but worth every penny.) The idea of putting the blue cheese inside the burger appealed to me, but doing this by hand was cumbersome, and I gave up on it.

Then I received a StufZ Burger Press for review. I was so excited, I made burgers that very week. The first two patties weren’t very easy to do, and I was ready to rate this device with either two or three stars. Then I made a third patty and finally realized what I had been doing wrong on the others.

The device is a round cylinder with a removable flat piece in the bottom and a plunger on top. You put a ball of ground beef in the bottom, then pus the plunger down to make a pocket. Add your filling, then put another piece of ground beef over the filling before using the plunger to seal the burger ‘shell’ together. I kept thinking things might be easier if this little latch didn’t keep locking when I was plunging. I had to keep undoing the latch to pull the burger plunger. Then it hit me that I was supposed to leave the latch locked while pulling the plunger up. If you don’t, the meat stays stuck to the plunger when you pull it up and is harder to get out. Leave the latch locked, pull up the plunger, then unlock the latch and your burger will realease much eaier. I did use a table knife to remove the bottom disk, but that didn’t pull the burger apart.

Once I figured out that trick, the rest of the patties were much easier and quicker to make.

The really tricky part is figuring how long to cook your burgers and when to take the first bite. As it turns out, the blue cheese crumbles completely melt when inside the burger. I don’t mind a medium rare burger, so I cooked this in my indoor grill for only 4-5 minutes, and still the cheese melted completely. Blue cheese is apparently pretty runny when it is thoroughly melted, and it runs out on your hand. After the first couple of burgers, I started letting the burgers sit for a few minutes after I took them off the grill, to give the cheese chance to set and drip a little less.

I’m happy with the StufZ Burger Press and will definitely use it when I want Blue Cheese burgers again. I will be experimenting with some other stuffings too – I think I may try it with roasted garlic next…

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20