Profile for Jennifer A. Ray > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 447

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer A. Ray RSS Feed (TN, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Delta Power Tools 36-6020 10" Portable Table Saw with Stand
Delta Power Tools 36-6020 10" Portable Table Saw with Stand
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: $549.99
3 used & new from $499.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable table saw is well made and works beautifully, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was my first experience with a table saw. I will be helping a friend rebuild her deck next month, and she had planned to rent one. Now, we’ll be able to use this one for it. In the meantime, I used it to help some friends’ build some shelves in their new home. Of course, when I say I helped, I mean that I took it to their house and he helped me put it together and used it while I watched.

My friend’s husband is very handy, and has used table saws many times before. He had no trouble using this, and was very adept at it. For a smaller saw, this one worked very well and he was satisfied that all the safety guards he expected were in place.

The instructions were very clear and it was easy to put together. Using the saw is easy – assuming, of course, you have some experience with table saws. The saw and stand appear very durable for a unit this size and it moves easily from one place to another using the stand, which has wheels.

For the shelving project, we cut common boards: 1x10, 2x4, and 2x16 and it handled all of them with ease, making clean cuts and leaving smooth ends.

From a newbie’s viewpoint, I was impressed by how easy it looked for my friend to use my new saw. He also said that he would recommend it, from his much more experienced perspective.

InStyler Wet To Dry Rotating Iron, Purple, 1-1/4 Inch
InStyler Wet To Dry Rotating Iron, Purple, 1-1/4 Inch
Price: $98.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hair appliance - title should read damp-to-dry instead of wet, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have an older InStyler hair tool and have liked it, so when I saw the InStyler Wet To Dry Rotating Iron, Purple, 1-14 Inch, I was very interested in trying it. I’m not a morning person, and I wash my hair every day, so the wet to dry feature was really why I wanted this appliance.

First off, although the title of the product uses the term wet-to-dry, the manual and reality prove this to be an exaggeration. InStyler really means damp-to-dry. I still have to blow dry my hair before I can use this. On the bright side, however, I can leave it a bit damp and get good results.

The InStyler site has video tips that show how to use this tool best, and they are very helpful. I haven’t yet mastered the ability to make ringlet curls with this tool, but I have really liked the way it produces smooth body for my hair (see uploaded photo).

I think I’ll have the curling technique down with some more practice, but for now I use it primarily to create nearly straight hair that is curled under for body.

InStyler provides a removable cool tip that screws into the end of the barrel, which is nice to get a better hold of the hot appliance while you are using it.

I would recommend this appliance.

InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ionic Hot Brush and Ceramic Flat Iron, Purple
InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ionic Hot Brush and Ceramic Flat Iron, Purple
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hot brush I've ever used - with the added bonus of a built-in flat iron too!, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have long, fine hair that has a little natural wave to it. It’s not enough wave that I can just let it dry naturally and go, of course. So, I have to actually style my hair every day. I have a hot brush that has been my favorite hair styling tool for a while, so when I saw the InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ionic Hot Brush and Ceramic Flat Iron, Purple I was intrigued by it. I do sometimes use flat irons, and the thought that this one appliance can do both means it takes up less space on my vanity and in my luggage.

The flat iron function works as well as any other flat iron I’ve used. I really didn’t see a major advantage of this flat iron over others, except for the multifunction feature.

The hot brush tool, however, is the best I have ever used. It curls or waves quickly and easily and my hair holds the curl from this tool better than normally. I typical use it to curl sections in ringlets and then lightly finger comb them together with my hair upset down. The result is soft, pretty waves that last all day.

I am very happy with this hair styler and would highly recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron, Black
InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron, Black
Price: $99.88
4 used & new from $92.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well on my long, fine hair, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have long, fine hair and enjoy being versatile with my hair styles. Sometimes I want my hair wavy and sometimes I went it smooth. The InStyler Max 2-Way Rotating Iron, Black can create both of those looks with one appliance. .

The tool has a rotating barrel with a clamp that has brushes. The two pieces together work to keep each strand of hair soft and separated as it heats them, unlike the old-fashioned curling irons that heat a section together in a way that has the strands kind of sticking to each other. The effect is a softer, more natural look for my hair.

The InStyler Max isn't hard to use, but I do recommend watching the instructional videos on their website to get an idea of how to use it before starting. The manual provides the address to that site, so it is easy to find. InStyler has videos for several different types of styling, so most people will find a video to help with the look they are trying to create.

