Profile for Lloyd W. Mcfarlin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 87

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lloyd W. Mcfarlin RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
FOX High Pressure Shock Pump
FOX High Pressure Shock Pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Pump, April 26, 2015
I've been using this to check the pressure of my Fox rear shock and my RockShox Pike fork along with add or remove air from them. It's gotten the job done and the pump is well built.

Fox Men's Trail 4-Inch Socks, Black, Large/X-Large
Fox Men's Trail 4-Inch Socks, Black, Large/X-Large
Offered by Dj's Boardshop
Price: $16.95
6 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Thin Socks, April 26, 2015
So far, these have proven to be a good thin yet durable pair of socks at the right price. The Fox name appears just above the achilles. Only issue (which isn't really an issue with the sock) is that now that I've switched to "real" cycling socks, all of which are made to be thin, I may have to size my shoes down going forward.

Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed Large Brunswick Green
Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed Large Brunswick Green
Price: $26.99
14 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For the Price with One Issue, April 26, 2015
I've been getting tired of our dogs chewing up every bed I'd buy but then I'd also feel bad for them sleeping on the floor when I would refuse to buy another one. So far, after a couple of months, these seem to elude their "chewable item" radar and have yet to see any damage (*knock on wood*). The only real issue is that we tend to move these around the house a lot and picking them up and moving them causes the screws that hold the metal rods together to loosen very quickly. I'm tightening them a bit too often and I'm now considering throwing some Loctite Threadlocker on the threads. This would probably not be an issue if you keep the bed stationary.

SteelSeries QcK Mini Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
SteelSeries QcK Mini Gaming Mouse Pad (Black)
Price: $6.75
90 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Than the Name Implies, April 26, 2015
I really like these SteelSeries gaming mouse pads even though I don't actually game as much as I used to (I mainly use my computer for development work these days). They do provide very good accuracy and I like how they are understated rather than being covered with flashy graphics (just my own preference). Note that although these are "mini", they are actually very large and even much larger than those "standard" mouse pads you'll find at electronics stores (the ones with pictures of cats or what not on them). Unless you have a very large desk space, these are the only SteelSeries mousepads usable on what I would consider the more common work spaces. I bought a small once by mistake and the thing was almost as large as a common wall calendar.

Anytime Tools SMALL TORX SCREWDRIVER SECURITY TAMPER PROOF HOLE T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 T15
Price: $9.17
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Electronics, April 26, 2015
I bought these to take my XBox One controllers a part since those require the hollow tips which these have (like many electronic products seem to require). These seem well made and I expect them to hold up well over time.

Mango Spot® LCD Electronic Balance Digital Fishing Hook Hanging Scale 50kg, 10g
Mango Spot® LCD Electronic Balance Digital Fishing Hook Hanging Scale 50kg, 10g
Offered by Shopping Mango
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little Scale, April 26, 2015
So far, this has proven to be very accurate and seems durable. I only wish it came with a strap since the hook can realistically only latch on to corded items or very narrow handles.

KMC Missing Link 10-speed Reusable 6 Pairs
KMC Missing Link 10-speed Reusable 6 Pairs
Offered by 4ucycling
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have, April 26, 2015
These have saved me so much time and hassle when dealing with trail-side chain breaks. I also use them when I'm shortening a chain in the garage and I've accidentally pushed the pin all the way through. It's definitely worth keeping a few of these next to your mini-tool in your cycling pack.

Sram PC 1051 P-Lock 10-Speed 114L Bicycle Chain
Sram PC 1051 P-Lock 10-Speed 114L Bicycle Chain
Price: $26.39
37 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Everyday Chain, April 26, 2015
This review is from: SRAM PC 1051 Chain (Sports)
It's a good "working man's" chain. By that I realize it's not the chain to put on your $8,000 carbon-everything race bike. If you're weighing everything to the gram level, you're better off with a hollow-pin chain (KMC has the best prices on those, IMO). For a robust, get-the-job-done chain that comes at a very reasonable price, these are a great way to go. I'm a bit of a large meathead type on a bike (former wrestler and football linebacker turned cyclist) and sometimes I just don't know my own strength and I'll start with way too much power on the pedals from a cold start. This has resulted in a snapped chain more than a few times. For that reason alone, I'm not willing to shell out $80-$100+ for each chain I get. I've put these on a few bikes now and I've always been pleased with the result. I also recommend getting a pack of the KMC Missing Links here on Amazon as well and throwing them in your cycling pack (helps out with those aforementioned snapped chain incidents).

2x Blue New XBOX ONE Controller analog Thumbsticks thumb stick
2x Blue New XBOX ONE Controller analog Thumbsticks thumb stick
Offered by BluWhale
Price: $5.25
9 used & new from $1.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Replacement, April 26, 2015
My kids left some of our XBox One controller lying around which was just perfect for our new puppy to get a hold of and chew the analog sticks off of them. I'm really glad that I can get cheap replacement sticks here on Amazon. Getting them in different colors also helps differentiate the controllers. Installation was fairly easy but also a bit scary in that pulling the controller shell apart worries me that I'll fatigue the plastic if I do that more than a few times.

2x Red New XBOX ONE Controller analog Thumbsticks thumb stick