Profile for Jennifer A. Ray > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 393

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer A. Ray RSS Feed (TN, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BeoPlay A2 - Grey
BeoPlay A2 - Grey
Price: $399.00
2 used & new from $371.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly phenomenal sound in a portable speaker, December 16, 2014
This review is from: BeoPlay A2 - Grey (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love music and carry my iPod Classic everywhere I go. I have my whole music collection on that iPod so I can enjoy any song in my collection. I also have a lot of my favorites on my Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone. My iPod Classic requires headphones or an external speaker to listen to them and although the Samsung phone has a speaker built in, a phone’s speaker is never really ideal for listening to music.

The BeoPlay A2 – Grey is a great option for me. With its 3.5mm audio port, I can plug my iPod or other devices directly into it, but with its Bluetooth connectivity, I can connect many more devices to it wirelessly.

The BeoPlay also has a USB port built in that you can use to keep a device like a smartphone charged using the battery in the BeoPlay. That battery can last up to 24 hours, but if you use it to charge another device, it would shorten that time. One thing that disappointed me about the charging function is that it only charged a device while it was playing sound from it. If I stopped playing something on my smartphone, the BeoPlay powered off after a short while and then stopped charging my phone.

The BeoPlay comes with a power adapter to charge it, but no other cables. You must provide your own 3.5mm stereo cables or USB cables if you need them.

The sound on this speaker is really phenomenal. It gives 360 degree sound coverage and the audio quality has a depth to it you just don’t get on a smartphone speaker.

I am very happy with this speaker. If it could charge a device even when not playing audio from it, I would give it 5 stars, but since it does not, I have to give it only 4 stars.

OXO Cookware  Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Dishwasher Safe Open Frypan, 10-Inch, Gray
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooks well, but arrived already dented, December 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I cook a lot and have found that a good pot or pan makes all the difference in how your dish turns out. My favorite pots and pans have been KitchenAid, but I have used some other good brands as well. Until I received the OXO Cookware Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Dishwasher Safe Open Frypan, 10-Inch, Gray I had not used a pan by OXO before, only there kitchen gadgets and utensils.

This pan has a good weight to it and cooks well but it arrived with a slight dent on one side so the pad is not perfectly round already. I didn’t see any damage on the shipping box so I don’t know if this dent occurred before it was shipped or during transit. I am disappointed that this pan was so easily damaged given its price point. The dent doesn’t affect how I cook with it, however, it does make me doubt the longevity of this pan.

If you’re paying full price for this pan I’d recommend looking at them better brand like KitchenAid but if you find this pan on a very good sale you may like to invest in it.

Purrfect Arch Self Groomer with Bag of Catnip, Cat Grooming Arch
Purrfect Arch Self Groomer with Bag of Catnip, Cat Grooming Arch
Offered by DNA Response - Authorized Seller
Price: $19.20
16 used & new from $18.39

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats' new obsession!, December 8, 2014
With five cats in the house it can be difficult to give each of them enough attention every day. Although all of my cats like to be brushed, a couple of them are obsessed with it to the point that it is difficult to brush any of the other cats because they’ll but in and take over. Enter the Purrfect Arch Self Groomer with Bag of Catnip, Cat Grooming Arch. This self groomer is my cats’ new obsession. I’ve had it a few weeks now and they are still as interested in it as they were the day I set it up.

The arch comes into pieces which you need to assemble but all you have to do is stick the two posts on the ends of the arch into the holes on the platform and you’re done. The next step is to pour a little catnip inside the platform using the hole underneath and the provided catnip and then set it somewhere your cats can enjoy it.

My cats started rubbing on it almost immediately and I found that rather than rub under the arch they usually rub themselves along the side of it. This is good information for those with larger cats who may not be able to go through the arch as easily as my smaller cats could. Mostly my cats rub their cheeks on the bristles of the arch. This has definitely alleviated my cats’ obsession with being brushed although it doesn’t take its place entirely.

The arch is lightweight and it moves easily as the cat rushes themselves against it unless they stand on the platform while doing it. My cats rarely stand on the platform of brushing against it. I now have one part of the platform wedged under a lag on my exercise bike to keep it steady for them to brush against.

I had been looking for an affordable self groomer four months and this arch has fulfilled everything my cats and I needed in such a tool. I am very pleased with it and would highly recommend it to any cat owner.

I received a complimentary sample unit for review.

(Newly Improved) I AM MUG® 226228-668 Push Button Coffee Lens Cup Travel Mug - Inspired by Nikon 24-70 Lens Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun coffee mug has an easy pushbutton lid, December 8, 2014
I like coffee and preferred to drink it out of travel mugs went on the go because I’m a little clumsy which never works well with hot beverages that stain easily. The I AM MUG® 226228-668 Push Button Coffee Lens Cup Travel Mug is a fun travel mug that is designed to look like a Nikon 24–70 camera lens. They’ve done a great job of making a mug that might full someone if they saw it from the side for just a moment, but anyone can easily see it is not a camera lens if they notice I AM MUG® label on the lid. That is fine since the mug is not designed as a prank but simply for fun and is sure to tickle any coffee loving photographers.

