Profile for SeŠn Hayes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SeŠn Hayes RSS Feed (Rochester, NY)

Zipbuds PRO mic Never Tangle Zipper Earbuds with Noise Canceling Mic/Remote, Black
Offered by Zipbuds
Price: $34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in just 2 months, July 23, 2014
I've only had these 2 months and the sound in the right ear bud is gone.

Vetrap by 3M - Bandaging Tape - 4" x 5 yd - Black - USA (6)
Vetrap by 3M - Bandaging Tape - 4" x 5 yd - Black - USA (6)
Offered by Myhoovesandpaws
Price: $15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, July 13, 2014
Waste of money. I couldn't find any bandages in the store that were long enough to wrap my shoulder so I tried this. These are thinner than other self-adhesive bandages I've tried so they don't have much structural integrity, so it ends up rolling up on itself immediately, often forming a cord which feels like a giant rubber band around your chest. Trying to unwrap this bandage causes small tears to form, and sometimes it can't be unstuck from itself. Though I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere, these are basically single use bandages.

GameCube Action Replay
GameCube Action Replay
Offered by WHOLESALE OUTLET
Price: $24.40
18 used & new from $16.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Description, June 24, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Although the description says you can add new codes, you in fact can not. It didn't include the 16MB memory, and the UI and instructions make no mention of adding codes.

Timberland Mens City Adventure Leather Oxford
Timberland Mens City Adventure Leather Oxford

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is Way Off, December 6, 2011
I can't speak for the smaller sizes but I ordered a 13M, and as soon as I pulled these out of the box they immediately looked like they were a narrow version of an 11 or 12. After undoing all the laces I could just barely squeeze my feet into them. The bottoms and insoles were OK and didn't hit any pressure points on the bottom of my feet (which is why it's getting 2 stars instead of 1), but the rest of the shoe was extremely tight and there was no room for my toes, which made walking painful. I'm going to be returning them now.

Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans, Dark Stonewash, 50x30
Levi's Men's 560 Comfort Fit Denim Jeans, Dark Stonewash, 50x30
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This review has been censored by Amazon, November 26, 2011
Over the past few years I've noticed a steep drop in the quality of Levi's (they've gotten lighter and thinner, holes form in between the legs, belt loops come off and tear holes in the jeans because they're not sewn on well enough), but now it's so much worse. I bought 2 pairs of these at the end of last September and now one of them has a belt loop that came off, leaving a hole in the pants, and Amazon won't accept a return despite the fact that this product is defective. I paid $50 for a pair of jeans that couldn't even withstand 1 month of usage (2 months/2 jeans), and it's not like I'm a farmer or a lumberjack or anything like that, I sit in an office all day. Levi's used to last for 2-3 years, I still have Levi's jeans from when I was in high school that I've outgrown, but every pair I've bought since then has become unwearable within 12 months.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 3, 2014 7:46 PM PDT

3M Easy-Adjust Notebook Arm (LX700MB)
3M Easy-Adjust Notebook Arm (LX700MB)

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Overpriced POS, May 13, 2011
I bought this because I wanted to use my laptop while reclining back in my office chair, because it would be more comfortable and allow me to work longer. Unfortunately, when I got it I discovered it was too heavy to attach to any of my furniture, much less safely hold a laptop on it. Screwing it on to anything but a load bearing wall stud is out of the question, and even that wasn't an option for me at the apartment I was living in at the time.

I now have a 2" thick wooden table I've attached it to, and I have discovered other problems with it:
1. When I adjust the laptop tray to a certain height, it'll slowly decline on its own under the weight of the laptop.
2. When adjusting the arm or tray, the laptop easily slips over the short guard rails and I have to quickly catch my laptop before it lands on the ground.
3. It's mostly made of metal, and I think it's blocking my wireless signal and causing my recent slow downs and outages. I'm only about 8' LOS from my router.

I'm extremely dissatisfied with this purchase. I thought for ~$170 I was getting a good deal on a superior piece of office equipment, but I was sorely mistaken. It's a shame some Chinese company hasn't made a $40 knock-off, I can't image what justification 3M has for a $329 retail price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2011 2:22 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice chair, June 13, 2010
When I got the chair the package looked like it had been through a warzone, which is probably why this ~$800 chair is being sold for ~$300. Amazingly enough, the chair itself was completely undamaged and nothing was missing.

This is a pretty comfortable chair, though there are a few things that bother me. I wish it offered more support when in a forward posture; when leaning forward to do work I can't feel the back of the chair, it's almost like I'm on a stool. When I lean back slightly against the back of the chair to try and get more comfortable, the whole seat tilts back 5-10 degrees even though it's locked in the upright position, which puts me too far away from my desk. If it weren't for that tilt (and maybe if the back could be bent slightly forward) I think it'd be prefect.
The other problem is the arm rests are too short. They have 2 positions, down and up, and the up position is at least 3 inches too short for me to rest my arms on them (I'm a big guy).

The chair is really nice when reclined backward. I just bought a 3M Easy Adjust Notebook Arm - Desk Mount and plan to set it up so that I can work while reclined in the chair.

Acer AS5542-5547 15.6-Inch Laptop (Blue)
Acer AS5542-5547 15.6-Inch Laptop (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good laptop, June 13, 2010
Pros:
* Big screen
* 4G of RAM
* fast dual core processor
* good speakers
* looks nice
* light
* quiet fan, stays pretty cool

Cons:
* Sometimes the power cord pops out a little without you noticing, so it starts running on battery power
* Weird screen resolution of 1366x768, doesn't play nice with mupen64plus at full screen resolutions
* No ExpressCard slot. On my last laptop (an HP tx1000z) the onboard wireless stopped working after about a year, so having an ExpressCard slot was invaluable. I figured a laptop this size would have one, but I didn't read the specs closely enough.

Depends:
* Has a full size keyboard, but I actually prefer smaller keyboards since they make it easier to type with one hand while using a mouse with the other

After I got it I booted Windows to make sure everything worked, then I installed Ubuntu 10.04 64bit. Everything works pretty good (though I haven't tried to use the webcam), the only problem is the wireless (ath9') drivers which causes the connection to stop working or disconnect randomly.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2011 8:47 PM PDT

No Title Available
8 used & new from $5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, June 3, 2010
First off, this is called a practice butterfly knife, but I just discovered you can't really practice with it since pretty much all butterfly knife tricks depend on the fact that one edge of the blade is dull, but this has bottle openers on both sides of the "blade" which are really uncomfortable and kind of hurt.

Second, less than a full day after getting it, one of the screws came off on its own and I have no idea where it is, so it's completely unusable.

Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX for PC and Mac
Logitech Wireless Anywhere Mouse MX for PC and Mac

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mouse, only 2 problems, May 26, 2010
A bunch of other people have made good points as to why this is a great mouse, and I agree. I only have 2 problems with it:

1. The clicking the mouse wheel doesn't perform a middle click, it switches the scroll mode, and I always use the hyper fast scroll mode. There's a separate middle button you have to use, which is a little inconvenient. I used to have a VX Nano though I'm used to this.

2. After about a week the middle button started sticking, which never happened in 2.5 years with my VX Nano. The fix is easy though, just use a tooth brush and warm water to clean it per the N64 controller cleaning instructions: [...]