Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Jennifer A. Ray > Reviews

Browse

Jennifer A. Ray's Profile

Customer Reviews: 997
Top Reviewer Ranking: 527

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer A. Ray RSS Feed (TN, United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Price: $399.99
55 used & new from $399.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ViewSonic has delivered an outstanding monitor, August 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’m afraid I’ve spoiled myself terribly. I’ve become so accustomed to the convenience of having dual monitors on my computer that I find it hard to work on a computer that has just one monitor, especially if it is small. I got the ViewSonic VX2475SMHL-4K 24-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor (3840x2160, 60Hz, 3ms, 120M:1 DCR, HDMI 2.0 (MHL), DisplayPort) to use as a second monitor with my laptop, and it has worked beautifully.

I connect this monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable, which allows me to play audio through the ViewSonic monitor as well as display the picture since the monitor has speakers built in.

The picture quality on this device is outstanding. If the 24” display size weren’t enough, the response time really delivers a great viewing experience.

I use this at home when I am working on my laptop but I also use it as the singers’ monitor when I run my karaoke system from my laptop. It is very important that the display be very good while the singers are trying to follow the lyrics onscreen – especially if they’ve been drinking. One little glitch and it can throw them off course in the middle of a song.

This monitor does require some minor assembly when you unbox it, but it was easy to figure out without needing directions.

I would highly recommend this monitor to anyone who needs a quality monitor of this size.

Bissell SpotClean Cordless Portable Spot Cleaner, 1570
Bissell SpotClean Cordless Portable Spot Cleaner, 1570
Price: $149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with the features it has, but I prefer the Bissell SpotBot, August 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I bought a BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8A in January of 2013 and have loved it. When I saw the Bissell 1570 SpotClean Cordless Portable Spot Cleaner, I knew I wanted it. I'd expected the Bissell 1570 to be pretty close to being a cordless version of the Bissell 33N8A. In some ways, it is, but in some pretty major ways, it isn't.

The thing I love most about the Bissell SpotBot is that you can literally set it on top of a stain, turn it on, and leave it to do its work. The SpotClean doesn't have that capability - you must manually work the stain you need to remove using the hand tool. For that reason alone, I'd highly recommend The Bissell SpotBot over the Bissell SpotClean unless you really need the cordless capability. The only advantage the SpotClean has over the SpotBot is the fact that it is cordless.

The SpotClean comes with two different tools: the 3-in-1 Stair Tool and the 3" Stain Tool. These tools are shaped differently from each other and are intended for different purposes. The 3" Stain Tool is good for most things, including carpet, upholstery and more. The 3-in-1 Stair Tool is designed for awkward spots like stairs since it fits in outer curves and corners better. There are other tools you can purchase at an extra cost if you need to.

This cleaner takes four hours to charge and has up to twenty minutes of run time on a charge. That should be plenty for most messes. This isn't the device you'd use to clean all of your carpets or upholstery, just a quick mess.

The clean and dirty reservoirs are easy to remove, fill, and empty. The unit does require some simple assembly when you unbox it, and this was pretty intuitive.

As for how well it works on stains, I can recommend it in this regard without hesitation. I dropped some fresh Bing Cherries on the floor behind my desk at work and smashed them into the carpet before I realized they were there. I brought the SpotClean device the next day and it took care of the day-old stains with no problem.

Meaneor Women's Sequin Embroidered Smocked Bodice Knee Length Dress Long Beach Dress Blue XL
Offered by ACEVOG
Price: $23.99
3 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and feminine - use the sizing guide for best fit, August 3, 2015
I like to wear skirts and dresses, especially in hotter weather. They are more comfortable, cooler, and feminine. I recently received the Meaneor Women Cap Sleeve Boho Gypsy Renaissance Peasant Mid Length Dress and was pleased with the way it looked when I unboxed it. Although it had been shipped in hot weather, the dress was not wrinkled when I took it out of the package, which bodes well for traveling with it in a suitcase in the future.

I am an XL or a size 14 in dresses right now. The sizing guide for this dress specified to use your bust measurement to size the dress, which I did, and that provided me with a perfect fit when I tried the dress on.

The shirred waist helps create a nice silhouette and is comfortable. I’ve worn some things with this kind of shirring that itched, but this garment doesn’t have that problem.

The bodice is very flattering on a woman with an ample bust like myself, and the drawstring tie lets you adjust it however is comfortable for you. I prefer the sleeves to stay on my shoulders, so I pulled the string enough to keep the sleeves from sliding off my shoulders.