What I like most is that the lid uses a pushbutton function to open for drinking and to quickly close again once you have had a drink. When I first got this mug the button didn’t work – it never closed. I took the lid off and found that the seal had moved off track just a little but I was able to put it back in place easily and the lid has worked very well ever since.

Cleaning the mug has been very easy even though I only hand wash it. I am very pleased with this mug and would recommend it.

I received a complementary sample unit for review.

15 Ounce Premium Stemless Wine Glasses Set of 4 - Designer Set Will Enhance Red and White Wine Taste

5.0 out of 5 stars DIshwasher safe and they don't topple as easily as stemware, December 8, 2014
I enjoy good wine and have discovered that a good glass can enhance the flavors in many wines. Most importantly, one should choose a glass shape designed to bring out the best in the type of wine you are drinking. Although a stemmed glass makes for nice presentation the stem really does nothing to improve the flavor of the drink. Don’t get me wrong – I like a nice elegant stemmed glass as much as anyone but there are times when the stem is less practical.

The 15 Ounce Premium Stemless Wine Glasses Set of 4 is a nice choice for casual nights when you want to enjoy a nice glass of red or white wine without a lot of fuss. This stemless glasses are not as easy for me to knock over accidentally an even better they fit in my dishwasher for simple clean up.

The glass itself has a fun design with little air bubbles that give the glasses some character and make them stand out a little bit from plainer glasses.

I mostly drink red wine, and that’s all I’ve had with the so far but every bottle I’ve enjoyed with these glasses has tasted very good. I am very pleased with these glasses and would highly recommend them.

I received a complimentary sample unit for review.

KitchenAid KB6NSO09SG Classic Nonstick 9" Springform Pan Bakeware
KitchenAid KB6NSO09SG Classic Nonstick 9" Springform Pan Bakeware
Price: $22.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Great springform pan!, November 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love to cook and have found that investing in really good cookware makes a huge difference in how my recipes turn out as well as how easily the cookware cleans. Several years ago, I invested in couple of good sets of KitchenAid pots and pans, which have proven their worth over and over again. Since then, I’ve purchased other KitchenAid cookware and been equally pleased with it.

My latest acquisition is the KitchenAid KB6NSO09SG Springform, 9-Inch. I don’t use springform pans often, but still find I need one a couple of times a year. My old ones were cheap, lightweight metal that started to rust after a few years. I threw those out some time ago. This KitchenAid pan is much better. Not only is it coated all over with a nonstick surface, but it has a good weight to it and feels durable. This pan cooks evenly and cleans up in a snap. I’ve had no trouble with cakes or bread sticking to it yet.

I would highly recommend this pan to anyone who needs a good springform pan.

Fresh Effects Everything Off Deluxe Make-Up Removal Wet Cloths 25 cloths per pack
Price: $4.99
23 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for quick make-up removal!, November 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For years, I got away without removing my make up each night before bed and still had good skin. Now that I am in my forties, I try to be better about cleansing my face before bed. There are nights, however, when I am just too tired to go through the whole cleansing routine, or I’m just in a hurry. I like to keep some make-up removal wipes on hand for those nights, and the Fresh Effects Everything Off Deluxe Make-Up Removal Wet Cloths have been a great product for this.

You simply pull a wipe out of the resealable pack, and wipe your makeup away. It takes everything off my face, but doesn’t necessarily remove all of my mascara. However, it gets the parts I am most concerned with – my skin.

I wouldn’t recommend these wipes to replace a good skin care routine, but these are perfect when you want to quickly and easily remove your cosmetics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and delicate - sure to delight girls of all ages who like snowflakes, November 24, 2014
I love snowflakes. Not actual snow that makes things cold and slippery, but the design of a snowflake as a decoration or jewelry. Since Disney's movie `Frozen' became so popular, snowflake pendants are even hotter (no pun intended) that ever.

The Amanda Rose Collection's Swiss Blue and White Topaz Snowflake Pendant-Necklace in Sterling Silver (1/2ct tgw) is an absolutely lovely necklace. The silver chain and the pendant are very delicate looking, as befitting a snowflake, but are made well so I don't worry they'll break easily.

The pendant is small and tasteful, with a soft blue topaz highlighting the center of the snowflake and several white topaz stones accenting the various points in the design.

I have enjoyed this necklace since I received it recently and have already received compliments on it. I anticipate my six-year-old niece is going to want it when she sees me wearing it soon, but she's not getting mine. Instead, I plan to buy another for her Christmas gift so we'll having matching necklaces. Of course, she'll be more interested in matching Elsa and Anna from `Frozen' than Aunt Jennifer, but that's OK with me.