I use the InStyler Max mostly to smooth my hair and it work wonderfully. I have used it to curl my hair, but have found that the InStyler Ionic Styler Pro Ionic Hot Brush and Ceramic Flat Iron, Purple is easier for me to use when I want to curl my hair.

This device heats up quickly and also has an automated shut off so you needn't worry too much if you forget to turn it off. There are three heat settings designed for different types of hair. InStyler also provides a cool tip that you can screw into the end of the styler to help prevent burning your fingers as you use the InStyler.

I would recommend the InStyler Max.

Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean, One-Gallon Concentrate
Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean, One-Gallon Concentrate
Price: $9.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Scrubbing with just water and a brush worked just as well as using this cleaner, May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean, One-Gallon Concentrate because I have cream colored vinyl siding and a garage door that has become filthy since I moved in almost five years ago. I’ve been planning to buy a power washer, but thought I’d give this cleaner a try first.

From the product description here and on the manufacturer’s site, I had expected that I would have to scrub the more difficult spots but that the foaming cleanser would lift off the lighter dirt. This isn’t true. I used this concentrate on the garage door and the vinyl siding surrounding it, and I had to scrub every inch to get the dirt off. I followed the directions for ‘general use’ and mixed up the amount Scotts recommends for heavily soiled areas in a spray bottle. I tested a section of the vinyl siding with just water and a scrub brush and it cleaned as well as the sections I’d sprayed with the Scotts formula. I don’t believe this cleaner helped this job much at all.

I can buy an inexpensive power washer for about the same price as ten bottles of this cleaner, and I think a power washer would do a lot more good on jobs like this. I’ll finish this bottle, but I don’t plan to buy more of this when it is gone.

Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz.
Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean Ready-To-Spray, 32 oz.
Price: $10.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Used it on vinyl siding and it required a lot of scrubbing - this cleaner didn't make much difference, May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The rental house I live in has some cream color vinyl siding on the section of the house where the garage is. Since I moved in almost five years ago, that siding has steadily grown dirtier. Worse, the side of the house that receives the least amount of sun grew some greenish stuff that I believe to be algae. I’d planned to buy a pressure washer when the budget allowed, until Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Plus OxiClean Ready-To-Spray appeared on my radar.

Reading the description of this cleaner on the Amazon product page and on the Scotts website, I expected that I would have to scrub the tougher spots, but thought this solution would foam and lift off the lighter dirt. That didn’t happen. Nothing came off unless without serious scrubbing with a brush. I’m honestly not sure the Scotts solution even helped – the dirt would have come off with just some water and a scrub brush, and I tested this theory to be sure. This was pretty disappointing to me, especially since there was a section on the side of the house that I couldn’t reach, even with a ladder. However, I was able to spray the solution up that high. What a shame that the solution didn’t work on its own as anticipated.

The application was easy enough. You simply screw your garden hose onto the container, move the tab into the on position as indicated (I did not find this difficult) and then spray the surface you want to clean. I was able to treat the side of the house and the back of the garage with this one bottle.

I’m not sure I would purchase more of this cleaner. Ten bottles of this costs about the same as an inexpensive power washer, and I think the power washer would handle this kind of work easier and better.

Hefty Ultimate Flex Tall Kitchen Bags, Clean Burst, 38 Count
Hefty Ultimate Flex Tall Kitchen Bags, Clean Burst, 38 Count
Price: $7.82
5 used & new from $7.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong bags have a subtle, fresh scent, May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kitchen garbage can is tall, and the top is a little wider than other cans. Some tall kitchen bags are really tight around the top, to the point that it is easy to tear them when I try to put a bag in the can. Hefty Ultimate Flex Tall Kitchen Bags, Clean Burst, 38 Count fits much better than most other bags, and they have the added benefit of being strong enough to handle everything I’ve put in the trash.

I was a little concerned about a scented bag, but the ‘clean burst’ scent is very light and subtle rather than overpowering and obnoxious.

I’ve used these bags in all of my tall cans for almost a month now, and they have worked very well. I will definitely look for more of these when I need to buy tall garbage bags again.

Brother Printer PTP750W Wireless Label Maker
Brother Printer PTP750W Wireless Label Maker
Price: $108.99
53 used & new from $84.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless label printer works very well, uses the same cartridge models that the older models do, May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a few things I print labels for, and my old Brother PT-2430PC has worked well, but I have outgrown it a bit. It requires being plugged into a computer via a USB port, and I have wanted a wireless label printer for a while. This was the major reason I wanted the Brother PT-P750W label printer. I’ve had great experiences with Brother printers in the last few years, so there was no doubt in my mind I wanted another Brother printer.