I’ve worn the dress twice and received compliments each time. The dress looks just as good after washing it as it did when it arrived. It does require flat or drip dry. I put it in a sweater bag to wash it since my washer sometimes gets ties tangled around the agitator and I wash it with Woolite before drip-drying it. I’ve now washed it twice, using a different white sweater bag each time and both times the blue of the dress has bled and stained the sweater bag, so I highly recommend that you always wash this dress by itself.

I am very pleased with this dress and look forward to wearing it often. I’m uploading photos of myself in the dress to show how it fits my type of figure.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Offered by AllbehqFashion
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Flirty, feminine, and comfortable, August 3, 2015
These days, it seems hard for me to find shoes that fit my style. I prefer shoes that are feminine, not clunky, and I also want them to be comfortable. My favorite shoe style is a sandal – both flat and heeled. I received the AllhqFashion Women's Split Round Toe Cow Leather Solid Sandals with Flowers and Applique last month and was very pleased with the look of these sandals – they fit my requirements exactly.

Not only that, but I’ve received a number of compliments every time I’ve worn these shoes.

I mentioned earlier that comfort was a requirement of mine – this has become increasingly more important to me as I grow older. I’m not willing to ‘suffer’ for fashion any longer and I don’t think women have to. I’ve worn these shoes for nine hours or more at a time and they’ve felt just fine.

The ‘buckle’ is a little odd. It looks like a traditional buckle with a post that slips through the hole to fasten, and indeed you can adjust the sandal strap a bit this way, but that is not how the shoe is fastened on your foot. The fastener is actually a little slide bar that slides just behind the buckle and holds firmly. It isn’t hard to fasten, but it is a little unusual at first.

I am very pleased with this pair of sandals and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a feminine, flirty pair of flat sandals. I will upload photos of the sandals as well.

I received a free sample of these shoes to test in order to write an honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum
Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum
Price: $284.00
28 used & new from $270.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance counteracts a short runtime, August 1, 2015
This review is from: Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum (Misc.)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’ve used a number of cordless vacuums over the years – Dustbusters, Eureka cordless stick vacuum, etc. Some of them work okay, and others aren’t really good for much. The idea of a cordless vacuum has often been better than the reality. But in this day and age, the idea of unwrapping and rewrapping a power cord to clean up something quickly seems like too much trouble, and I imagine that is even more true in a household with children who are expected to help with such chores.

The Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum is in a class by itself when it comes to cordless vacuums. Where others tend to push larger debris across the floor, the Dyson V6 sucks everything it reaches up. Given that its estimated run time on a charge is only twenty minutes, this kind of performance is essential, and Dyson did not let me down.

I’ve used this vacuum on hard floors and carpet, and it has worked well on both for quick pick-ups. If you want to clean thoroughly, you should still use a regular vacuum, of course, but if you just need to do a quick spot clean before company comes or clean up a small mess, this vacuum will do the trick.

I would very much recommend this to anyone looking for a great cordless vacuum if you can budget its higher price. You can buy one for less, but the performance of the others I’ve tried doesn’t even come close to Dyson.

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy
Price: $559.00
44 used & new from $504.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic vacuum, but needs better documentation, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nine years ago, I bought the Dyson DC15 Animal Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner, and it has worked so well for so long that I was very excited to try the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy. With the Dyson name coupled with my own experience with the older model, I had high expectations for this vacuum. It did not disappoint.

There is some assembly required when this device arrives, but it is easy to do and doesn't even require any tools. This particular model comes with a lot of accessories, and I doubt most people would need to purchase extra attachments unless you have a very specific need that the included attachments can't fulfill.

The accessories:
- Self-adjusting cleaner head
- Instant high-reach wand
- Tangle-free Turbine tool (this tool works well to remove pet hair from upholstery)
- Stair tool (great for vacuuming stairs)
- Combination tool
- Carbon fiber soft dusting brush (works well on blinds, keyboards, table tops, etc.)
- Multi-angle brush (twists into different positions so it is easier to clean awkward spots)
- Mattress tool (perfect for mattresses and upholstery)
- Reach under tool (handy for a quick vacuum under an appliance or piece of furniture)
- Tool bag (tote to keep all the tools and manuals together)

Two of my favorite features with my old Dyson were that there were no bags and no belts that needed to be changed. This new model boasts the same features, and I couldn't be happier. With other vacuums, the belt always seemed to break when I was in a hurry to get the house clean and had no spare belt on hand. And no one likes changing a vacuum bag - it's messy, tedious, and takes time. It is so much easier to simply lift the canister off the unit, then hold it over a trash can while pressing the release button to empty it. The fact that the canister is clear means you can easily see when you need to empty it.