I received a sample unit in exchange for an honest review.

Canon MAXIFY MB2020 Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (Airprint and Cloud Compatible)
Price: $133.01
6 used & new from $129.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Installation issues, tedious configuration, and it just doesn't work consistently, November 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve used a few multifunction devices that have cloud apps on them. Some do it really well, others are just OK. Having now used the Canon Office Products MAXIFY MB2020 Wireless Home Office Inkjet Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax, I would put this MFD squarely in the ‘just OK’ category.

I ordered this printer to use in my office at work. I am a domain administrator there, and of course an administrator of my desktop PC at work, but when I tried to install the Canon software for this device from the CD that was shipped with it, the software returned an error, stating I must be logged on as an administrator to install it. This occurred even though I was logged on with a domain administrator account who was a member of the local administrators group AND I launched the setup.exe from the CD by right-clicking it and clicking the command to ‘Run as administrator.’ There is no good reason for the software to return that error.

I finally logged off of my domain account and logged in as the local administrator, at which time I was finally able to install the software. I also use my own laptop at work, and it is not joined to the domain. I log in with an account using my name, which is a local administrator but is not a domain account. I was able to install the software without issue on the laptop. It appears the software cannot be installed using a domain account, no matter the level of privileges that account has. I consider this extremely sloppy programming on Canon’s part.

Once installed, configuring the software on the PC wasn’t difficult. However, configuring the device from the control panel on the printer itself is cumbersome at best. Connecting to my wireless networks at home and at the office using the WPS option failed. I was able to configure the wireless settings manually, but it was tedious using the numeric keypad for this.

As for the cloud apps, I find Canon’s offerings extremely limited. They don’t even work with Box.com accounts right now, which is disappointing since that is the main cloud storage system I use. You can configure Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive. With other MFDs, you go to a special webpage to authorize the device with your cloud storage account, and then enter a short authorization code in the MFD’s control panel. With the Canon MB2020, you must enter all the credentials for each cloud account you wish to configure using the numeric keypad on the control panel, which is extremely tiresome and frustrating when you know there are better ways Canon could have designed this. And woe unto you if you accidentally enter an incorrect character – you have to start all over from the beginning.

Once configured, scanning to the cloud apps work OK, but the entire interface is slow and requires going through way too many steps for each scan job. Not only that, but the process is slow even on the internet connection at work, where we have 100 MB download speeds and 20 MB upload speeds. In addition, at least twice in the last week I’ve not been able to access the cloud apps, receiving a message on the LCD screen that the server is under maintenance. This is apparently a Canon server, since it isn’t even letting me get to the screen where I can choose which cloud app I want to use.

Printing works fine most of the time, but they tout a fast print even when the device has gone to sleep and I really haven’t seen any improvement in this area. In fact, there has been at least one occasion where it wouldn’t wake up at all and I had to power cycle it before I had to print.

The device has other features too, but to be honest, I would heartily recommend against buying this MFD based on the fact that its core features just don’t work as well as they should and you can buy a much better device at a comparable price by choosing a different brand like Epson or Brother. I received this device to review, but if I had purchased it, I would have taken advantage of Amazon’s great return policy already.

KitchenAid KCA10TPOB Aluminum Nonstick 10" and 12" Skillets Twin Pack Cookware - Onyx Black
Price: $64.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality pans cook well and can be washed in the dishwasher, November 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
A few years ago, I upgraded my pots and pans to a KitchenAid set which has performed extremely well for quite a while and still look as good as they did when I got them. Based on that experience, I didn’t hesitate to snap up the new KitchenAid KCA10TPOB Cookware Set, 10-Inch and 12-Inch, Twin-Pack.

Now that I have received these pans, I can say that I am as impressed with their quality as I am with my older KitchenAid pans, and fully expect this set to last at least as long as my older ones. These pans have a good weight to them and feel very sturdy and durable. The base is stainless steel and the interior is a three-layer non-stick finish that food just slides off of.

The use and care guide is printed on the inside of the box that the pans are packaged in, so if you like to save such instructions, as I do, you’ll have to cut it out of the box. I would have much preferred a thin slip of paper that I can easily tuck into my file for kitchen manuals.

The bottom of the pans has some tips printed right on the pan, including a note that they are dishwasher durable – a fact I very much appreciate. They also support induction cooking as well as all cooking types.

The use and care guide does advise that if you must use cooking spray, you should only use low-residue cooking spray. I rarely use cooking spray anymore, and never use it in this type of pan, so that isn’t an issue for me.

You can put these pans in the oven with temperatures up to 375 degrees, which is nice if you want to broil a steak after searing it on the stovetop.

I am very pleased with these pans and would highly recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20