This label maker is sleek, compact, and easy to set up. You can connect it to a PC with the provided USB cable – in fact, you have to in order to set it up – but once it is configured, the printer can be used on your wireless network. This means you can put it anywhere in your home or office that is convenient for you. I use this at home and I most often print labels in the kitchen, so I actually keep it at my desk normally and move it to the kitchen when I need it.

Brother’s label makers have been great for me when I need to print labels for foods I freeze, food gifts, etc. I make homemade spaghetti sauce, chili, chicken stock, lasagna, and pot pie filling to freeze and have throughout the year. These labels are perfect for my frozen goods so that I can quickly identify what it is and when I made it. Even better, these label easily peel off the reusable containers I use for freezing without leaving any sticky residue behind, yet they stay put until I pull them off.

I mentioned earlier that I have an older label printer from Brother and I was delighted to find that both printers use the same cartridge models, so the spares I have for the older printer are still viable for the new printer. These cartridges contain both ink and tape, and can easily be removed before they are empty, allowing for you to switch to a new color or size when your project requires it.

Brother did not package the software with the printer, which is pretty common these days. They did provide a web address where it can be downloaded. The installer was easy to find, simple to install, and worked out of the gate. It comes with a design program to create labels and includes settings that allow the printer to automatically cut each label or not.

I am extremely pleased with the Brother PT-P750W label printer and highly recommend it to anyone looking to purchase one.

Swingline Electric Stapler, Speed Pro 45 Sheets, Black (S7042141)
Swingline Electric Stapler, Speed Pro 45 Sheets, Black (S7042141)
Price: $87.11
16 used & new from $52.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for stapling up to 45 sheets together, or for jobs requiring rapid and repetitive stapling, April 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you need to staple a lot of pages together, a manual stapler just doesn't normally do a very good job. If you need to staple up to forty-five pages together often, or if you simply have a process that requires rapid and repetitive stapling, then you would benefit from a product like the Swingline Electric Stapler, Speed Pro 45 Sheets, Black (S7042141).

This stapler has suction cups on the bottom that keep it steady while you work with it, but still remove easily from the surface when you wish to move the unit. An easy-to-access push button on the back of the stapler ejects the staple tray, where you simply set a new stick of staples in it, then push it back in place. This is easier to load than my manual stapler at work.

Once you have the stapler loaded and plugged in, you are ready to go. Just slide the pages into the stapling platform and the stapler does the rest of the work.

The device comes with two boxes of staples. The first is a box of 1000 standard Swingline staples that work for smaller staple jobs. The second box contains 500 high capacity staples that can handle 25-45 sheets. The links below are to purchase larger quantities of the staples that came with this device. Any standard staple would work, but you will want tto buy the high capacity staples if you have larger documents to staple.
Swingline Staples, Speed Pro High Capacity, 3/8-Inch Leg Length, 210 per Strip, 5000 per Box (S7035465)
Swingline SF1 Standard Staples (5,000 per box)

I would highly recommend this stapler to anyone who has a need for an electric stapler.

OREGON 40 Volt MAX* BL300-A6 Handheld Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack
OREGON 40 Volt MAX* BL300-A6 Handheld Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack
Price: $299.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cordless blower packs a lot of power on one charge, April 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I bought a blower, I selected a corded one. It has worked well, but it is a bit of a pain having to drag a super-long extension cord around while using it. More than once, I’ve wished I had chosen the cordless model instead. So now I own the OREGON 40 Volt MAX BL300-A6 Handheld Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack. This blower works just as well as my corded, but with the added benefit of not being tethered to an extension cord.

On one charge, I’ve used this blower to clean my front porch, front path, garage, and my patio out back. The blower is just as powerful as the corded model I have, but I can actually work quicker since I don’t have to maneuver the cord and worry about it breaking plants or knocking things over.

I have the kit, which means it came with the blower, a battery charger and a battery. This one came with the 4.0 Ah battery pack, which is the most powerful battery in this line. Oregon has several tools in this product line that use the same batteries and chargers, which means the 2.4 Ah battery that came with my Oregon Hedge Trimmer also works for this blower.
OREGON C750 Rapid Battery Charger Used with Chain Saw, 40-Volt
Oregon PowerNow C600 40 Volt Max Lithium-Ion Battery Charger For Standard And Endurance Batteries
Oregon PowerNow B600E 40-volt Battery Pack, 4.0 Ah
Oregon PowerNow B400E 40 Volt Max Endurance 2.4 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
Oregon PowerNow B500S 40 Volt Max Standard 1.25 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

I am very happy with this blower and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to purchase a good cordless blower.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20