I am used to the Dyson ball feature from my old vacuum and I don't think I could do without it now. This new model has this feature as well and it moves so easily around corners that it makes vacuuming a breeze.

As well as my old unit worked, the new Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy works even better. It picks up so much out of the carpet and it works equally well on my hard floors.

Functionally, this Dyson vacuum is outstanding. So why did I give it only four stars? I really feel that the manufacturer did a very poor job with the manual for this model. There isn't enough detail and the instructions are sketchy. There are things I had to guess at, like how to release the handle to vacuum. My old model had a button for this, but I haven't found this on the new model. Instead, it seems you must simply pull it back, which makes me worry I might be breaking it. I can't find anything in the documentation to confirm if this is the correct method. I would also have liked something in the manual that detailed the uses for each attachment that was included.

That said, I would highly recommend this vacuum to anyone who is ready to invest in a very good vacuum that will last a long time. In the nine years I have owned the older model, I've never regretted the purchase.

Bonded Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings
Bonded Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings
Price: $70.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and fun, perfect for dates or going out, July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the look of hoop earrings with some outfits. I normally wear a smaller hoop, but thought the Bonded Sterling Silver and 14k Yellow Gold Hoop Earrings would be fun to wear in my personal time. They are a bit too large to wear in a professional setting, but great for a date or going out with friends.

They are light, and feel comfortable when I wear them. The clasp is easy to manage and stays secure.

As for the look, well if I didn’t know they were bonded sterling silver and 14k gold, I’d think they were solid gold.

Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum
Price: $479.00
63 used & new from $399.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and versatile cordless vacuum has a short runtime, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nine years ago, I bought a Dyson DC15 Animal and have been very pleased with its performance over the years. When I saw that Dyson had come out with cordless vacuums, I was naturally curious. There are times when you just need to do a quick pick up and don't want to drag the whole vacuum out. It seems like such a chore to unwind the power cord and wind it back up again.

With a cordless vacuum, there is no cord to deal with, so it is easy to simply unplug it, clean up, and then connect it to the charger again to be ready for its next job. The Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum comes with a charger that can be used on its own, or used with a dock (included) that can be mounted on the wall. I haven't yet mounted the dock since I haven't decided where I want to put it.

When the Dyson V6 arrived, it already had some charge in it, but I plugged it in to an electrical outlet for the three and a half hours the manual says it needs to fully charge. When it finished, I tested it on the vinyl floors in my home, and it worked beautifully. With other cordless vacuums, I have found that they sometimes push larger pieces of debris around rather than picking them up. This is not so with the Dyson V6 - it picks everything up easily.

The Dyson V6 Absolute is the top of the line model that comes with numerous attachments. Before I describe these, I should say that I am disappointed that Dyson did not include a tote to keep them all together like they do with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy. That said, it is a problem I easily solved with a 2.5 gallon Hefty One-Zip bag. The tools that are included with this model make it ideal for anyone who has pets in the house or who has allergies.

This unit comes with the following attachments:
* Soft Roller Cleaner Head - used for hard floors
* Direct-Drive Cleaner Head - used for carpet
* Mini Motorized Tool - removes pet hair and ground-in dirt from furniture, car seats, and tight spaces
* Mini Soft Dusting Brush - used for dusting (furniture, keyboards, computer equipment, blinds, etc.)
* Crevice Tool - used for narrow spaces
* Combination Accessory Tool

The Dyson V6 Absolute has an advanced HEPA filtration system that also makes it a good choice for anyone who has allergies. Emptying the bin is as easy as holding it over a garbage can and pressing a button, making it less likely you will spill the contents on the floor or that they might waft back into the air you are breathing.

It can be used as either a hand-held vacuum or as a full length vacuum. Dyson includes a long tube in the package that is easy to attach or detach. It is easy to manage, no matter if you are using it on floors or on the ceiling to pick up spider webs, etc.

The only reason I can't give this a full five stars is because of the run time. As expensive as this model is, I'd expect at least sixty minutes on a single charge. The maximum that Dyson rates this unit for is twenty minutes, and that depends on how you are using it and if you enabled Max Power Mode or not. That said, I was able to get quite a lot done in twenty minutes, but there are times when I want to use a cordless vacuum to quickly go over the whole house right before company arrives, and this just can't handle that kind of task.

So, whether this vacuum is right for you or not depends largely on how you will use it and your budget. If the budget is tight, then skip the Dyson. However, if you can spend the money, this device has a whole lot of power and versatility despite the short run time.

Price: $144.47
11 used & new from $111.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great audio quality, June 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There are so many Bluetooth speakers on the market, that they all start to seem pretty much the same after you look at a lot of them. Then Monster came out with the Monster SuperStar BackFloat High Definition Bluetooth Waterproof Floating Speaker - Black and Light Blue. This one has a huge difference – it floats in water. That’s right, you can take into the pool, the bathtub, the lake – wherever you want to listen to music while swimming or soaking.

So far, I’ve only used it in my bathtub and it works very well there. I plan to take it with me next month when I vacation at the family home in Florida. Our property is on the bayou, and this will be nice to listen to while we are swimming so the music is near us instead of blaring too loudly from the dock.

The speaker has several ports, all of which are covered very well so that they don’t get wet while it is floating. You simply open the cover when you want to connect it to a charger (which is provided in the box), and the cover stays attached to the speaker even while it is open so you don’t lose it.

Pairing the Monster SuperStart Backfloat with my Samsung Galaxy S4 was very easy and only took a moment. The devices connects to my phone just as easily when I want to use it.

Not only can you listen to music on this device, but it also serves as a very good speakerphone for your smartphone. The audio quality is excellent no matter if you are listening to a movie, music, or a phone conversation.

If you want to buy a Bluetooth speaker that you can take into the pool or bath, then I would highly recommend this one.

Keurig 117644 2.0 K200 Brewer, Black
Keurig 117644 2.0 K200 Brewer, Black
Price: Click here to see our price
15 used & new from $71.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes a decent cup of coffee, but other brands have better features, June 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since I first saw a Keurig machine, I haven't quite understood the craze surrounding it. My first thought was that it isn't that hard to make a cup of coffee in an automatic coffeemaker, and having now used one, I feel the same way. Sure, the Keurig 117644 2.0 K200 Brewer makes a decent cup of coffee, but so does every other coffeepot I've used.

I found the initial setup of the Keurig was not intuitive - at least not for me. It was easy enough to figure out where the drip tray goes, but they included two water filters in the box, and it took me a while to figure out where to put them. Neither the printed manual that came with the machine nor the PDF version I downloaded from the Keurig site gave any direction on how to install the water filter that was included. Then I finally realized that the instruction was packaged with a plastic tube-like piece that apparently is constructed to hold the water filter. Once I found this instruction, installing it in the water reservoir was easy.

The water reservoir itself could use improvement. The lid just sets on top of it, so I spilled water every time I tried to put it back on the machine. I would prefer a more water-tight lid to reduce mess. The last thing I want is to spill a puddle of water around an electrical device.

Also, the Keurig K200 Brewer requires quite a lot more water than you need for one cup of coffee. If you don't have the minimum in the reservoir, then it won't run. For me, this really defeats the purpose of a single-cup coffeemaker, especially when it suggested using only bottled or filtered water. If I'm only having one cup of coffee, filling the reservoir is extremely wasteful. Conversely, my Hamilton Beach single-cup coffeemaker holds just enough water for one cup of coffee, which is a perfect design.

Keurig includes a sampler pack of K-Cups in the package - three different coffee flavors and one hot cocoa. Each was good, but not something I would buy again. I actually prefer to make real hot cocoa on the stovetop with milk. The coffee varieties it included were all a medium roast, and I prefer dark. There is a setting that allows you to make a stronger cup of coffee, but it doesn't quite make a medium roast what I want. Given the expense of the K-Cups, I will rarely buy more, but I will buy one of the reusable ones that I can fill with my favorite coffee.

They also include descaling solution in the package, along with two water filters. This machine accommodates brewing into a carafe that you can purchase separately from Keurig. You simply remove the drip tray from the machine and put the carafe in its place.

This makes a good cup of coffee, and if you really set on buying a Keurig, then you will probably like this one. Otherwise, I'd recommend a more versatile device like the Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Coffee Maker, Programmable FlexBrew with Hot Water Dispenser (49988) instead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20